Hello World

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Hello World

Post by oneforthemoney »

I came out to my dad.

This is what was said.

"I believe homosexuality is a sin, and always will. It's the work of satan, the Bible says its wrong. I will never accept homosexuality. I will never allow you to bring a girl into this house, marry a girl or have sex with one (too late lol)"

"You can push me away, neglect me or write me off as a father"

"You can be mad, but this is what I say to you homos are gonna burn in hell and die when judgement day comes"

Okay so this is my reaction:

1. I'm not attracted ...sexually or physically to men.

2. I find comfort in girls, I love their companionship.

3. I know it's wrong, but I can't help it.

4. I will not neglect you or write you off - I still love you even if you don't accept me.

They went to bed without saying good night. I havent heard or seen either one of them all day.

This is what he suggested:

1. You need help, you are possessed by satan. Homosexuality is not normal.

2. You should not have gay friends, or be in a gay atmosphere.

3. You should not watch gay orientated films/shows. etc.

4. You will be able to become straight if you cancel all this out.

So I told him I dont wanna live my life without anyone in oder to go to Heaven.

So he said "Life is about doing it for God, and if that means being unhappy...then so be it"...yeah then i'd probably end my life before that (suicide is a sin too)

I want to be fucking happy. My mom said that's what she wants for me and she'll support me ...maybe not accept what I do - but she'll always want me in her house. And she turned and said that too my dad, but then he interrupted and she she's like "YOU let me talk now..you had your turn, so shutup"...

So I was like "SCORE"...lol

I'm afraid of my dad and I always will be, but I accept that he won't like me for the longest time,...he says I don't make an effort to love him or whatever...so I said: "I havent gotten any fucking love from you in a week, I'm not the one that has to make everyone happy - I'm your child....you can come to me too and you haven't done that in 7 years."

That's it....this is too painful for me to go on.

Main thing is, university starts this week and I'm 7-10 hours away from them. I'm not moving back. I leave tomorrow - this is it. The end.

I'm out - and I like it.

One
twofortheshow
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Re: Hello World

Post by twofortheshow »

Wow.. All i can really say is im proud of you. Not only for doing what you did .But for standing your ground. I can imagine just how hard it mustve been. I support you and will stand by you 110%. You know im here and i will remain here.

Take it easy
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Wow, that was impressive. I never would've had that courage. I'm really proud of you one, good luck in college. A couple of things though...

1) There is nothing wrong with homosexuality. You made the statement "I know it's wrong..." and I wholeheartedly disagree with that.

2) I believe your mother will support you being a lesbian eventually, but that took a lot for her to accept you right away. She sounds like a great mother and someone that you will, eventually, be able to rely on. You may even get the support of your dad eventually, with the help of your mom of course, but you'll have to give it time.

Good luck in school! :)

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
ballin24
Loyal

Post by ballin24 »

You and your Dads rlatioship reminds me of me and my dads relationship.... But Its also good that your going to college It will give your mom and especially Dad time to miss you..and when you do come hope they wont forget it but it might be a little different.

mal mal
The time traveling is too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe-women!!

Yeah i called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I dont know i wasnt really payin attention.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey babe,

Oh gosh sweetie. *hug* You have no idea how sorry I am for you. :( If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

I feel that it was in your best judgement to tell your parents. If that's how they chose to react...then, well, that was expected. That's the downfall of coming out - some people just won't accept you. I find it horrible that some families won't either.

Your step mother accepts you....and atleast you have some family support.

I'm so so proud that you had to courage to come out my dear. Congratulations.

On the bright side, you'll be in hell with me babe. And we can be posessed by satan together. Which means that we can have some REALLY hot sex in the future. :P

Take care darling.

I love you.

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. As for your mother, she'll accept you eventually. And perhaps she'll be able to change your father's point of view. If not...she'll be there for you. I've found that women just have this power over men..it's fantastic. :P
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Congrats one! :)

I knew you could do it! :)

I actually do like your timing...it gives them enough time to know you before you move out but not too much time that it could become bad...

And homosexuality is not a satan thing...your father will soon learn that...just give him time...

And hun, i am not you so i don't how your family thing is but just because your father doesn't accept whom you are doesn't mean that he doesn't internally love you...i mean he is your father...so you don't have to suclude him from all of your life...

But again congrats...bake your dad some cookies and watch a movie! :)

:hug:

~Jeff~
hopeless_
Loyal

Post by hopeless_ »

oh cool!!! congratulations one!!! wow that took a lot of guts and i am deeply impressed. Telling your parents is REALLY not easy!!! Wow, your mom sounds great, she is the one that will accept you before your dad will, but your dad will too eventually. But really, well done!!!! good luck in college and take care,

andy
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Hey babe! I'm so glad you came out! I understand where you wouldn't wanna continue and where it hurts. Just know that I'm here for you and can't wait for your e-mail back! Once you get situated at University, write me and tell me how you're hanging in there. It's not the reaction you'd want, but you feel better coming out, and your dad should see that even if that's one part he doesn't like about you, he'll have to push that aside and see he was wrong. Because you're an awesome girl.

Great job!

Love ya tons!

-Samantha
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

true
Loyal

Post by true »

Wow.

You must realize what a huge step you just took. Telling your dad is probably the hardest "coming out" you will ever need to do in your life, so congrats!

I am so amazed by you courage, inner strength, self-reliance, and compassion for your father even in times like these, when HE's writing YOU off as a daughter. You are now in the best part of life, when you're becoming YOURSELF, and no one else can change you!

I know how you feel with your dad, my mom's been emotionally unavailable to me for many many years, and it's been hard to accept the emptiness I will always feel in my heart where her love should be.

I totally look up to you for what you've done. You're amazing. And maybe someday they will accept you and attend PFLAG meetings, and maybe they never will. But the point is, your life doesn't depend on their reaction to you anymore, because you have yourself, you love yourself, and nothing else really matters. You have all the ingredients for a very happy life, so go live it!

And I also disagree with homosexuality being a sin- the real sin is not accepting ourselves and each other for who we are. Love is not a sin, hate is. I can tell, because when you do something sinful, it feels really shitty (and it's not a result of social pressures).

Again, you are my hero.

Love and Luck!!!

True