Lightening And Thunder

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

scunnyrastin
Loyal

Lightening And Thunder

Post by scunnyrastin »

OOO I LOVE LIGHTENING AND THUNDER AND WE'RE HAVING A STORM RIGHT NOW AND ARE POSED TO HAVE THUNDER STORMS ALL WEEK!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

how close has yall come to bein struck by lightening?
We're all livn n a Delusional Hell

<< e.x.i.s.t.e.n.t.i.a.l.i.s.m
heatherleigh13
Loyal

Re: Lightening And Thunder

Post by heatherleigh13 »

I LOVE storms too! Lightning is so freakin' awesome! Just last week I was pretty close to getting struck by lightning though! It freaked me out. haha I was looking out the front window, closest to our flag, which is attached to the brick next to the garage. It's hard to explain. Anyways, I was looking out the window and this HUGE bolt of lightning struck our flagpole thingy. It was so bright. I couldn't see out of either of my eyes for like 10 minutes. It was kinda like when you take a picture and the flash blinds you for a few seconds, but it was longer. My right eyesight came back pretty quickly. I couldn't see out of my left eye at all for a few hours. I didn't regain my full eyesight in that eye until the next day! I still love storms though! lol
?~?Heather?~?
scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

i love them!!! but theres no lightening to this storm, jus thunder and its like 20 seconds long!!! and that is long and soooo sooo loud!

the other week my bro and i were parked under this huge tree and it was stormin, i asked him what would happen if it was struck and feel on us, and he said thatd b it for us, and i suggested he move the car, but he said we were fine and as soon as he said that thie lightening bolt struck the ground like 5 feet away from his side of the car and the thunderlike shook the earth man, it scared the crap outta us we drove that car some where else haha, i wasnt lookn directly at where the lightein stroke so it didnt blind me, but it did scare me half to death

heatherleigh13
Loyal

Post by heatherleigh13 »

Originally posted by scunnyrastin@Jul 16 2003, 02:44 PM

i love them!!! but theres no lightening to this storm, jus thunder and its like 20 seconds long!!! and that is long and soooo sooo loud!

the other week my bro and i were parked under this huge tree and it was stormin, i asked him what would happen if it was struck and feel on us, and he said thatd b it for us, and i suggested he move the car, but he said we were fine and as soon as he said that thie lightening bolt struck the ground like 5 feet away from his side of the car and the thunderlike shook the earth man, it scared the crap outta us we drove that car some where else haha, i wasnt lookn directly at where the lightein stroke so it didnt blind me, but it did scare me half to death

I love storms and all, but yea... I would've been like "Get me out from under this tree NOW!!!!" haha I freak about that kind of stuff, but yet I go and sit on my porch during storms. haha I am so strange. I love thunder. It feels so awesome. It gives me this rush. Lightning is really pretty. I love when it's the zigzag kind! lol I really sound like some kinda messed up person right about now... lol
?~?Heather?~?
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

i hate storms..they scare me.....but i don't believe in quiting a perfectly good baseball/softball game just cuz of some lightning.....that makes me mad......like...a week ago...for 5 days we had atleast 2 storms a days..and they were huge storms...with hail and everything...it was scarey...

scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

this thunder is booming! but the sky is too light to see the lightening.

whenever we were under that tree, the storm jus kept goin in circles around us, and we were watching lightening strike on the bridge on and on the mainland, it was soo beautiful . i love the lightening that u c n the clouds that make em turn pink, i dunno if neof yall have ever seen that, but i saw that a while bak

heatherleigh13
Loyal

Post by heatherleigh13 »

Originally posted by Damnchicksrfine@Jul 16 2003, 02:50 PM

i hate storms..they scare me.....but i don't believe in quiting a perfectly good baseball/softball game just cuz of some lightning.....that makes me mad......like...a week ago...for 5 days we had atleast 2 storms a days..and they were huge storms...with hail and everything...it was scarey...

Yea, it makes me mad when they cancel a game or something because of lightning, but they kind of have to. It's for safety reasons, so I can see why they do it... But yea... It sucks if it's a team you really like!
?~?Heather?~?
heatherleigh13
Loyal

Post by heatherleigh13 »

Originally posted by scunnyrastin@Jul 16 2003, 02:53 PM

this thunder is booming! but the sky is too light to see the lightening.

whenever we were under that tree, the storm jus kept goin in circles around us, and we were watching lightening strike on the bridge on and on the mainland, it was soo beautiful . i love the lightening that u c n the clouds that make em turn pink, i dunno if neof yall have ever seen that, but i saw that a while bak

Yea, the sky is really pretty like that. Just last night we had a pretty big storm. Nothing too big, but the sky was all purple and pink.... then it turned a greenish yellow. It looked kinda freaky, but it was awesome. I'm fascinated by that though. I used to want to be a tornado chaser. lol
?~?Heather?~?
psychogirl927
Loyal

Post by psychogirl927 »

thunder storms are soooo cool! though i've never been struck by lighting or anything, props to all those who have and are alive to tell about it!
zim:...and so you will become more and more of what you really are deep down inside

dib: deep down im balony?

zim: yes

dib: that's just dumb

zim: dumb like a moose dib, dumb like a moose!!
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

i luv lightning and thunder too. never got close to being struck, thats a good thing. But i like to watch it.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 »

i LOVE thunderstorms except when the tornado siren goes off. its so fun during a thunderstorm and its raining really hard to run around your house. its sooooooooooo much fun except when it starts hailing. then it hurts lol. :lol:
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance
scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

hail does hurt, but its fun to watch from the inside of a car.

i love it when water spouts form at the beach when theres a storm ooo theyre so magnificent!! and enchanting! ive had too many dreams bout tornadoes to like them that much hehe, but theyre coo l to watch on tv

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I am happy to say that I have never been, or come close to getting struck by lightening.

Thunderstorms are nice though...I think they're romantic :blink: only most of the time (or when I think about it, all of the time) I'm on my own when there's thunder so it just scares me.

I so need a hug :'(
I wish I were a spy.
DownInFlames
Loyal

Post by DownInFlames »

I love thunder and lightening too....we just had a huge "storm" last night. It was awesome! I say "storm" because there wasn't very much rain. I sat out in the hammock for almost 2 hours just watching and listening!

I have never been even close to being struck by lightening. There aren't enough thunderstorms around here for that.
Shizzz!
scunnyrastin
Loyal

Post by scunnyrastin »

there arent that many round here, but that one the other day sure was after me. but for sum reason this summer, right now, we're havin storms for like weeks straight