Preps And Punks........

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Justme
Loyal

Preps And Punks........

Post by Justme »

Ok here is the thing.... I was reading the posts about hottopic and all that stuff and about how people say that goths and punks have bad attitudes! That isnt true unless u wanna say preps have bad attitudes too because they are all just people. I mean like some of the goth/punk people i know are the nicest people ive ever met really. And alot of preps are nice too it just depends on the person. And like I would say that I am punk... but i dont always dress like that because my mother doesnt want to be me those kind of clothes... So sometimes i dress like a prep.. All punk really is is the attitude u have towards life and everything like that.. Right? or am i wrong? What does everybody think about what it really means to be punk???
<span style=\'color:red\'One day you'll love me, the way I loved you. One day you'll think of me, the way I thought of you. One day you'll cry for me, the way I cried for you. One day you'll want me but I won't want you!

Everyone who lives dies, But not everybody who dies has lived!
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: Preps And Punks........

Post by Jaegermeister »

I can't say what it really means to be a punk, because I really don't care what people label me or think of me or whatever. Ok, so I do a bit, everyone does, but I don't not do things because I am afraid of what people will think of me. I will agree with you that judging people by the clothes they wear is just stupid. All that a person tells about themselves by their clothes is what kind of clothes they like. The clothes they wear does not imply anything about what kind of a person they are.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

what exactly is a punk or a prep....really there is neither...just everyone labeling everyone else...a good friend of mine said, " There is no such thing as punk. People think punk is trying to be diffrent, diffrent music , diffrent clothes and being your own person. But if all punks wear baggy pants, wear shirts with their fav or some opinion and lots and lots of braclets the look the same. Looking the same and acting the same is what ppl lable preps as. So by preps and punks are under one category." So really there is no punk or prep or any other category people think up to keep one person away from another. Sorry for making this long...just my friends qoute was a big one :P
Dose it honestly really matter? think about it
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Yeah Minx... I agree with you. I can't help but think of the quote "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you are all the same." Yes, you and all of your friends are individuals, just like everyone else. People tend to group with people who have similar mindsets with each other, and lots of times those opinons tend towards similar dress, attitude, and demeanor. People have used that on me before, and I say to them "Yes, you are much different from the other 10 people who have said that to me." It's asinine to think that people who dress like punks/goths are better than people who dress like preps because they don't 'conform to the norms of society'.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
wotland princess
Loyal

Post by wotland princess »

ok this is my oppion... i know alot of people that are preps and they have this bitchy attitude and that is why i dont really like preps. I hate how the world stereotypes everyone. Just because i dress gothic doesnt mean i am goin to kill everyone i see. I hate this world on how when a trend comes around they dress like that and then they dress diffent when a new one comes along. Make up your mind. i dont know what this world has came 2 but i think people should be themselfs and not dress for what is in and not in.
EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE! ~MERCEDES LANDER~
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

yeah i agree, i hate stereotypes. there worthless b/c every1 is different. no matter wat they wear, or how they act.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Johnsgothgirl... and just because I dress in preppy clothes doesn't mean I am a stuck up snob with a bitchy attitude :D ;) :P

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

" Like omg, thats totally kick ass" is something someone would think a prep would say...just cuz someone wears some AE or AF dosent mean u must classfy them as a prep...and not all preps are bitchy thank you..i happen to know some mellow ones........."i fucking hate everyone" is something somone would say a punk/goth would say...and cuz some one wears black, baggy pants, a bunch of cand kid braclets and spikes dosent mean they are a punk/goth...everyone is the same on the inside...they just wanna be liked and have friends..and dont tell me you would like that...as for me....i wear my AE shirts but with baggy pants...im not like my friends im more preppy then they are...my friends wear the spikes, baggy clothes, so many braclets and black...u dont think we would click..but we do..so it really dosent matter what u wear...it matters that u have fun :P
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

ok..prep to me is someone who thinks they are better than everyone else and are killer stuck up bitches..not someone who wears abercrombie or american eagle..and punk..umm..mostly their beleifs..on the government and religion and what they do and how they act..the only reason that punk style started is cuz back in the 70's all the awesome ass real punks started it cuz they wanted to look different than what everyone else did and go against everything that was said to be right..i dunno..no one should listen to me

Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

i like ur vewis damnchicksrfine.....but not all ppl who are considered preps are bitches...i learned that...i just recently started home ech...i hate my table...its a "weird" guy and girl...2 "prep" girls..and my friend Ben...one of the "prep" girls i knew and i knew she was nice as shit...but the other i thought was a complet bitch before i got to know her...after a few days i got to see shes just like me only alot happier with it...welll that got me to see not all people who are considered "preps" are stuck up bitches
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Damnchicksarefine... Well according to your definition I am a punk stuck in a prep's body :) But honestly, we have pretty much established (at least I think) that regardless of what you wear you can still be a 'prep' (stuck up bitch) or a 'punk' (strong relious and political views) or a generally 'nice person' (a generally nice person) regardless of what you wear. So I am wondering... what causes the garb?

For me what dictates my garb is personal preference. I like looking nice in a social setting (and I'm in college, so I don't consider class a social setting). Basically, to class I wear PJ's and sweatshirts. However, when I am going out on the weekend or going out to dinner I like looking nice.

By nice I mean clean cuts in the current (trendy I guess you could say) fashions.

Is this what makes other people decide how to dress?

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Minx
Loyal

Post by Minx »

i dont know what ud call me by everyones explanations....ive got clothes...i just pull something outta my drwer and out it on...for example today im wearing baggy jeans and a big orange basketball shirt...but yesterday i was wearing an AE tee shirt and jeans....what dose that make me?...but if u throw in the bitchyness a little with some niceness u get me....so i dont know whta ud call me...i dont like labling ppl though...i still think there is no such thing as punk or prep...everyones the same
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

but not all ppl who are considered preps are bitches
\

i didn't mean that people that our called preps are bitch's..i meant that people that are bitch's and stuck up and think they are better than everyone else just because of how they dress and how much money they have and all that stuff are what i call preps..not people called preps are bitch's..sorry to confuse you..im probably confusing you even more by saying all this

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Ok, so people who act like they are better than you are the bitchy preps right?

I think I got it. Thanks for clearing it up though. Because I'll be honest, I was brought up in a fairly wealthy neighborhood and I went to private school and yada yada yada... so I know exactly the type of people you are talking about. I just don't like those people. I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone else.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

yay..someone understands me..yeah..i was brought up around all those kind of people..because i didn't have the money to buy the clothes they wore..i was some sorda diseased freakazoid or somethin..i dunno..i hate people like that...

partykid12
Veteran

Post by partykid12 »

I honestly don't care what people think about me, I dress the way I feel comfortable. I mean I dont think I dress preppy and I dont think I dress punk, I basically just wear jeans and t-shirts with fleeces.. I dont understand people that are constantly looking at other people and making fun of the way they dress.. those are the kids that are worried about how they look.
I used to get high on life until I realized it was cut with morons..
girlyluvR4life
Loyal

Post by girlyluvR4life »

well round in these parts, preps are stuck up fake ass bitches, and personally i cant stand them. dressin preppy doest mean you are tho, its more or less your actions that determine your personality/characteristics...not your clothes
I'm a gardener of TWO KINDS baby ;)

someone PLEASE knock a hole n my head, i can't wait to kiss this "life" goodbye.
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

im such a skater
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

yeah i think im a lot like partykid in that i dress in what feels comfortable...most of the time. and if those clothes happen to be in the "prep" or "punk" category, so what? being labeled by what you wear is bullshit.
Image the banana dance will live on!Image