Regarding The Teenhelp.org Domain Name

Come in here to read all announcements regarding HelpingTeens! Only Administrators may start topics here, but we encourage all to reply.
OverDrive
Veteran

Regarding The Teenhelp.org Domain Name

Post by OverDrive »

Dear HelpingTeens Members,

As you know I have been trying to reach an agreement with Winston Cheng, the current owner of the domain name teenhelp.org to sell the domain to me. We worked out a very complete contract, almost out to the point of completion (it was in its final reviews), and then a very disturbing thing happened.

On Wednesday July 21, I received a call from the San Jose Police department, from a Detective who wanted to speak with me regarding teenhelp.org and complaints filed from Winston Cheng. I called him back today, the 22nd of July and it was brought to my attention that Winston Cheng was trying to file a criminal case against me for the content.

I spoke with the detective who asked me questions on the history of teenhelp.org and Mike Fox. He asked what role Mike Fox had with the website and if he ever contributed to any of the content. I explained that Mike Fox just owned the domain name and never touched the content of the website and the content was developed through me and the other Administrators. After a thorough preliminary investigation he concluded that this was not of a criminal nature and therefore no criminal investigation will become of this. He also shared an example of what type of deal this was. "Just because you own a business, and sell the storefront, doesn't mean that the purchaser owns everything".

Because of this incident, I have good reason to not continue en route to purchasing the domain teenhelp.org. He has already tried to file a criminal investigation with me, and we didn?t even have a contract at that point, imagine what he could try if he had a contract. I will not be pursuing this matter any further as it is not a very comforting thought of what may happen.

Short Term Goals

The next priority this website has is getting our Email mentoring system up online and staffed accordingly. This will be our HelpNetwork (or HelpNet application for short). Our team will be working hard on this goal to complete it in a more timely fashion than we have in the past.

Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Head Administrator

& Co-Webmaster
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.