But my BF or GF is 'pretty' - and they 'love me' - so how could THEY be HIV POSITIVE?

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

But my BF or GF is 'pretty' - and they 'love me' - so how could THEY be HIV POSITIVE?

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

I hope you're OK.

AND I hope that you will FORVER BE OK!!

Shocking statistics:

- AIDS epidemic in black America is as severe as parts of Africa

- About half of the just over 1 million Americans living with HIV or AIDS are black

- AIDS is the LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH among black American women between the ages of 25 and 34 [Think about that for a minute]

- AIDS is the 2nd LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH among black men between the ages of 35 and 44 [And spend another minute thinking about that]

- In Washington D.C., more than 80% of HIV cases are among black people

- 'African Americans' represent approximately 8% of the U.S. population yet account for nearly HALF of those living with HIV or AIDS.

VERY SCARY STATISTICS!!

And you SHOULD BE SCARED!! We should ALL be scared!!

"But I'm not black!!"

"But I'm not even an American!!"

Don't kid yourself. Your LIFE depends on YOU taking EVERY precaution to make sure that YOU are as SAFE as YOU CAN BE!!

Take note of the subject line. ["But my BF or GF is 'pretty - and they love me - so how could THEY be HIV POSITIVE?!] You may have convinced yourself that 'pretty people' aren't HIV positive. OR that someone who 'loves you' couldn't possibly be HIV positive. OR that somehow - you would know - just by looking at them - whether or not they have been infected.

PLEASE OH PLEASE - if you are still under the impression that you can tell - somehow - then grow up - AND FAST!! AIDS is a horrible thing. I lost a friend to AIDS. It ain't pretty - believe me.

It scares me when I hear some people talk about sex. There is still far too little talk about being SAFE and doing our best to STAY SAFE. And that's a shame. In fact - it's a CRIME!! A crime against our potential - OUR FUTURE!!

So please. The next time you're thinking about having sex - ask yourself - "Is it worth the risk?" Sure - sex can be fun. But UNSAFE SEX is just STUPID!! Don't become a statistic. And don't fool yourself into thinking that it couldn't happen to YOU. It CAN happen to YOU. You CAN be infected with the HIV virus - just like anyone else.

"But doesn't being 'safe' take the 'fun' out of sex?"

"But I don't always know when the opportunity for sex is going to happen - and I don't want someone to leave me because I say NO!!"

I hope you ALL realize how silly those two thoughts are. [You DO don't you?]

Far too often we sell ourselves out for a moment of 'fun'. And for many people - that 'moment' takes from them the rest of their lives. Oh sure - many people with the HIV virus live productive lives. But I bet if you asked every one of them whether or not they'd like to go back in time and NOT do what caused them to become infected - I bet I know the answer. And I bet you do to.

So please - assume that EVERYONE IS INFECTED and do everything it takes to keep THEM from infecting YOU!!

"What am I supposed to do?"

"How can I keep myself safe?"

Well first off - the safest sex of all is NO SEX!! And that's a viable option. It's OK not to have sex!! It really is. But if you want to have sex - then adopt the following rule - and stick to it like glue.

NO CONDOM - NO SEX

It's as simple as that.

And that includes vaginal AND anal sex.

And if you don't know for SURE that the person you're about to have sex with isn't HIV positive - then use a condom for ORAL SEX - TOO!! That's right. ORAL SEX!! Keep in mind that I'm talking about your LIFE here. Not about whether or not giving a guy wearing a condom a blow job will 'feel funny'. OR whether or not you would feel 'uncomfortable' asking him to put one on. If HE doesn't like the idea of playing safe - then HE doesn't GET a blow job!! "But unless I have sex with him - he won't love me!!" YIKES!! That's a horrible reason for having sex. In fact - that's no reason at all. The moment someone uses the old, "If you love me you'll have sex with me" trick - hand them their hat and coat and show them the door.

SAFE SEX is about SELF RESPECT. NEVER let ANYONE use you for SEX!!

Now if you and your 'special someone' have been with each other for a long time [At least 6 months] and you have both been tested for the HIV virus - then MAYBE it would be safe not to use a condom - at least for the purposes of avoiding the HIV virus. But as we all know - there are other reasons for using a condom. For straight couples - not getting pregnant - is one reason. But there are other sexually transmitted diseases out there that we have to be careful about too. So basically - always use a condom. [At least for vaginal and anal sex]

Sorry for going on and on. But it would break my heart to know that some of you - any of you - acquired the HIV virus because you didn't know any better. Now is the time for you to know better!!

Take care of yourselves.

And remember....

If the little fella isn't wearing a rain coat - he's not allowed to go out and play!!

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)