Phase 1 Complete. Phase 2 Details Enclosed

Come in here to read all announcements regarding HelpingTeens! Only Administrators may start topics here, but we encourage all to reply.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Phase 1 Complete. Phase 2 Details Enclosed

Post by Leapfrog »

Ok so phase 1 of the HT revamp has been completed. Last night PPP unvieled the new forum layout for the site.

So now that we have completed that, known now as Phase 1. I am unvieling the detials of Phase 2.

Phase 2 is a new Moderation Structure on the site.

My goal with this site, and any site I run, is to have the site be able to run its self with very little involvement from the Administration.

Currently the site staff pyramid is as follows.

Admins

SuperMods

Moderators

Well we are now adding a new level of staff there. The new postion is currently known as Lead Moderator.

What is a lead Moderator?

Lead Mod is responsibly for:

* The moderators in there group-This would include choosing new mods, via whatever method the administartion chooses, removing mods for inactivty. Handling complaints specfic to one of there mods.

* Forum moderation-Making sure there forums are moded according to the rules that have been set on the site. If there is a lack of moderation for there forums then the Lead Mod would need to work out a solution.

* Communication with Admins-If the admins of the site have an issue with that catagory, be it whatever, then they would go to the Lead to work out a solution.

* Anything that is not TECHNICAL, but pertians to the running of there forums.

Now of course you might be asking, wait this doesnt make sense, I am confused. So I'll explain more.

Currently Mods are assigned to forums to moderate. Under this new structure each Catagory will have a Group of moderators.

Examples:

Current layout of moding

Sex and Relationships

Sex Talk

Got questions about sex or something related? Ask them here!

Forum Led by: Sam

New Layout

Sex and Relationships

Sex Talk

Got questions about sex or something related? Ask them here!

Forum Led by: Sex and Relationships Group

Now inside that group you would then have the moderators for that catagory, one of them being the lead mod.

Example again, I am using the admins only as an example.

Sex and Relationships Group-

Sam

Leapfrog

PurplePoemPoet

Skye

iHeaven

Now in this group Sam could be the Lead Mod. Meaning she is in charge of the catagory. The other Mods work for Sam.

How many mods are in each group would be determined by how many moderators the Lead Mod feels he or she needs.

As you can see by the detials above the Lead Mod chooses the mods for there group. However we are asking that you still apply. Approved applications will then be posted for the Lead Mods to review and they will choose there mods from there.

Understand that if the admins approve your application you are not secured a postion. The Lead Mod will choose mods based on there needs.

Only current mods are eligable to apply for Lead Mod postions. We have left the applciation process open till Midnight PST time August 31st.

Once there in place then they will choose from the current mods there teams.

Once that has happened then the remaining positions will be filled based on the applications we currently have on file, as well as any new applcations we recieve. I do expect that we will need to fill mod positons. So if your interested and can meet the crtiteria, then Apply

I hope I explained this well. However if you still have questions feel free to ask.

Alicia
Jake
Loyal

Re: Phase 1 Complete. Phase 2 Details Enclosed

Post by Jake »

Thank you Alicia for removing the off topic posts I caused :P :)
-Jacob Wilson
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Thank you Alicia for removing the off topic posts I caused :P :)

[/b]

Where did those posts go? I thought they were valuable input.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

They are and we are reviewing them. Jake felt that he had diverted from teh subject at hand and thus asked that the posts be removed to not take from the matter mentioned in this post.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

How about reviewing them in suggestions where people (okay, I mean me) can add onto them?
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

How about reviewing them in suggestions where people (okay, I mean me) can add onto them?

[/b]

While that may happen in the future, the Admins wanted to discuss some of the stuff in the admin forum. You can still add suggestions in the suggestion forum :)
-Jacob Wilson