I've Been Away For A Week.....

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Jake
Loyal

I've Been Away For A Week.....

Post by Jake »

Well, now I'll post it (sorry it took me a while) :)

About a week ago, I was talking to my mother, and somehow the conversation had turned to my ex "girlfriends" (her words, not mine). Anyways, somehow, I slipped the fact that I recently broke up with my boyfriend, and we got into a large, and rather long argument.

My mom has been denying the fact that I am gay ever since about two years ago when I tried to tell her. In her mind, she did not know I was gay much less that I had a boyfriend without her knowing......

SO: Needless to say, the night of fighting ended with my mom slamming her door and not comming out of her room the entire night.

The next day, when I get home from school, I found my mom starting to disassemble my computer. We got into another fight as I asked her why the hell she was taking it apart, and she told me that I would never be allowed to touch a computer again in "her house" because the "people on the internet influece" me......I was able to come online and post some rather brief goodbyes and then my mother came in and finished her removal of the computer.

For nearly a week my mom avoided talking to me as much as possable, and I avoided talking to her too as I was afraid that if I talked to her I'd end up hitting her. As I was getting ready for school one day, she had the balls to ask me "Why do you always try to hurt me?".....Hearing these words made my blood boil, and I started yelling at her bad.

I screamed at her, calling her a selfish bitch for thinking that I was going through all that pain and suffering for so many years to hurt her......expecially after I have always considered her one of the best people I would ever know. She made me want to barf and to me: she was the most self centered person in the world.

Then, a few seconds after I had finished screaming my lungs off at her, I saw my mom cry for the first time. Through her sobs I heard her saying how she was a horrable mother, and that it's her fault that I "turned out this way".

At this, I broke down crying also and explained to her that who I love is not her fault, as only God can chose that. I helped her to try and understand what I've gone through for the past few years, and finally after the tears were gone, she had learned to accept me for being gay.

Well, after all that, my mother knows I'm gay. And even though she is not 100% used to the thought that her little boy likes boys: she is getting there.

Since I yelledat her, every time I try to talk to her I get the feeling that she doesn't know how to act around me. Everytime we talk, I feel like she's treating me like a different person than my normal self now that I'm gay.......Even though this does feel wierd, and we aren't having the same conversations as we used to, I hope that things will become normal, and maybe this event will some day bring us even closer together than ever before.

I love my mom and she loves me.......It just takes some time and a little effort to make make sure she loves me for the real me.....You know? :)
girlyluvR4life
Loyal

Re: I've Been Away For A Week.....

Post by girlyluvR4life »

awww! i hope you can get back to this as soon as possible! i want to ensure that everything is ok! i dont have the slightest idea what is going on or nething, but whatever it is, i hope your ok! hopefully, your sexuliaty hasnt gotten you into anything bad!
I'm a gardener of TWO KINDS baby ;)

someone PLEASE knock a hole n my head, i can't wait to kiss this "life" goodbye.
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

Hey! I'm gonna check back on this one because I'm interested in knowing. So I can help in anyway needed. I just hope it's nothing really bad, but if it is, I'd be more than happy to try and help.

-Samantha- :rolleyes:
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

Originally posted by PunkInTooDeep@Apr 9 2003, 06:06 PM

Hey! I'm gonna check back on this one because I'm interested in knowing. So I can help in anyway needed. I just hope it's nothing really bad, but if it is, I'd be more than happy to try and help.

im interested to!

jake you have to tell us!
my 2 cents.....
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Jake my friend,

Welcome back, and I hope you can share with us so we can help you. You are also very welcome to Pm, email, aim, or msn me bro!!!! Ya got all my info, and if ya lost it, you can find in here on TH.

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

well he is online but he hasent posted yet......................
my 2 cents.....
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

Post updated......Sorry that I'm lazy :D
-Jacob Wilson
Evan
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Evan »

congratlations im glad it turned out ok.
my 2 cents.....
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Hey Jakey. I'm glad to see that things have turned out ok for you (more or less). Good to have you back. You've been missed!

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
bluegray
Loyal

Post by bluegray »

Welcome back for the time being. I hope that things work out for you in the end. Keep us posted.

GOD bless,

bluegray
Saren
Veteran

Post by Saren »

That's so awesome that it turned out to be better for you! If that ever did happen to me, then I'd sure be angry and upset. I mean, like I've told a few other people, I'm thinking that I might be lesbian but I'm not so sure. All I know for now is I'm bisexual and that's what I'm sticking with until I fully figure things out. My dad would be less in understanding. My mother would TOTALLY respect it since she already knows I'm bi and she says she could care less on WHO I like and stuff like that. She's 100% too. :D She's comfortable around me but I sometimes figure my dad thinks either way I'm confused unless I like guys... <_< But for now, I'm really happy things turned out better for you and that's a happy ending come true. :D Feel free to PMing me or IMing me on AOL (AIM whichever you wanna call it! lolz) to talk to me about stuff. I'd love to talk to you and get to know you. Oh yes, to keep me updated on things too!! (I hope you don't mind that I added you to my AOL buddy list) :unsure:

<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."