Serious Health Question

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

GrasshopperGirl
Loyal

Serious Health Question

Post by GrasshopperGirl »

This is really embarrassing for me to write about but that is what sites such as this one are for so here goes...

I'm 18 and my periods are still way out of wack. i hardly ever have them. and when i do, they're very very light.

the doctor said it could be because i my hormones aren't quite balanced yet. we havent seen the gynecologist yet, but i was told that i'd probably be put on provesa(?). extra female hormones.

now here's my concern...

will this hormone change affect the way i feel about girls? in other words, will taking away some of the male hormones make me quit liking girls, since that's naturally a male thing. (yes, i kno there are gay animals and all but still...)

i'm one of the many people who is pretty sure that she's bi, but has never actually done anything with a girl cuz i live in a conservative midwestern town.

if anyone has any idea on this one or knows where i can go to find out without having to tell a doctor that i've had non-straight thoughts it would be much appreciated! :wacko:
My semi-secret journal

"Look back again at the pale blue dot above. Take a good long look at it. Stare at the dot for any long length of time and try to convince yourself that God created the whole Universe for one of the 10 million or so species (Humans) of life that inhabit that speck of dust. Now take it a step farther: Imagine that everything was made for a single shade of that species, or gender, or ethnic or religious subdivision. If this doesn't strike you as unlikely, pick another dot. Imagine it to be inhabited by a different form of intelligent life. They, too, cherish the notion of a God who has created everything for their benefit. How seriously would you take their claim?"

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot.
Queergrrl
Loyal

Re: Serious Health Question

Post by Queergrrl »

I doubt it will change anything. Just talk to you doctor.
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

http://www.cap.gov
GrasshopperGirl
Loyal

That's the point...i don't want to talk to my doctor about it because the doctor i had this conversation with was the endocrynologist, i don't know him at all and will probably never see him again. besides, is it even possible to just call up your doctor and talk to them on the phone? i'd really rather not do that either cuz i dont want my mom to find out.

theres gotta be another way to find out
My semi-secret journal

"Look back again at the pale blue dot above. Take a good long look at it. Stare at the dot for any long length of time and try to convince yourself that God created the whole Universe for one of the 10 million or so species (Humans) of life that inhabit that speck of dust. Now take it a step farther: Imagine that everything was made for a single shade of that species, or gender, or ethnic or religious subdivision. If this doesn't strike you as unlikely, pick another dot. Imagine it to be inhabited by a different form of intelligent life. They, too, cherish the notion of a God who has created everything for their benefit. How seriously would you take their claim?"

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

It's not how much of what hormone you have in you that determines your sexual preference. Otherwise homosexuality would become just a little glitch with a hormone imbalance, and we all know that's not what it is. So no don't worry :)
I wish I were a spy.
Theebee
Loyal

Post by Theebee »

It's not how much of what hormone you have in you that determines your sexual preference

exactly. if you're bi or gay, you were born that way. i'm a lesbian and my hormones are at a very normal level. plus there are many VERY masculine gay men with normal to high levels of testoterone levels (there have been tests)... and with the logic that being atracted to girls means you have high testosterone these men would not exist... so don't worry about it, what should worry you is your health above all else :)
The Laws of God, the laws of man,

He may keep that will and can;

Not I: let God and man decree

Laws for themselves and not for me;

And if my ways are not as theirs

Let them mind their own affairs.

Their deeds I judge and much condemn

Yet when did I make laws for them?

Please yourselves, say I, and they

Need only look the other way.

But no, they will not; they must still

Wrest their neighbour to their will.

- A.E. Housman
GrasshopperGirl
Loyal

Great! Thanks guys!
My semi-secret journal