Bisexuality

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Luna

Bisexuality

Post by Luna »

I have publicly identified myself as a straight demisexual for a while now. However, within the past few years I've begun to realize I've veered towards the bisexual end of the spectrum, with a preference towards males. (Myself being a female.) I've stayed in the closet for a while, and one night I finally told my boyfriend about it.

Luckily for me, he's not the typical boneheaded guy. He didn't want to see me make out with another girl or have a threesome. He was actually a little confused by it, wondering how I could like girls, as he himself could never see himself feeling any sort of romantic feelings for a guy. He has nothing against homosexuals, he just could never be one. He also doesn't understand how I could like both genders because of how different they are. This didn't surprise me, as a few of my friends have been faced with this same opinion from other people. For some reason, I was really scared that he'd break up with me over it or distance himself from me, which is stupid. And of course, he didn't. But he now gets a little uncomfortable when I say a girl is cute or pretty. He understands the demisexual clockwork of my mind, but I'm not sure he applies it to the part of me that likes girls. I also don't think he takes into account my extreme preference for guys. He says he loves me just the same, and I believe him, but I can also tell he finds it a bit weird and sometimes uncomfortable.

He knows I love him more than anything, at the risk of sounding like a typical love-sick teen, but I don't ever want him to feel uncomfortable around me. There's also the matter of getting the courage to come out to the rest of the world and how that will affect other people's views of me, especially coming out while in a heterosexual relationship that, if at all possible, I'd like to last me for the rest of my life. I'm really not sure how to proceed in this situation and I'm a bit distressed by it. Help?