Double Standard

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

faith
Veteran

Double Standard

Post by faith »

why is it that guys can sleep w/ how many ever ppl they want and be labled a pimp but if girls sleep w/ alot of guys then there labled as s**t. was up w/ that?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Re: Double Standard

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

Work it out for yourself. It's not hard.
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

I don't know, I've slept with less people then quite a few girls I know and my girlie is callin me a man-w*re.

Mainly throughout history women weren't supposed to have multiple partners. It was acceptable for men to sleep with multiple women, those standards are fading away but they're still around.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
The Brillo Pad of Agony
Veteran

Post by The Brillo Pad of Agony »

I don't think they're fading away at all. If they are, it's only slight.
<span style=\'color:red\'~*=I AM WANT TO DIE=*~
FryGuy
Veteran

Post by FryGuy »

I didn't say it was a huge change, but it is changing a little.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" ~Plato

.533K:

"One death is a tragedy,

One million deaths is a statistic" ~Joseph Stalin
aesgoddess13
Loyal

Post by aesgoddess13 »

it's b/c guys are 'supposed' to be the wild ones and the girls are 'supposed' to be small, fragile and suppress their sexual feelings. a lot of people still fell that way. but sometimes girls are called s**ts b/c the other girls are jealous. i think it's a buunch of BS. :wacko:
In the end, nothing else matters...except lust.

I am beautiful...or so I'm told!
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

I agree what people have said. I think it is quite unfair...but I don't really care how people perceive me - Yes I'm young and Yes I do enjoy sex (too much infact) but theres only so many years of unwrinkled sex ya can have. LOL :lol: Sorry my friend said that to me once and it made me laugh... :wub:

I believe that the body is there to be appreciated - so why not let someone appreciate? Both girls and guys bodies. Sex is fun - it should be shared and it is good for ya. :lol: :D

Anyways my thoughts. This is really crazy but I used to think that girls were called sluts more than guys cuz ya can tell if a girl sleeps around a lot and you can't with a guy. I mean a girl gets much looser if she has lots of sex....whereas a guy gets nothing. Maybe I'm just weird for thinking like that. But that is why I thought girls were called sluts.... :blink:
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Women are meant to be submissive and basically un-sexual. Considering this attitude has been around FOREVER (well, almost) it's only been a v.v.short time since that attitude is beginning to change a little. I say screw the victorian standards and go have sex. Who cares what people think? They're just jealous cos they aint getting any ;)
I wish I were a spy.
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

ive slept with 3 people and i get called a s**t!! and i know guys that have slept with over liek 20 people and there friends congratulate them for that!!! :ranting: :wallbash: :ranting: :wallbash: :ranting: :wallbash: that really pisses the hell out of me..but anyways enuff about that lol...i dunno why they do that..but it definatly needs to change.......*thinks for a moment* we should go on strike!!! :woot: no no that wouldnt be a good idea would it :( lol
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Society and gender roles dictate that women should be the mothers, the care givers.. the innocent ones. Therefore, they are seen as UNPURE if they spread their legs for anybody but their HUSBAND.

This attitude had better change fast, we need to introduce into our culture the concept of a MALE s**t!

lol

Girls - call those guys sluts!!
Dave875d
Loyal

Post by Dave875d »

I'm getting kinda tired of hearing this question. All the new teenhelp ppl don't spend a few minutes to read old posts.... instead they become a member and start asking questions right away. Now I see how that helps them which is TH's purpose, but it does get annoying for us longstanding members.

To your question:

Guys associate mostly with guys, and girls with girls. Guys don't find female funtime activities to be amusing and vice versa(these are just generalizations). Anyway, guys, as a general rule, think it's cool to have sex. So.... naturally al of their guy friends will make him feel good about having sex with multiple people. Also keep in mind, the guys will brag about the girl too if she was good..... which causes his friends to try and go after her too. It makes them have another object to chase after if you will. For girls though, girls usually attach something more emotional and sacred to sex therefore validating the point that girls don't approve of sex with many people. Ergo.... those girls who do have sex with many ppl are labeled as sluts.
"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."

James Thurber

"Little things affect little minds."

Disraeli, The Two Nations [1845]

"Those who are willing to trade their liberty for security deserve neither."

--Benjamin Franklin
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

i think that people have basically said all that really needs to be said on this particular subject, so im not going to drag it out and repeat what others have put so well already

but i am going to point out that we have double standards from our previous generations. they have been instilled in us by our parents, (or our friends, who had it instilled in them by their parents), so if we truly have a problem with it, why dont we stand up and do something about it? like, try to change and supress it so that it does not spread into further generations? and im not just talking about this double standard, im talking about all double standards!
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

I dunno, the whole sex is fun thing kinda disgusts me. No strangers for me :huh:

And erm, a guy can be as much of a slut as a girl, it isn't gender specific to me.