New Forum Software - Questions And Answers

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Skye
Veteran

Re: New Forum Software - Questions And Answers

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by She@Aug 20 2003, 01:47 PM

We couldn't delete posts with the old version, could we? If we could I was completely in the dark about it because I kept on looking for and being disappointed by the lack of that feature.
No, you couldn't delete them because I didn't want moderators to be able to delete posts. We wanted them all moved to "TeenHelp Recycle Bin." There is to be no deleting of posts. In fact, if that's enabled, you all will lose that ability in about five minutes.

As for the online/offline feature. Just wait. I havn't had time lately.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

we all need to stop this. Yes there are new and different things. Give the admins time to change it before you just jump on and start your bitching.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
*Miss*Priss*
Loyal

Post by *Miss*Priss* »

i do like the controls at the top & the couldnt you get a new color b*sides blue well all blue any way like all diff. colors raainbow or a couple colors or summin like that?? i mean i dunno but its been on there 4 ever & i didnt really like the banner & the thing where ya cant C whos on & offline
*As we grow up we learn that even the person who wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken- probably more than once & it wont be any easier the second time. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for something your old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast & you'll eventually lose someone you love. It's life...so live it to the fullest...fall in love, get hurt,take chances,& have no regrets!* Danielle*
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hey, could you put the status back on to the persons reply thing...like if they are offline or online, that way people know if they are online or offline inorder to pm them...

thanks for listening...

whats your opinion?
Teardrop
Loyal

Post by Teardrop »

You're about the four hundredth person to ask this. Patience is a virtue.
i watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

that's my dream, that's my nightmare.

crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

merged another post from suggestions to do with the online/offline features
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Originally posted by Jaegermeister@Aug 20 2003, 05:57 PM

we all need to stop this. Yes there are new and different things. Give the admins time to change it before you just jump on and start your bitching.

TJ
We're NOT BITCHING. We're just discussing things we don't like or would like to see changed. Nobody's going, "HEY! DO THIS NOW!" It's just a discussion about the features.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
liquidlime
Loyal

Post by liquidlime »

Originally posted by She@Aug 20 2003, 01:47 PM

We couldn't delete posts with the old version, could we? If we could I was completely in the dark about it because I kept on looking for and being disappointed by the lack of that feature.
I deleted a couple posts before, not like the start of the thread, but if you were the last person to post you could delete it.
<span style=\'color:orange\'Reality is the original Rorschach.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

merged everything from the "The "new" Th " to this one with changed topic title for ease of understanding
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Dream@Aug 21 2003, 07:42 PM

how the hell did this get here?? i made it my own topic???
They were merged because there were tons of topics on the same thing, a waste of space! Calm Down!
--nj

elizabeth
Loyal

Post by elizabeth »

I love the new look for Teenhelp, but whenever reading someone's post it used to say whether or not they were "online." Now it doesn't say that anymore, and I thought that was an important feature. The only way we know if a member is signed on now is if we go to the Support Groups home page, or scroll to the bottom of a forum. Is there anything that can be done about this?
"Unbeing dead isn't being alive." -E. E. Cummings

"Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself." -Alfred Sheinwold

THE SERENITY PRAYER

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change... the Courage to change the things I can... and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Amen.
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

I think it was one of the add-ons that that hasn't been re-added yet. Give staff a while to get everything (or well, most of it) working the way it used to do :)
fightforjay99
Loyal

Post by fightforjay99 »

thnx rob that was one thing that bothered me as well
Bite ME im a tormented individual

whats one more fall when ur me whats one more skinned knee to bleed

Open your eyes and find urself. Before u decide where u belong decide if that is the only place u want to hide. A place to hide and to dry all the tears away
whats one more place flee
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

i miss the online / offline status..i mean if someone posted in your topic or in another topic then you could always pm them if they were online...now you don't know if they are online or not, so i don't pm...i hope it comes back
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

merged another thing on the online/offline topic
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner