I Noticed This...

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

unoshawty
Veteran

Re: I Noticed This...

Post by unoshawty »

I know what you mean. I replied to a post in which this girl said "Yah i m tha best spelller in mah grup. yew r juzt jeluz." What the hell?!
RIP Pat N. Glassman

<span style=\'color:gray\'My car is SOOO much better than yours =)

TCCA Ya heard?
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Originally posted by PunkInTooDeep@Aug 10 2003, 05:00 PM

I just think like it was said before, people should learn to express themselves freely. If people really want anyone to understand though, then maybe they can try to write more clear. But then...I don't know. I don't wanna get into an arguement so bear with me here.

My thoughts exactly. When I seriously write poems or letters, I have really good grammar..........Here I spell stuff correctly, but as long as my meaning is clear, I don't really care about grammar.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Yeah, it can get really annoying, but usually if the majority of people use proper grammar the rest buckle to peer pressure. It can be annoying, but we would never ban it, that is just silly.
NAAM
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

You just get used to it...soon you hardly notice it. :)
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

I don't even notice anymore, but I do skip topics if they have over-used "mah" cos that just annoys me.
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

i have been reading more and more posts like that (however, i mostly notice that people only type like that in chit-chat, because the true imbeciles dont venture outside of it!) hehehe

what annoys me is when people randomly add letters into it like:

&i woz@hissssssss house talkin2himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(i can understand the use of abbreviations and slang, but pressing random letters on the key-board is just eyeball-gouging!)
sugarpacket
Loyal

Post by sugarpacket »

*arhg* i can understand what you mean about bad grammar, especially because i plan on studying english in college to become an english teacher...

let's just remember that bad spelling does NOT count for bad grammar--it counts for bad SPELLING. grammar is conjugation between subject and verb, correlation between plurals and their possessives, adjectives, and whatnot. (sorry if i lost anyone) examples:

you was thinking (wrong subject verb agreement)

it got me thinking wrongly about the stuffs (poor adverb use and incorrect plural usage)

it doesn't bother me that [sometimes] the spelling is atrocious around here (i mean, i don't like to capitalize things when i'm typing for speed, and not accuracy!) but seriously, understanding grammar in the english language and spelling in the english language is *ahem* more easier sed then dun (*argh* I JUST TYPED THAT?! omg... *walks away contemplating her decision for a career choice* ;))
kiss, crush, bliss, blush... finally happy. so happy. so lucky.

diaLoGue shrUgGed
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

It's a reflection of a person's personality. Since you can't sense sarcasm, humor, or other things over the internet, you need to find other ways to express yourself, and I guess that toying with the way you type is a way of doing that.

Personally I try and use good grammer because it would throw me when I went to go type a paper, and be typing like this "In 1999 bush iz 2 cool 4 words."

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
ShowMeTheMoney!
Loyal

Post by ShowMeTheMoney! »

Originally posted by xxlilcubancutie0@Aug 11 2003, 02:12 AM

Showmethemoney:

Yo, hey if your learning english or whatever language it is it dosn't matter if you make mistakes, hey we all do. So dont sweat it! Its coo that you are trying a new language!

***Hey and this is like a P.S thing alright?? damn..***

^^^When i do that its a p.s.^^^^^

weeey, thx... :P that's a relief, hehehehe... :jester:
' In my dreams I was drowning my sorrows

but my sorrows they learned to swim '

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain... Time to die."
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by grrlstar0357@Aug 11 2003, 08:24 AM

let's just remember that bad spelling does NOT count for bad grammar--it counts for bad SPELLING. grammar is conjugation between subject and verb, correlation between plurals and their possessives, adjectives, and whatnot. (sorry if i lost anyone) examples:

you was thinking (wrong subject verb agreement)

it got me thinking wrongly about the stuffs (poor adverb use and incorrect plural usage)

like when people say:

Oh, I seen you the other day.

That irks the hell out of me.
lash
Loyal

Post by lash »

eh. don't faze me! say all u want k? i can understand u. use all o the slang and abbreviations you want cuz i dont give. yall have a nice day. i'm out!
Turning over in interrupted slumber,

You ponder others, growing ever wakeful,

You've locked the vermin in the other bedroom,

To be so perfect causes you to feel so thankful,

Now find the fault because your boyfriend can't read,

Reflecting on to you is all the bitterness you need,

So unhappy, yet so preoccupied,

Never found beaten down with your forked tongue tied.

Your eulogy is like poetry,

But your mouth is like a magazine.

Queen dependency is cowering, please don't be confused,

You are vacant and submissive, receptive to abuse,

Virtue isn't tangible, and sense of self is dated,

Names constant on your cracked lips are now eviscerated,

Your spine is made of metal, Your veins are bound in electric tape,

And all along an impulse lights at random in your face,

Yough cought up an offering and forget which words are lies,

Then your skull echoes a singeing pop, as your brain is cauterized.

-"Mouth Like A Magazine" Showbread
Kiyotie
Veteran

Post by Kiyotie »

Originally posted by maya@Aug 11 2003, 07:29 PM

I just dont like it when it makes the post really hard to read and you don't know if ur actually answering their question.

That's exactly what I hate too. Especially when there's no periods whatsoever so you're like going on and on about something you can't even understand :kid:
Whatever our failings may be, we need not lower our eyes in the presence of Jesus...Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace. As we glance up, we are astonished to find the eyes of Jesus open with wonder, deep with understanding, and gentle with compassion.

Cormamin lindua ele lle, Heruamin.
Sosa
Loyal

Post by Sosa »

big deal there is slang to every language.u people are fuckin picky, if there is one thing at all you dont like then u come here and complain about it.....................................now smart people if you did put a no slang rule out there how would you enforce it?issue warnings and eventually bans to anyone on the site that uses slang.good idea about 1/4 or more of the users on the site wouldnt be here