Why Must Life Be So Freakin Hard?

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

beyondyou64
Loyal

Why Must Life Be So Freakin Hard?

Post by beyondyou64 »

I'm getting somewhat tired of hiding the true me. I just want to act like I'm not hiding anything. But how can one do this with parents who don't accept the lifestyle of Homosexauls, a brother who is homophoic and friends who make jokes about them? I just want to be free to openly tell everyone that I'm different but I know I can't. Why must life be so freakin hard?
My nick name is Oscar, Oscar the Grouch!!!

Don't hate me because I'm different. Hate yourself for not accepting me.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because your all the same.

If you don't like me thats your problem!

Unseen They Suffer

Unheard They Cry

In Agony They Linger

In Loneliness They Die! Stand up for the animals. Help fight for their right!!
snoop83
Loyal

Re: Why Must Life Be So Freakin Hard?

Post by snoop83 »

its gonna be hard but u just can't let yoru parents or your brother get to you. they have to face the fact that you are who you are
WAR... THE ONLY WAY TO PEACE... I DON'T FALL FOR THAT

"Maybe I'm crazy but laughing out loud makes the pain pass by."

"Fools are we if hates the gate to peace"

"There are bad times but that's ok..just look for the love in it"

"9 planets areound the sun, only does the sum imbrace, upon this watered one, so much we take for granted"

"We'll fight back the pain with love"
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

-Sam!
little-lost-one
Loyal

Post by little-lost-one »

You shouldn't have to hide the real you. No one should be under the pressure of conforming to society's het standards. Sure, it will not be easy, but you can't let what you parents belive get to you. If they truly love and care about you, then they should accept who you are, not shun it. Your brother is wrong----

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY.

If you love you're own gender, what's wrong with that? It's love, and if that is the way you swing, go for it.

Who's to say there is only one way to love? It's all love in the end, and if you are happy, that's all that matters. As for our friends, ask them to stop. Tell them you find it offensive. If they don't, ditch them. They aren't worth your time. If you have a good friend who you know will like you no matter what, tell them first. Then, calmly explain to your parents that you are gay--- AND DAMN PROUD.

If the going gets rough, you'll have a friend to turn to, and maybe go to his or her's house for a night or two to let things at home calm down.

Yeah, it sucks to have to hide the true you, but you don't have to come out all at once. Start slowly, and you'll get there.

Yah, life can be really freaken hard----

That's why we are all here to help!!! B)

Good luck and lot's of love, :luck:

Emily
"But tommorow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain."

"Car? What ca-"

Chocolate is a vegetable. Chocholate is made from the caco bean. Bean=Vegetable.
how_soon_is_now
Loyal

Post by how_soon_is_now »

I'm getting somewhat tired of hiding the true me. I just want to act like I'm not hiding anything. But how can one do this with parents who don't accept the lifestyle of Homosexauls, a brother who is homophoic and friends who make jokes about them? I just want to be free to openly tell everyone that I'm different but I know I can't. Why must life be so freakin hard?
Tell them, your friends and family may respond differently when they find out it's you. The may appear to be homophobic because they haven't been confronted directly by homosexaulity, or don't understand it somewhat. Let the real you out!
You shut your mouth

How dare you say

I go about things the wrong way

I am human and I need to be loved

Just like everybody else does

There's a club if you'd like to go you

Could meet somebody who really loves you So you go, and you stand on your own and

You leave on your own and you go home,

And you cry and you want to die.

When you say it's gonna happen "now",

When exactly do you mean? see

I've already

Waited too long and

All my hope is gone

You shut your mouth

How dare you say

I go about things the wrong way.

Reverse yourself ~ Reverse Logic
Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino »

Have you told anyone yet?

For me, telling one person makes a lot of differences. Makes me feel much better afterwards. Maybe you can start by telling some of your friends (that you trust) before telling your family. I believe that most ppl find it harder to tell their family.
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
Crazy Bird
Veteran

Post by Crazy Bird »

beyondyou64 - That must be tough...and I'm sorry for what you have to do. But trust me - it will get better.

Before I came out about being bisexual to everyone - my family used to call shit out of bi's and lesbians/gays. Saying they were retards and that. It was horrible - listening to them and thinking "is that what they will think of me if they found out" but they never.

I truly believe people judge and critisize things that they do not understand. And until I came out about being bisexual I don't think my family did understand. I kinda helped them and now they are so comfortable around me - they accept me and it is great to be open with my sexuality.

It is quite easy for me because EVERYONE who knows me will know I am bisexual - Not that I brag or anything. Around here news spreads faster that hot butter. But almost everyone is nice to me and accepting. Plus other people dare be open about their sexuality after I came out - like some of my friends came out too. Which I thought was great - I wasn't alone like I had thought I was. :)

Yes there may be some people who are not-accepting and bitchy - I still get that today. But you just have to ignore them. They are pathetic and low lifes if they have time to spend time to critisize what gender you fancy. LOL Just think to yourself when someone says anything that surely they should have something better to do...I mean if they are so great they wouldn't have to waste their time judging people? :lol:

Anyways don't worry about it. You are NOT alone feeling like this. I am certain others do.

When you are 100% certain about your sexuality and you WANT to come out to everyone then why not just sit everyone down that you want to tell, and just be honest with them. I am sure they wont react half as bad as you think.

Trust me - it is shocking to see how comfortable and understanding the people you thought wouldn't have been, are! ;)

Good luck sweetie and feel better soon!

~ Keli xxx
~ Tell me all your problems & I'll try my best to kiss them all away ~

Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well who am I to keep you down

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound

Of your loneliness

Like a heartbeat drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Well It's only me that wants to wrap around your dreams

I love you...
tragedysfaerie
Loyal

Post by tragedysfaerie »

i agree with everyone else that is it hard to come out to your family, especiallly when they are homophobic. But I found out that it goes much easier if you tell them, and be secure about it when you do. I've found that people will eccept you more willingly if you accept yourself. When my parents first found out they were horrible about it and thought i was possessed by the devil and what not. I wouldnt talk to them about it, and then I just stopped talking to them all together. Finally my mom realized that if she didn't accept me for who I was that she was gonna lose me for good. We get along much better now. My dad was not so accepting, and we don't talk anymore, but i just figure it's his loss. My sister and her friends were also very homophobic and always making jokes and stuff but after I told my sister and she told her friends, they all tried to be more understanding. Most people that are homophobic have never been close to a gay person before, and once they realize that we're still the same people we just love differently, they usually turn around. I wish you luck. *hugs*
"I'm not feeling so bold

Can't you see I don't want to grow old

And my photograph's an epitaph of parody

I don't want to be me

I'm not feeling so sure

It would help if you offered a cure

If I wait, it's too late for the remedy

I don't want to be me

You won't save me

Cuz I'm not the fortunate one

So don't blame me

If I decide to go hide or instead to just run"

~Amanda Clemens
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

I think you should be open. If they say you're going through a phase and such, then they're just denying it and it WILL take them a while. They WILL pull through though. If they don't in time, then they just can't realize you're still you. I donno. It turned out okay with me and I think my dad, by my perspective, is a little homophobic. (Not sure) And I'm bi, but he kinda still does treat me the same. Make them notice you're still you and there's nothing wrong with being what a lot of society is. Be you. It gets tiring holding back, I know. You just feel like you when you're out. It may not always turn out to be the greatest thing, but you'll find your real friends and the people that make fun of you, I found some are just insecure about their own sexuality. Do what YOU feel is right. That's all that really matters. Good luck! :)
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

true
Loyal

Post by true »

That's life. . .

"It's better to be hated for who you are than liked for who you're not."

Always remember to be true to yourself, and the rest will follow. "Friends are like the stars in the sky: you can't always see them, but you know they're always there."

And always remember: things always get better. Things always look better in the morning. Start every day with a clean slate. Live with no regrets.

LOVE!!!
GrasshopperGirl
Loyal

Post by GrasshopperGirl »

Go to college. It's so much easier in college. If you're not old enough for that...well then i can't help you. Look forward to college. :)
My semi-secret journal

"Look back again at the pale blue dot above. Take a good long look at it. Stare at the dot for any long length of time and try to convince yourself that God created the whole Universe for one of the 10 million or so species (Humans) of life that inhabit that speck of dust. Now take it a step farther: Imagine that everything was made for a single shade of that species, or gender, or ethnic or religious subdivision. If this doesn't strike you as unlikely, pick another dot. Imagine it to be inhabited by a different form of intelligent life. They, too, cherish the notion of a God who has created everything for their benefit. How seriously would you take their claim?"

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by beyondyou64@Aug 6 2003, 10:55 AM

omg...this is completly exactly what my life is!!!!!!!!

i am a 15 yr. old male who has been hiding it for 2 yrs. i have known and pretending to be straight is soo hard...i mean do i say something, or don't i...i hate lieing and saying "Ohh, shes hott" is soo wrong!! i mean i like men!! men!! men!!

but why can't i say that outload!?!?

so, just to tell you that if you want to say something then say something, but it will change your life...i mean your parents will think something eles...

but you will have to come out some time...i personally think i am going to wait till i am in college, because i won't be living with her (mom) and i will feel alot better because i have a place to "hid"...

so wait till then, if you can
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

well...my life was pretty much like that ...and I had to come out to someone and I started telling my best friends..they were all supporting. My best friend is a guy right now, and his gf use to be my best friend but she still doesnt accept me quite for who I am and its been a while now... its weird, its hard but not everyone will accept you..or me..or every other gay lesbian people

All I can say, if you do tell certain people, friends, family..some are gonna accept you which will be awesome..others wont. But there's nothing they can do about it... you are who you want to be and they just have to live with it.

good luck