Discussion: How to cope with Grief

Have you experienced the pain of losing someone close to you? Do you grieve over the death of someone you knew? Here is a safe place to seek support.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

nirvana
Loyal

Discussion: How to cope with Grief

Post by nirvana »

I find coping with the death of a loved one, I change depending on how close I was to them, or their close family. A couple of years ago two of my great aunts died within two weeks of one another. I cried like mad at the first one, because I felt guilty, this old woman had no one, except my dad, me and my sister, who went to see her every other weekend, and I hadn't been going lately, I never got to say goodbye, and it hurt so much. My other aunt, I didn't cry, because her daughter was so upset, I felt like I had to be strong for her.

I guess what I'm wanting to know, is how you deal with grief, and if your grief changes depending on the circumstances. Personally, I find tears, and reminiscing about happy memories the best. I loved hearing stories about my grandparents, or great aunts before I was born, because it was a different person to the one I knew.
Next time you think you're perfect. Try walking on water
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Re: Discussion: How to cope with Grief

Post by Barbies are Evil »

I think Grief is a different process for everyone, but you are correct, little things help.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch