What's Your Story?

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Mike8
Loyal

What's Your Story?

Post by Mike8 »

Hi everybody. Last night I came out to my parents and sister and I thought I might share their reactions.

When I first told my mom, she almost cried but then she calmed down in about 15 seconds. She feels like I'm not going to go to heaven because of my sexual orientation and wants me to change.

My sister, who I'm really close to, stuck up for me saying that I was born this way and that niether me nor my parents could change it. (Thanks sis)

My dad didn't seem to care at all, but I did say in another topic that he rarely communicates his thoughts or feelings. However, I believe that his loving smile was genuine.

They all just kept saying how much they loved me, though my mom was begging me to read the bible and live a celibate life.

So that's my story, what about your's?
I'm gay and proud of it, Thank you very much!

-"I'm not here to please people, I am who I am and I won't change for anybody" - Me

-"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

-"If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right" - Unknown

FIGHT HOMOPHOBIA!!!
Saren
Veteran

Re: What's Your Story?

Post by Saren »

I haven't exactly found out my sexual orientation yet, but I'm on my way there. I'm bisexual, and the way I came out was when my sister Dawn was doing my hair. She was mentioning something about being bisexual, and I told her I was. My heart had beat really fast and I didn't know if I was doing the right thing, but a while after us talking about it, it was all right. I was glad and now I can feel I can talk to her about anything.

Then my mom found out a few months later by Dawn because she said "it just came out." But my mom says she doesn't care who I'm attracted to because I can love whoever I want. She says that she loves me no matter what because it doesn't make me a different person from who I was before.

My dad doesn't do anything. He doesn't really mention it. A couple times he did when he was being a little rude, but that's it. Then everyone else in my family knows because of me saying that I had a girlfriend and that we were find together.

Now I'm trying to figure myself out. I don't know if I'm bisexual or lesbian. But I know the answer will come to me sometime. Probably 80 % attraction for girls 20% attraction for guys. :-/

When my friends found out, they seemed a little shocked but now they deal because I kinda still have the same friends. One of em asks what it's like liking the same sex but I just tell her I feel like me and that's it. I'm no different and you just feel like yourself.
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Mike8
Loyal

Post by Mike8 »

Originally posted by Antha@Oct 6 2003, 06:04 AM

I kinda still have the same friends. One of em asks what it's like liking the same sex but I just tell her I feel like me and that's it. I'm no different and you just feel like yourself.

I absolutely HATE it when someone asks what it's like! I don't get how they think it's any different from the way they like the opposite sex. :furious:
I'm gay and proud of it, Thank you very much!

-"I'm not here to please people, I am who I am and I won't change for anybody" - Me

-"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

-"If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right" - Unknown

FIGHT HOMOPHOBIA!!!
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

LoL, I know Mike8. I was kind of surprised by the question. You're still yourself. I mean, we're as unique as anyone else. We're no different. I didn't know what to exactly tell her. It's like..."aren't we the same as everyone else? Human..."
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

bi*moonpoet
Loyal

Post by bi*moonpoet »

ive only come out to 3 people the first one was my best friend she said she was cool with it but then later on i found out that she thought she wouldnt be able to act the same around me the second one was just a friend from school i decided to tell one day and her action suprised me she told me she was fine with it because she was bi too and the last person i told was my ex gf i didnt exactly tell her we both kind of found out by the making out thing that happened in my room . and also ive had people ask me some really wierd questions like the first person i told my best friend asked my what it was like kissing a girl because she just wanted to know and she wasnt planning on goining out and kissing a girl to find out. :huh:
You love who you love it's not 'loving different' it's 'loving' everyone does it.
MenaceToSociety
Loyal

Post by MenaceToSociety »

I've only come out to five people. The first one was a former friend of mine who I went to school with last year, and he's gay so his reaction to me being bi was completely casual. The second was a friend of mine who I still see occasionally who went to school with me last year and she, like me, is bi so she didn't really care (my only problem is that I'm crushin' on her). The third was my good friend, she has a lot of gay, les, bi friends so I knew she would be cool with it which she was. I'm deeply ashamed to say that the fourth was my best friend, that I kept it from her that long. She was cool with it, a little hurt that she was fourth (I couldn't lie to her and tell her that she was the first), but cool with it. She still fools around with me even, because she knows that I don't like her like that, that I'm not stupid enough to like my straight best friend. The fifth was a former friend of mine. This one was random. We were talking and she said, "well i know you're not a lesbo or anything," (yes she used the word lesbo. why that sounds so offensive to me i'm not sure but it does). So I said to her, "Well, actually I'm bisexual but..." her reaction was a bit ackward at first but then I said to her, "don't be ackward about it though, because I don't like you like that," and I think she's cool with it. She may or may not be but that's her choice and I really don't care. I just told her because the subject came up and I didn't feel like lying.
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

When I came out to my best friend ... she said "Its ok".

When I came out to one of my parents she said " I don't agree but I accept"

When I told my best guy friends "that's cool.."

My dad was also trying to make me read the bible again and trying to make me go to church... but this is who I am now

~one~