I Dont Get Why People Being Gay Is A Big Deal.

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

popsicle
Loyal

I Dont Get Why People Being Gay Is A Big Deal.

Post by popsicle »

i really dont get it.

why is people being gay such a big deal?

i moved 2 1/2 years ago and when people around here find out my best friend is gay they freak out.

so he lives with a guy and they have sex.

big deal?

im not a lesbian.

but i dont not like lesbians.

ive been hit on by girls before and im just like, i dont really like vaginas.

but i dont freak out or anything.

who cares?

how does someone else being attracted to someone of the same sex affect you?

if they mistakenly come on to you just say no thanks.

it just doesnt makes sense to me.

-sicle

oh yeah, hopefully this wont offend anyone cause its just for humor, but i dont think gods a woman. because if he was than he would have to have impregnanted mary and hed be a lesbian. and thats a sin right?
advice: if you find a town that looks deserted, it's probably for a good reason. take the hint and stay away.

advice: when it appears that you ahve killed the monster, never check to see if it's really dead.

advice: never say, "who's there?" it's a death wish.

Saren
Veteran

Re: I Dont Get Why People Being Gay Is A Big Deal.

Post by Saren »

Some people have been brought up differently. I just think they should learn to deal with it, whether they like it or not. So they won't have to interfere with anyone else's life. Doesn't matter if you're straight, gay, bisexual. Everyone's got their own preference, and it isn't just in gender either. Why stick your nose where it doesn't belong and say where it is wrong?

As for the religious part, I'm keeping out of serious detailed discussion. (As it isn't very appropriate : P )
<3

My beautiful baby girl

Autumn E. R-K.

Born on: February 26th, 2007

<3

----------------------

"Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief."

Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Good for them. If they're gay, they're gay. No one's right to judge. I wouldn't want them to judge me for being straight...
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

eh well at the same time you'd have say people have a right to their own opinion, regardless whether it's righeous or not, I mean idealy yes it'd be nice if people were just so accepting but at the same time that's not the way it is. This might eventaully brush on over, I mean society has become much more receptive to gays than so has in the past, with the minor exception of ancient Athens, I'm pretty sure they were practically the only ancient society that accepted gay relationships as a norm. But as I was saying, people have an opinion and opinion is subject to change and we really force people to do something that they don't think is right, I accept that some people don't like gays and that there are gay people I got no problem with gay people I got like 6 gay friends, albeit I poke fun at them and ask them awkward questions (though so many times that at this point they don't even look at me lol) and it's always good natured fun. But yeah people are entitled to opinions beliefs and ideas, can't expect everyone to conform to whatever we say
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
popsicle
Loyal

Post by popsicle »

i know everyone has their own opinions.

i think its great.

but why do people have to attack people because their gay?

they dont have to agree, but isnt it wrong to judge and ridicule?

i hate that my best friend has had to deal with horrable people for so long.

and that he does everyday.

it makes me sad.
advice: if you find a town that looks deserted, it's probably for a good reason. take the hint and stay away.

advice: when it appears that you ahve killed the monster, never check to see if it's really dead.

advice: never say, "who's there?" it's a death wish.

Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Well, opinions, as already stated, will eventually change. For those who lash out at poeple who are gay - well then I find that really rediculous.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

I really can't explain WHY, it's just automatic. The easist way to explain it is it's like having your brother hit on you. You know it's REALLY wrong, but when break it down and disect it, you really don't know why it's wrong, ya know? it just is.
sinical_sycology
Loyal

ooooh I see, I thought you meant everyone should just accept gays and stop thinking it's wrong. Well then yes in the situation in which your ideas can be detrimental to another human being then it's wrong. For example you can hate asian people and I wouldn't care, however if you ridicule and openly attack asian people (this can go anywhere from public humiliation to physically hurting people). But at the same time I can't say I disagree with people expressing a dislike to gay people. Know what I mean, like you can hate gay people and tell people you hate gays but if you were to verbally attack gays and cause damage then it's wrong
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki »

there are still people that think that black-skinned are a lower race...

I mean, ther are a lot of things you'll never get to understand in this world
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

[/b]

yeah that is true, and it is sad...

class is based on three aspects: income, occupation, and education (with education being the most important) - it never says "ethnicity" or "race" or "lifestyle"

~Jeff~
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

people are afraid of what they don't understand, and like was mentioned, some people were just brought up with the predjuidce.......brought up getting taught that homosexuality is wrong.....thats not my belief, my belief is that you can love whoever you want to love.........we are all people when we get down to it, nothing more, and nothing less. But not everybody has that kind of understanding.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
sinical_sycology
Loyal

[/b]

yeah that is true, and it is sad...

class is based on three aspects: income, occupation, and education (with education being the most important) - it never says "ethnicity" or "race" or "lifestyle"

~Jeff~

[/b][/quote]

Good point there about the class issue but again the race card rears it's ugly head. True education, income and occupation determine class, but what people look at is how many hispanics/latinos have this occupation and have this income and this level of education. Asian people are this, that , and there. Regardless of how social class may be explained the race card will always play it's hand, I don't think it'll ever go away and I go to the extent to believe that in a sense we are all to some degree for the lack of a better term, racist. Not racist in that we hate certain groups of people but that we often find ourselves more comfortable when we are in a group of a race common with ours. The degrees may vary from very high to extremely low to the point we don't even notice. But that's just my belief and it's just one of millions.

What I'm really just saying though is, yeah those three things you noted might determine our class and not our enthinicity but what we start to look at is what percentage of what ethnic group has a high or low level of education/income or occupation and hence comes the prejudice. And I don't think prejudice should be put in the same light as racism unless the person intentionally does it to put other people down. Sometimes I prejudge people, it's not intentional and it's not me being racist but just based on what I've seen I make observations and specualtions and from those I create assumptions, they may be false but at times I may be right. If I met 99 black men and they all had a college level education and were doctors, professors, or teachers, come the 100th black man I'd assume that he too was the same as the last 99 people I met, I may be wrong but again it's an assumption and I don't blurt it out, but I take a guess in my head, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong

angel88
Dedicated

Post by angel88 »

i really dont get it.

why is people being gay such a big deal?

i moved 2 1/2 years ago and when people around here find out my best friend is gay they freak out.

so he lives with a guy and they have sex.

big deal?

im not a lesbian.

but i dont not like lesbians.

ive been hit on by girls before and im just like, i dont really like vaginas.

but i dont freak out or anything.

who cares?

how does someone else being attracted to someone of the same sex affect you?

if they mistakenly come on to you just say no thanks.

it just doesnt makes sense to me.

-sicle

oh yeah, hopefully this wont offend anyone cause its just for humor, but i dont think gods a woman. because if he was than he would have to have impregnanted mary and hed be a lesbian. and thats a sin right?

[/b]
You feel very strongly about that topic. Well, it is a big deal to some ppls only because of the way that they were raised. Everyone wasn't raised like you were treating everyone the same. Gays and Lesbians are a big thing in this world only because ppls don't understand. I have the same views that you have but you jus have to understand that you treat others the same, MOST ppls don't. . . remember that.