Algebra 1

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
SexySara69
Dedicated

Algebra 1

Post by SexySara69 »

Ok iam NOT good in math .. like at all . and i have algebra one this year and iam wondering what to expect? .. is it hard? .. does it take alot of effort? .. and time? :(
Sam!
Veteran

Re: Algebra 1

Post by Sam! »

I was good until pre-algebra, and then I found it hard. Um, I'm not going to lie to you, it's not an easy subject.
-Sam!
SteveC03
Loyal

Post by SteveC03 »

I took algebra 1 in 7 grade....quite sometime ago :P but I don't think it's to hard. Just pay attention and you should catch on pretty easy. If you ever have any questions pm and I'll try and help. Oh and don't be afraid to ask others for help! Don't dig yourself into a hole just cause you're embarassed to ask...I've seen quite a few people do that.
<span style='font-family:Geneva' "Pain and discomfort are a part of life; misery and suffering are optional."

"What is to give light must endure burning"

101st Screamin Eagles....Air Assault! Ft.Campbell, KY

SUPPORT FOR TEENS DEALING WITH CANCER IN ANY WAY
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Yeah, ask a lot of questions. Oh, and DO YOUR HOMEWORK. I HONESTLY CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH! I'd offer to help you, but seeing as I ended the year with a C+, I don't think that is what you want.
-Sam!
princess_of_everything
Loyal

Post by princess_of_everything »

i took alegbra 1 in 8th grade (this past year) and i got a c- (i shoulda failed cuz i always got f's...my teacher went easy on my for some reason)....it was hella hard for me, and i'm taking it again for my freshman year. juss pain attention in class (dont goof around or fall asleep) and do ur best. dont be afraid to ask the teacher for help..that's wut they're there for. good luck!
everything is okay in the end. if it's not okay, then it's not the end.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i am alright at math...and alg. 1 is kinda hard...it takes alot of studing!! but its worth it!
clovers88
Loyal

Post by clovers88 »

When I took algebra one it was like one of my easyest math classes because you get to use graphing calculators. Although math has always been my best sub. so it might be harder for you.
why live when there is nothing to live for

why love when no one will love you

why need when you will get nothing

why be when you can't be seen
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by Evanescence_punkmefreak@Aug 5 2003, 01:09 AM

No but freakin geometry is!!! Im soo lucky this is my last year of math science and history

Algebra and Geometry are supposedly total opposites. Few people are good at both. From what I understand, you are usually good at one or the other.
-Sam!
Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino »

If you understand math (the important thing is understanding not memorizing) it shouldnt be too hard.

If you ever have a question about algebra 1 you can PM me.
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

-Sam!
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Post by iAmAStreaker »

Ah. It's like Pre-Algebra but harder. Harder. Harder. Study a lot and concentrate. Do your work. Don't slack off. Not even JUST A LITTLE. Best of luck.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

i think youll do fine i usck ta math too and what i did was ask alota questions and stay after when i didnt understand something.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
PM5K_CINDER
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by PM5K_CINDER »

ALG 1 is harder than ALG 2, so think of it that way
Yeah... my email is skule_sux_and_so_do_u@hotmail.com

incase u care
transientsmiles
Loyal

Post by transientsmiles »

I had a LOT Of trouble with Algebra. I don't now, but back then it seemed almost impossible for me to do. Every time I looked at an equation or something, I just wanted to run away. My mom made me sit there and practice over and over again. It really helped, a lot.

You know what's strange about me and math? Nothing clicks until the next year, or at least until the test/after the test. I got to Geometry, and suddenly everything about Algebra just made complete sense.

If you keep working on it (no matter how hard it is, no matter how much you don't understand), it'll get stuck into your brain someplace and will probably understand it right when you get to the test. Don't tell yourself that it's impossible to learn math.

p.s. I ended up in Calculus :ph34r:, all because I didn't give up.

Good luck!!!

Hey, if you ever need help with math, pm me, k? :)
...mm hmm...