Welcome to vBulletin 3.6.5

Come in here to read all announcements regarding HelpingTeens! Only Administrators may start topics here, but we encourage all to reply.
Skye
Veteran

Welcome to vBulletin 3.6.5

Post by Skye »

We have converted our Invision powered forum system to vBulletin.

Unfortunately, this means you may have to reset your password since the two systems have incompatible password storage methods. If you are unable to login to the support groups with the above login form, please go to the lost username and password form. It is important that you have a valid email address since the system will email you your new password.

If you no longer have access to the email account you registered with, are now using a newer email address, or do not remember your registered email address, please send us a message at sendmessage.php, and provide your username, your email address, your CURRENT email address (if it is different than the registered address and any other information you feel will help us identify your account so we can get your account working as quickly as possible.

Oh, and we're sorry for the UGLY and ANNOYING red text, but we need everyone to read it.

For more information, visit the announcements forum.

Thank you for your patience.
Rather than rewrite the announement from scratch, I will extend the announcement that you all see in the giant red annoying table at the top of the forum index. So here is a copy and paste of that, and after that you'll see the extension. As you might have noticed, we have converted our support groups from Invision Power Board to the latest vBulletin v3.6.5, and there may be some issues that I missed in my nearly 9 hour trek to isolate all of the bugs I knew would occur so that you don't see anything go wrong with your posts, etc.... There are a few known problems though.

A word of caution, if I seem snappy. It's because I started converting the support groups at 9:30 PM PST Tuesday, March 20 and just now finished doing what you see at 5:41 AM PST Wednesday March 21. Items highlighted in green are finished.
  1. First and foremost, as you already know from the giant red announcement, you might have to reset your passwords because the two systems password storage methods are not compatible. This is a very unfortunate side effect and we apologize for the inconvenience. To make the transition as quick as possible, please use the lost password form at http://www.helpingteens.org/groups/login.php?do=lostpw and everything should work inside of 5 minutes for you. If you don't have access to the email address you registered with, please go to http://www.helpingteens.org/groups/sendmessage.php and send a message to the administration immediately with the information requested in the large quoted text above.
  2. All personal messages are thrown into the Inbox carelessly without any concern for what folders they were in when in the Invision database. The classic case being all of your "Sent" items being merged with your "Inbox" items. There is no way to fix this issue, but you were all given fair warning about this possibility before the conversion took place.
  3. You might still see stray HTML formatting in posts, signatures, or personal message contents. If you do, please report it to me through http://www.helpingteens.org/groups/sendmessage.php so that I can run a cleanup tool to eradicate it for you and others that might have similar leftovers.
  4. The Teen Issues category will be temporarily unavailable because I simply ran out of a desire to stay awake and I neglected to properly restore the forum permission scheme so that is is protected from search engine spiders (to protect your privacy). This means that the Self-Harm, Rape/Abuse, Suicide, and Depression will remain offline for a few hours while I sleep.
  5. To further point 4, if you are a staff member, the staff forums are disappeared officially until I get the permissions schemes setup again for the same reasons as number 4. Rest assured they are still there.
  6. Staff members assigned forums did not carry over and will need to be manually re-assigned and I'll get around to that when I have had some proper sleep. Super moderators and administrators are all fine and dandy and this one does not apply to you.
  7. The Gender profile field is now required.
  8. I am aware that the forum rules are no longer displayed on the registration form and that will be fixed in short order as soon as I get some more sleep.
  9. I am aware that there are no avatar galleries, they need to be imported in a much more painfully manual way than the smilies needed to be so I put it off until the end. I will import them when I get sleep.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Re: Welcome to vBulletin 3.6.5

Post by Leapfrog »

Nice job Skye!
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

Erm, what happened to Despression and Self-Harm forums?
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote name='Michie;486029']Erm, what happened to Despression and Self-Harm forums?[/quote]

Number 4 in the announcement. "The Teen Issues category will be temporarily unavailable because I simply ran out of a desire to stay awake and I neglected to properly restore the forum permission scheme so that is is protected from search engine spiders (to protect your privacy). This means that the Self-Harm, Rape/Abuse, Suicide, and Depression will remain offline for a few hours while I sleep."
HelpingTeens.org:

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Michie,

It's fixed for now. I'm still tweaking it, but guests will not be able to read the contents of posts under the Teen Issues category, and will be required to login--this includes search engine spiders. If there are any other issues, please let me know.
HelpingTeens.org:

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

It looks good.. The only thing I've noticed is that I made two posts in The Lounge earlier tonight, one in Chit-Chat and one in Self-Expression and it said they posted, but I just came back now and they aren't there. I can post in the mag forum though with no problems. It's not really a big deal, you definitely don't need to make it a big priority, just thought I'd let you know.

Good job :)
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote=Fishhead;486087]It looks good.. The only thing I've noticed is that I made two posts in The Lounge earlier tonight, one in Chit-Chat and one in Self-Expression and it said they posted, but I just came back now and they aren't there. I can post in the mag forum though with no problems. It's not really a big deal, you definitely don't need to make it a big priority, just thought I'd let you know.

Good job :)[/quote]

Fixed. It was a user permissions error. When Alicia created the user group for Magazine Contributors she forced your posts to be moderated by default--which I'm sure was just an accidental mistake. In any event, I spent 30 minutes going through every forum to verify correct permissions and the same for the user groups. Let me know if there are anymore issues. :cool:
HelpingTeens.org:

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Please remember to enable your PM's (and set other user options).

To enable your PMs and set other user options, go to options in your user Control Point, and tick the box that says 'enable private messaging'.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote=Lena;486119]Please remember to enable your PM's (and set other user options).

To enable your PMs and set other user options, go to options in your user Control Point, and tick the box that says 'enable private messaging'.[/quote]

Alrighty then, the PM system should be enabled for all users now.

Hopefully future registered users have it on by default.
HelpingTeens.org:

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I can't seem to find the box that says 'enable private messaging' to turn mine on...and I don't think that they are on?
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote name='Fishhead;486795']I can't seem to find the box that says 'enable private messaging' to turn mine on...and I don't think that they are on?[/quote]

To enable and/or disable the private messaging system, you can go to UserCP -> Edit Options. About halfway down that page is a section title named "Private Messaging" and right below it one of the very first options is "Enable Private Messaging." However, I have already enabled that for everyone over a week ago, including you. It's your choice to enable or disable it, but you will still get messages staff regardless of this setting being turned on or off.
HelpingTeens.org:

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

That option isn't on there when I click on it..but I can't send PMs to anyone.. The option doesn't show up.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

I am sure you have looked, but humour me here.

UserCP ---> Edit Options ---> Messaging & Notification ----> Private Messaging ----> Enable Private Messaging

If thats not there, then I dont know why, but thats the steps.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote name='Fishhead;486808']That option isn't on there when I click on it..but I can't send PMs to anyone.. The option doesn't show up.[/quote]

I looked at your account and it is turned on. I'd be happy to spend some more time trying to figure out why it is not working for you. Who are you trying to send a personal message to, when is this occurring, etc... Can you try sending me a personal message to see if that works. I have sent you a personal message to see if it gets through to your end. Let me know if you get it by replying, and that will help determine if it's something else like you typing a recipients username incorrectly or something else entirely.
HelpingTeens.org:

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I got the message, but there is no option for me to reply... and it's not an issues of me typing a name in wrong because I can't even get to a screen that would let me type in a name..

I'm sorry for bugging you guys so much.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote=Fishhead;486823]I got the message, but there is no option for me to reply... and it's not an issues of me typing a name in wrong because I can't even get to a screen that would let me type in a name..

I'm sorry for bugging you guys so much.[/quote]

OK, try now. I logged in under your account and found out the exact issue. The issue was that you are a magazine contributor and that's a custom user group that Alicia setup and she didn't make the user group correctly and one of the issues was your inability to send any personal messages. I'm sorry for the problems this has caused. If you have any further issues, please let me know.
HelpingTeens.org:

Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

[quote name='Skye;486831']OK, try now. I logged in under your account and found out the exact issue. The issue was that you are a magazine contributor and that's a custom user group that Alicia setup and she didn't make the user group correctly and one of the issues was your inability to send any personal messages. I'm sorry for the problems this has caused. If you have any further issues, please let me know.[/quote]

Sorry my bad. I had a ton of usergroups to set up in one day.
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

It's alright, thanks.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote name='Fishhead;486839']It's alright, thanks.[/quote]

So, it works for you now, yes? :D
HelpingTeens.org:

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

Yep, it works fine :)