Wanting To Tell People

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

RC123

Wanting To Tell People

Post by RC123 »

I am i bisexual 16 year old girl, and ive know that i have been bi since i was about 11 or so, but i haven't told any people this. None of my friends, none of my family. I'm afraid of what ppl will say. How should i tell them? Thanks.
kira18

Re: Wanting To Tell People

Post by kira18 »

I know where youre coming from. I came out as a lesbian three years ago, when I was 13. It's a really difficult thing to do, but it is absolutely necessary. You can't put it off. You'll get a lot of grief for it. People, especially kids, will bully you and harass you about it. But you'll feel so much better about yourself, and, hey, maybe you'll even meet a nice girl if you come out!

I don't know your family situation, but I would pick a casual setting to tell your parents. Maybe in the car, while watching TV at home, or even at dinner. Just don't make a big deal out of it. If you do, so will they. You could kickstart the conversation with something like "So, there's something I need to tell you guys, and I need you to really listen." Then tell them that you're bisexual, and that it's not just a phase. Answer their questions honestly. And, trust me, they will have questions. Good luck! Have confidence!

Let me know how this goes for you!

-Erin.