tested positive for Herpes Type I...

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

ftfomwairdiuyps
Loyal

tested positive for Herpes Type I...

Post by ftfomwairdiuyps »

I guess its not as bad as Type II ?

I haven't really noticed any symptoms yet, so at this point i'm not sure if it's genital or oral herpes. They both sound horrible, but i guess there's not much i can do at this point.

A couple weeks ago, i had what i thought was a pimple, very close to my mouth. it was right above my lip, in the same place as my mustache basically. could that be what it was? i looked up some pictures on the internet of what herpes looks like, and what i find generally looks worse than what i had. i'm not sure.

is anyone on here knowledgeable on the subject?

is it possible to spread it to someone else if they drink after me, or share a fork, or maybe ... i dunno... i stick my fork in the spaghetti bowl or something...

how contagious is it? how careful do i have to be?

Seems like if i get a bunch of red bumps on my face, it will be embarrassing... idk what kind of excuse i would give people when they notice. i doubt i'd want to admit to everybody what it really is....

any help?
Good friends are hard to find, even harder to leave, and impossible to forget...

"I want to let go of this pain I've felt so long...

Erase all the pain 'till it's gone"

- Linkin Park, Somewhere I Belong

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: tested positive for Herpes Type I...

Post by CausticTears »

Herpes Type 1 is fairly common. It's usually called Herpes Type 1 or some people call it a cold sore.

It is very contagious. Any mouth to mouth contact will spread it. I'll give you some example of how you can easily spread it: sharing a drink, sharing a fork, kissing, touching your sore and touching a person's mouth (this can happen without you noticing, so wash your hand right after you touch your lip!).

Are you using Abreva? That's probably the best thing you can use to help heal your sore.

It usually takes like 6-12 days for the herpes infection to completely leave. It's not a huge deal, just don't touch your sore...and if you do, wash your hands. Other than that, just be conscious and don't share drinks and such.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
ftfomwairdiuyps
Loyal

Post by ftfomwairdiuyps »

i have a question, although i'm not sure if i can ask without being too graphic...

lets say i have oral herpes, and i give "oral negotiations" to a girl, followed by intercourse. is it possible to then give the herpes to her lower region, and back at me, so then i'll have oral and genital herpes?

Is it any more or less likely to spread the infection, during or (not during) an outbreak?
Good friends are hard to find, even harder to leave, and impossible to forget...

"I want to let go of this pain I've felt so long...

Erase all the pain 'till it's gone"

- Linkin Park, Somewhere I Belong

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

That's a definite no. Do not have oral sex when you have herpes on your lip. Do not. Oral herpes can easily spread to genital herpes during oral sex. Is it more likely to spread herpes during your outbreak.

In fact, that is the only time it will be contagious (when you actually have an outbreak)
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Keep in mind that with Herpes, you shed virus before an outbreak, so it is possible to spread the virus even if you do not have an active outbreak.
-Sam!