Changing Of The Guard

Come in here to read all announcements regarding HelpingTeens! Only Administrators may start topics here, but we encourage all to reply.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Changing Of The Guard

Post by Leapfrog »

Greetings everyone!

This upper site staff, admins and SuperMods, have been aware of this for a week or so, and now its time the rest of you know as well.

I have been on this site for close to a year now, I have had, for the most part, a good time here, but times change and situations chage. I never intended to be here long term. School is getting very time consuming. I have my online Network, which is coming back to life, and I don't feel I have teh time that HT needs.

I have tried a number of things to bring traffic back, and most of teh time the ideas where shot down, but I have tried.

I know alot of the staff, and even the members, didn't really care for the way things were done. I still never gave up as I felt strongly, and still do, that my ideas would have helped the site.

However I wasn't about to quit when times got tough, thats not what I would do.

Skye is in the process, still, of trying to get the site converted to vBulletin. That is a process I started and I intend to see it through.

I am making a recomendation to Adam as to someone who I think could and should, take over the day to day running of the site. If everything works out in that regard then I am going to ask that person to "take charge" ASAP.

I will remain an admin on the site untill the conversion to vB is complete. I do not intend to leave before that process is finailzed.

Why am i posting this now? Well I have'nt been around much recently, as I have been extrmely busy with school and my online projects, that I feel it isnt fair to keep everyone in the dark.

Again I will remain the Site Admin untill a choosen replacement is made. I will then stay as an admin untill the site is converted.

Thanks to everyone, and Adam, for allowing me to be apart of your family here. I look forward to seeing the site in vB.

Alicia
VittorioCole
Loyal

Re: Changing Of The Guard

Post by VittorioCole »

So long, adieu.

Best of luck to you. :)

Do Love The Day He Yelled Apple! :P
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

Thanks for your time, Alicia. It was great to see that you were so into this site and trying hard to pursue new ideas. Some of your ideas were shut down and some went through - HT Magazine! (That was your idea, right? =s) Any who, thank you. And keep in touch!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Yea the mag was my thing. So I better get an email telling me about new issues. :P

Your doing an awesome jopb with the mag. Keep it up!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

To be honest, I don't think a departure qualifies as a site level announcement.

Can we move this to Chit-Chat where it belongs?
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

I think where it is is fine since uh she was admin?

And yeah the mag shall succeed!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Ok well I made a recomendation to Adam as to someone who could fill the admin hole once i left. He agreed with my suggestion and.....

So please help welcome FiZzBaW back to the Admin team!
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

YAY FIZZ!!! I have a feeling I'm going to have to start working my butt off 'cause you're gunna make me get up and do something, huh? lol jk.

Welcome back deary!

Wait...Now who is going to be the LM to S&R?
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

No idea.

Fizzy hasnt even been on to know hes been promoted. He knew that I was recomending him, but he doesnt know Adam approved him LOL.
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

lol Oh isn't this going to be a nice "Goodmorning" convo for him. lol.

FiZz's actions:

-Wakes up

-Goes to computer... bed head and all

-Reads some posts

-Open's Alicia's Topic.....5....4....3...2...1 "WOOHOO!!! I DID IT...AGAIN! Oh crap...what did I just get myself into?"

JK!!!

lol. Shh. I'm enjoying myself.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

I dont think hes gonne be that surprised.
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

It's a joke..Nevermind.

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Sorry to disappoint Kit,

I wasn't that surprised, and actually I went to school and work before I was able to log on..... I am excited at the opportunity to help out more though!

-Thanks for the enthusiasm

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Carousel
Loyal

Post by Carousel »

I have a hard time believing there's anything that could have been done to get this site to the level the staff and members want it to be. I don't think there's anybody out there that could have got back what was lost in the HT/TH split.

My 2 cents.
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Give us a chance to surprise you....with an open mind please.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Ill reserver my comments untill after I have stepped down. :)