Transgender

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Transgender

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

I want to talk about the transgendered community and see what everyone else thinks of it too, because honestly it's something I think about alot. I bring it up with people I'm having conversations with, but since I live in small town Iowa, I've ever found anyone who's ever supported it.

I really salute those who are transgendered or want to be. I could never imagine what it's like wanting to desperately be the other sex and living everyday feeling trapped in my own body. I think they're the most fascinating, yet under appreciated or even acknowledge group I've ever known. You don't know how I cry when I watched people on tv cry when they talk about how happy they feel when they are finally given the body of the opposite sex.

It's sounds kind of funny that someone who has never wanted to be the opposite sex can feel so strongly attached to transgendered. Maybe it's because I've always seen them as the most deserving to be changed and the most harrassed for wanting to be changed.

Honestly, if I was rich, I would give money to those who wanted to have a sex change because they couldn't afford it otherwise. I really would.

There's a transgendered girl that lives here. Her name is Monique. She quit her job at a meat packing plant because she didnt want to deal with the people anymore. I get so angry when people talk about her, or use her as the punch lines for their jokes. I even flipped shit on my dad one time because he started talking about her at dinner.

Anyway, that's my take.

Anyone else?
Ingenuity
Loyal

Re: Transgender

Post by Ingenuity »

I completely agree with you. I watched this lifetime movie about a transgender person. In the end she was murdered, and I cried hysterically. I thought it was the saddest thing. She had been mascerading as a boy, and had a girlfriend, who found out that "he" was a girl. When the girlfriend was ok with it, I thought it was so sweet. She may have just been a lesbian though. Either way, that movie really effected me. I feel like other groups like homosexuals have way more people on there side. It makes me so happy to here someone else voice there support for this.

Anyways, I tend to be a really open minded person. I'm actually writing a research paper in support of incestuous couples for biology.
Save The Cows!
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

As we come to know more about how the brain works, we're starting to see more and more evidence that gender is biologically constructed, not socially as people have previously thought so I am a lot more understanding about transgenderism now that I know that. I don't entirely understand it, in all honesty it kind of weirds me out, but I would still stick up for them and all that jazz. It's a hard and unique life to live I'm sure, it's just something I don't think I can ever fully understand because I'm not transgendered.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

I have a question about being transgendered.

If your transgendered, or rather more generally, you feel like a man/woman trapped in a woman's/man's body, does that also mean that your homosexual or at least bi, or are the rules of sexuality just as random as with anyone else?

I just want to know if there's a connection, because to me, i don't see any connection. I've seen men become women but still remained married to their wife, but i've also seen men have sex changes but then get boyfriends.

I've only seen one woman get a sex change, but she had a girl friend, so I'm not sure about that one.
withlove405

Post by withlove405 »

Being transgender is something I have been struggling with. I have quite a few friends who are transgender, pre-op. I also know a few post-op transgender people. One thing that i
Luna

Post by Luna »

I've met several people who are ftm transgender, pre-surgery. One in particular does not want the surgery because he doesn't want to live with the scars on his chest. He's been in and out of several relationships with both cisgender and trans females. In the eyes of The Law, if he dates a cis woman or a ftm trans, it's considered homosexuality. Even if one or both parties have surgery, in some states I believe it's still considered homosexuality.

It really bothers me that trans get a bad rap for whatever reason. You have all these people standing up for the LGB community, and though they've tacked a "T" on the end of that title, many people don't accept them. They're people, too. Just because they associate themselves with the opposite gender, suddenly it's like they aren't human. Several families of friends I'm close to have brought up the subject in passing, talking about the "freaks" who can't live in their own bodies/genders/what have you. They say they do it for attention or because they want to date the opposite gender without being considered gay. Even several gays and lesbians I know are trans-phobes, for lack of a better term. I sort of want to shake them and go they are people just like you. I'm hoping some day in the near future they can be treated the same as all of us.
WammyChick
Dedicated

Post by WammyChick »

Seriously?! Gays have problems with them?! But... WE'RE IN THE SAME CLUB. What the hell do they think the "T" in LGBT stands for? Tacos?

I respect all trans people. It has to be difficult to live in a body you hate, yet be told by everyone that you're wrong to hate it.

Some would argue that "God doesn't make mistakes". Which is true. But biology DOES. All the time. Children are born with hearts on the outside of their bodies. With feet growing from their faces. But God gave doctors the ability to CHANGE that, so that they can grow to be happy, healthy people. God makes the  person INSIDE the giant meat-suit, not just the meat-suit itself.

Sorry if you're not religious. That's just my opinion.
What if everyone around decided to go skipping all across the town?

And what if they collided in the city streets

Held hands together and all looked up into the sky now?

PON PON Let it out, come on let the crazy show!

Because if you don't, life would be so dull you know?

<3PON PON PON <3