I Realized!

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Nj
Veteran

I Realized!

Post by Nj »

I realized that the major reason subjects get off topic is because people don't "attack" the others person's statment as a whole.

EG:

There is no Big Foot monster because its never been seen, and no physical evidence such as poop has been found.

The response of somebody to that most likely would be:

Just because there is no poop from the monster doesn't mean its not real..

right then, 2 major issues where left out, and so that spawns a debate about something off topic, The next response would be along the lines of "how do you know its not real because of the poop", then the next would be "maybe it doesn't poop" and then the next would be proving that "all animals poop" which is an entirely different subject.

So to stay on topic I ask that you adress the topic as a whole, and not pick apart only what you can get/understand. By doing this, things will run much more smooth, and I won't be such a giant asshole (as I've been called in many PMs, lol)...
--nj

MiKeYo
Loyal

Re: I Realized!

Post by MiKeYo »

i wonder what gaint poop looks like anyway..... <_<

haha just kidding man :woot: :woot:
HI
She
Veteran

Post by She »

As long as it follows logically from the argument I don't think we should be forced to stay strictly on the thread's topic. Often there's only one part of a statement that interests me, and I don't want to reply to the entire twenty paragraph essay just in the interest of keeping on topic ;)
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

thats what you think, however the admins don't like it when you go off topic, and frankly niether do I and many others.
--nj

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Damn me and my looking at both sides of the story! I tend to agree with She, but Resist I totally see where you are coming from because as an admin or a mod it would get irksome when people won't stay on topic. I really have a problem with that because at the other message board I post at the admin really doesn't care if we meander, in fact, she encourages it! We are a much smaller community though...

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Keyword: much smaller community

Also, meandoring is not good in a site intended to help people, It kinda defeats the purpose of coming here if somebody asks a question about sex and people start talking about light bulbs.
--nj

CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk »

lol, that was random....
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

speaking of sex and light bulbs, i read a story about a girl masturbating with a test tube in science class and when the teacher came she closed her legs and yea, well.....um.....ouch......

Sometimes there are many many points of a debate, would you really want people to create a new topic for every point? I understand staying with the main topic, but if everyone gives their opinion on the exact same topic over and over it gets redundant, so sometimes discussing one part of the post keeps posts shorter and takes less space, but yeah it makes more sense to reply to the first post and not all the posts below it.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Yes, much smaller community, and one not based on helping people. We help people if they need it, and help each other with their problems, but we did not come together for the main reason of helping people.

I dunno though, I tend to think that people's questions get answered usually in the first few posts, and then as other viewpoints come in, there will obviously be a debate about it, and I think it's fine to debate. This may (and probably is) just me, but if I were coming here looking for help, and people gave me their opinions, and then there was a debate, I would enjoy the debate more than the opinions because I would learn the motivations for the beliefs. That's probably just me though <_< .

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.