Us Pilots

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Us Pilots

Post by oneforthemoney »

Right...what do you guys think? I mean, did anyone see the footage taken from the cockpit of the jet? That's pretty intense....

Do you think the american pilots deserve to be punished? I mean, ...do you think it was intentionally?
Jake
Loyal

Re: Us Pilots

Post by Jake »

Hey, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about....mind explaining?
-Jacob Wilson
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Same here... but then again... I don't own a TV (my roommate does, and I rarely watch it).

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

Lol, ....where have you guys been ??? The US pilots...that killed Canadian soldiers during a friendly fire ....somewhere in afghanistan I think...it happened a couple of months ago, and now the two pilots are on trial, and they've been showing the video from the cockpit over and over again....
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Ooohhhh... now I remember. I have not seen the video though, because I don't own a TV remember ;)

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

you don't own a tv? that would make me .......wait.....I wouldnt mind not having one...but in this case......GET ONE..jk...hehe, no its no prob...just wanna know if you think its right for the US pilots to be punished for killing those Canadians during a friendly fire.
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi 'oneforthemoney'!! :)

Should those two U.S. pilots be 'punished'?? Absolutely YES!! But [and this is a big 'but'] only IF they either went against 'procedure' and/or disobeyed a direct order NOT to 'fire'.

But beyond all of that.... I think what has to be looked into is the use of 'pep-pills'. It is quite common [apparently] for pilots to be given 'wake-up-pills' whenever they go on a long mission. Perhaps THAT is what should be examined [most of all] during this trial.

No doubt - both of those American pilots [and the entire American Airforce] regret what happened. Not for one second do I think that ANY American would want to bomb a Canadian on purpose. [and visa versa]

The problem with this trial is that no one wants some other pilot to avoid bombing a REAL enemy because he's worried about being arrested and thrown into prison. War is all about milliseconds. One millisecond late - and you could be killed.

The entire case rests on 'intent'. I do not believe - therefore - that the two American pilots are guility. [although - perhaps out of respect TO those 4 Canadians - they should be 'grounded' for a while]

BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

Canada Craig!

Awesome post - now that what I was looking for....

I agree that the US pilots should be "punished" but maybe not extremely....If they were on those pill than I'd say that has to be investigated, and how can you really honestly tell whose who on a battle field? If they violated orders...yeah for sure - punish 'em.

Thanks dude!
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

well that clears things up........tisk tisk
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

I think that they should be punished for it! they WERE warned that there were canadians there, and they went ahead and bombed em without gettin clearance from the wherever the heck they're supposed to get it. Sure its gonna suck for their families but they made a mistake, and it definately sucks more for the families of the ppl they killed. I really dont think these drugs should make a difference!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

partykid12
Veteran

Post by partykid12 »

From what it seems is that the pilots superiors denied permission to fire upon the "target." The only permission they had was to fire only if acting in self-defense. They were flying over marked training grounds and I think that both the Pentagon and the pilots are at fault for this. The Pentagon because they did not advise the pilot of the training grounds that the pilot was obviously flying over and the pilot because he should know better. I do not think that the pilots should go to jail because it was a mistake, unfortunetly it was a mistake that caused the lives of 4 innocent people but it was a mistake. With their jobs a mistake is a big one but their jobs are hard enough and if they were actually being fired upon then I would have done the same thing. Court marshal yes, but jail no in my opinion.

The "go pills" that these pilots ingest are not illegal drugs, they are amphetamines that boost ones energy to be able to fly several hours. Amphetamines are not illegal, Methamphetmines yes are illegal. Although scheduled the military probably gives out "prescriptions" so that the pilots can obtain them legally. Also I do not think that these pills make a difference on their judgments, I have taken these pills before and it might give you more energy or whatever but it doesn't mess your mind up enough to kill. BTW I dont understand how they can take these pills and just sit in a cockpit for hours, I chain smoke when im on Amphetamines lol.
I used to get high on life until I realized it was cut with morons..
Queergrrl
Loyal

Post by Queergrrl »

What ever happend to the pilots during trial and what not? Have they been charged yet?
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

http://www.cap.gov