How Do I Look Classy And Cool?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Sam!
Veteran

How Do I Look Classy And Cool?

Post by Sam! »

I am a 14/m, 5' 6"/144 with a decent bodytype, though I could do to lose some weight. I want a classy/cool outfit for the first day of high school. Not too dressy or snobby looking, but still very *classy*. Girls, or guys who know fashion, clue me in, what is my look. I can post a picture of me later if you want.
-Sam!
Beachatnight
Loyal

Re: How Do I Look Classy And Cool?

Post by Beachatnight »

I understand what you're saying. For me, I like to wear a nice sweater, preferably black or a dark, solid color, with a contrasting, collared shirt underneath. Preppy, I know, but I always liked the look. To balance, I would wear an extremely old, beat up (holes in odd places help this one out), faded, pair of jeans or cargo pants. Finish with sandals. Also, to complete the look, don't do anything with your hair. Wear it very messy.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I like the top, but I might go all out preppy, it's my look. Let me tell you a little more about how I look.

I am a 14/m, 5' 6"/144 with a decent bodytype, though I could do to lose some weight.

Dark brown hair, brown eyes.

Very young face, people say I look 12, though I'm 14.

I almost ALWAYS wear long pants, but I don't like the beat-up look. I don't understand the collered shirt under sweater thing, it's confusing me, you let the collar out over it? Do you have a picture of this style?
-Sam!
Beachatnight
Loyal

Post by Beachatnight »

Sorry, no picture. Just take a shirt with a collar, put it on first, then put the sweater over it. Pull the collar out from underneath, so it looks like the sweater has a collar, but it'd be the shirt underneath. That sounds retarded, but it's the best way I can describe it. Try it to see if you like the way it looks. But as for the full preppy thing, I'd be careful. As you say, you are entering high-school. My advice is to mix styles as much as you can to avoid labels. If you go on the first day, all prepped out, people are going to look at you and be like "nerd." You don't want that. That's why you need to balance somehow. It's like you say, "yeah, I know what I'm doing." Not to mention, it looks a whole lot cooler. Or, you could just go out the week before and get a bunch of tattoos. Take it from me, nobody ever argues with tattoos, and they are as much a part of fashion as clothes. Then, you could go full preppy for your whole 4 years and no one would ever label you. But, if you don't like the ideas of ink under your skin, balance it out.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

be who u are. dont be someone else. thats classy and cool
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Thanks for your advice guys, but there is a detail I forgot to explain. You see, I was elected at the end of eighth grade as Senator of my class. My campaign team (in our school, this is normal, even for guys!) took polls with my consituants, of what they want me to wear. Take a look at these results:

Preppy: 81%

Punk: 4%

Hawaiian: 7%

Gothic: 3%

Mix: 4%

I know it doesn't add up to 100, there are rounded things and decimals, so it comes up as 99.

I do want to be who I am, but they really did a good job of voting, because preppy really is my thing. I think I am getting the collered idea. Does it have to be a certain color collar? I bought a shirt with a black collar, and I like it a lot. Also, i am not sure I want to wear a sweater on the first day, as September 2nd around here is usually in the mid 70's, and though I like long pants in that weather, that other look fits better in early November. Keep in mind, I'm in Pennsylvania.
-Sam!
Beachatnight
Loyal

Post by Beachatnight »

Don't worry about the color, as long as it contrasts with the color of the sweater. To wear the same would be a big no-no.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by Beachatnight@Aug 1 2003, 08:56 PM

Don't worry about the color, as long as it contrasts with the color of the sweater. To wear the same would be a big no-no.

Thanks you guys! I'm glad I know I will always have the fashion police around to make sure I follow the law!
-Sam!