Jobs.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Jobs.

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Yo guys...

It's that time in my life where I think it's time to get a job..

The question is...where?

I want a job that pays decent, I know I don't have any experience. But what kind of places hire high school students...like what can they expect from a highschoolstudent with no past work?

Like..and a super markets?

Fast food places?

Walmart?

All ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated...

and..would they make me cut my hair?
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: Jobs.

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by NunchakuSteve@Nov 22 2003, 11:14 AM

I want a job that pays decent, I know I don't have any experience.

This is not realistic.

You would start at the very bottom with minimum wage unless you are one of the lucky ones. If you go to a place like mc'd's you will start minimum wage doing shit work, but move up and depening how far you go, you can even become a franchise owner.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

Gross...though it IS a possibility..thanks
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

Jobs around here are hard to find, just because this place is so small. I too am looking for a job.
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...
xolilsk8rchicaxo
Veteran

Post by xolilsk8rchicaxo »

mm i just quit McDonalds after working there for 2 days... it was soo gross
I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I live in the middle of no where so i have to get a job at a restuarent so dish washing is horrible! :(

but there are many places where you could work...i mean any place, even a house, you could get a job about! :)
chad
Loyal

Post by chad »

I'm working at Domino's Pizza now.. ...

it's not bad at all and it's a VERY easy job. I do driving (18+) which averages out to be about $13-14/hour for me (5.15/hour + $0.16/mile + tips)..

inside people get $5.15/hour here (minimum wage) but can also get some raises.

every person that works as an insider except for 1 is between 15-18 years old..

plus there are really good discounts on pizza..

i did Pizza Hut for about a week, but it was WAY too gross for me.. so i went back to Domino's for now.

good luck on whatever you decide to do ;)

I think as long as you like whatever job you are doing, or at least try to, it won't be as bad...

or think about it positively even if it's not the best job.. just think about the people that are unemployed and can't find a job....

once you gain some experience you will have a lot more choices..

just go around and apply to a lot of places, even if you know that they probably won't hire you..

you never know what might happen :)

also, one thing that helps is if you have ever done any volunteering. or doing anything like working in the school office. make sure you put it all down on applications/resume. makes it look a lot better ;)
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Post by NunchakuSteve »

heh...I'm like volunterr man!

3 years of church camps senior counsellor

i can speak french

...chruch dinners...

Ive babysat
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

try your favorite stores, like music stores, clothes stores, wally mart, target, if you want apply at fast food, but that seems kinda....gross...lol my friend worked at bill millers and she quit the same day.
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

I worked as a lifeguard this summer ($5.70/hr for shallow water (since I 'm 15). I had to quit work for band, but I recently started, well need to start searching for jobs for the second semester. Umm, you could look, at resturaunts, or like an Office Supply store (I hear they pay pretty well to start out), umm, maybe a department or clothing store...I know a lot of people that work at like, Marble Slab and Baskin RObbins or pet stroes...And, I don't know if you'd have to cut your hair....it just depends on the dress code for that place.....hope I helped some....
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

yeah some places might require clean cut hair, short hair or something, i know alot of places dont allow body peirceing on the face, so it just depends where you go
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme »

At a cafe? an ice cream shop? lol i dunno. I'm looking for a job also.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus
trucks
Loyal

Post by trucks »

I have three jobs. :rolleyes: :D

But the arent like every week.

1.) I cut grass, shovel snow, and manual labour. $10 a cut $5 a shovel and depends

2.) I work for my dad building my invention for big trucks and trailers.(to complicated to describe) I assemble them. 12.50 and hour.

3.) i Work the odd week at Kadey Kranes. I ddrive with Al in a large truck with a crane delivering shit. 100 a trip. 6am - 11 pm

but i want to work at the pumps. for now when i turn 16. I also am a half decent mechanic at 15 so i'll for a job there.

If your 16 try the pumps. pay better that mc dicks and you have to but a pump in a hole press 3 buttons and carry a card to the store. and carry it back.
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

I suppose you're too young to become a contract killer...

If you live in the country near a feedlot, apply there. They pay well. You get used to the manure, too.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

I had a summer job as a junior camp counseler ( I assisted senior counselers in babysitting 5-10 year olds at an overnight camp).

Right now I work at the barn I ride at. I work 3 hours on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I pick up horse poo and feed them lol... hehe.. Well I dont think you want to work at a stable.

But I am sure many places accept teens. Try being a sweeper at McDonalds or somthing. If you do a good job you might actually be promoted! :) Or target... walmart (I dont see many teens as staff there). Maybe you can help move stuff (like packages) at eckerds or CVS.
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
sand
Loyal

Post by sand »

Well my first job was a dietary aide at a nursing home. yeah sure washing dishes sucks, but its better than what the nursing aides have to wipe. I started at 6.50. then i moved and got a new job doing the same thing at another nursing home and started at 8.16 (only because i had three years of experance)
Wicked Juggalette~Blaze Twizid ICP Psychopathic Family~

We're not afraid to die because death is afraid of us

We're meaner than the devil, but we're someone you can trust

You're way to fresh for death to want you

with abilities and talents that no one could ever come close to
~Dark Lotus-Black Rain

I am slowly decaying form the inside out

<span style=\'color:red\'Gwen Stefani is hot
lil_blonde_chic14
Loyal

Post by lil_blonde_chic14 »

Walmart takes highschoolers well the one where i live nursing homes here let you work in the cafateria too good luck!!!!!!!!
Fuck da world eat mo' chicken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dont be up my ass cause if I

turn a corner your gonna break

your neck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im a newfound Lesbian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love Tiffany!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pm me if anyone needs to talk
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

Originally posted by OverDrive+Nov 22 2003, 03:24 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (OverDrive @ Nov 22 2003, 03:24 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-NunchakuSteve@Nov 22 2003, 11:14 AM

I want a job that pays decent, I know I don't have any experience.

This is not realistic.

You would start at the very bottom with minimum wage unless you are one of the lucky ones. If you go to a place like mc'd's you will start minimum wage doing shit work, but move up and depening how far you go, you can even become a franchise owner.[/b][/quote]

OD is quite the pessimist I see.

I got paid 9.50 and hour my first job, for teaching stupid gymnastic lessons.
There's always someone cooler than you
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

not the pesimist, but more so the realist. yes some get high paying first jobs... I got above minimum wage myself... but most people start out at the low end (which is perfectly fine and normal) and work their way up.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.