Sorta out and really confused

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

candela
Needs Another Hobby

Sorta out and really confused

Post by candela » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:46 pm

I know ive never posted this here before but I have recently come out to alot of my friends that I am bisexual. The problem im having is that i believe that sexuality is fluid, that there is a scale (Kinsey or something like that) now when i tell people im bi its because i truly believe that but my friends dont understand the scale. For example i currently lean much more towards female partners, and my friends will try to set me up with guys, even after i say no. and then they are like oh so you arent really bi your a lesbian.... extremely frustrating.... i dont kow how to explain it to them. Especially since they want me to start seeing someone becuase my ex really enjoys messing with my head. what the hell.

sorry, this is half a rant
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."

gidig
Loyal

Re: Sorta out and really confused

Post by gidig » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:04 am

Tell them you're perfectly fine finding partner's, if and when you want one, or find the right one for you. And that's their cue to back off. Explain to them you're not lesbian, nor are you straight. But just because you're not straight, doesn't mean all the sudden you want a relationship with everyone. And right now, as nice as you see it to be, you don't want their help right now.

If they don't catch that hint, maybe they're not exactly your friends. Sexuality is a huge part of life, and if they can't accept that, then they need to back off.

Lostinhersong
Loyal

Re: Sorta out and really confused

Post by Lostinhersong » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:19 am

I agree with gidig.

They need to back off, it seems. You'll find someone in due time. :)
"Excuse me while I go and have a 'geek-gasm' "- random guy at Comic-Con '07

Brittni: -rips pants off of me-

Me: HEY! I was wearing those!

Brittni: My pants...I therefore have the right to revoke your right of wearing them. I just acted upon my right, and flattened your right...

Me: Yeah...You're right.