Why R U All Against Bush?

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

ice_princess
Loyal

Why R U All Against Bush?

Post by ice_princess »

i am too, i don't support war and stuff

but there must be a change in iraq. and how do u see it coming other then war?

do u realy trust this guy to let to be a democratic elections on his country?
"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it." - buffy ann summers
Dino
Loyal

Re: Why R U All Against Bush?

Post by Dino »

Just one thing simple:

If the UN did not declare war/sanction on Iraq, US should not do it alone. Why? because then it means that a world organization 200 (i think... cant remember the #) countries cannot stop US.

Its just not something of "trust"...

What else other than war? Let the UN decide.
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"
ice_princess
Loyal

Post by ice_princess »

"let the un decide" eh! the ppl in the un r not smarter or anything by anyone else, and if u don't support a cause u should do something against it and find other sulotions and don't let others do it for u.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

As Dustin said: He's a warmonger. He says whatever he thinks will get his popularity ratings back up (anyone see the State of the Union address? Has he ever even MENTIONED the environment or AIDS funding in the past? No.) He's only making the rich richer and doing nothing to help those that need it. He's his daddy's clone. He's a Republican. And he looks like a muppet.

Nah, he's actually not really that bad of a guy. I have a love-hate relationship with him. He seems like a nice honest guy, but he's Republican and he's a warmonger. So I'm in between. He is, however, on my People to Punch list. Along with Michael Paine from Designing for the Sexes, and about fifty million other people. :P
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

why'd you delete my post about loving dubya?
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

Being a major in Social Studies, I think it's about time someone is doing something about the war and terrorism going on. I don't wanna sit here and wait until we get bomb.....Good for Bush, he has my support.
ice_princess
Loyal

Post by ice_princess »

so how can u else fight terrorist?

try to talk them? THEY R NOT WILLING TO LISTEN!
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Originally posted by squee@Feb 13 2003, 09:16 PM

ack oneforhthemoney what are you thinking? i mean have you ever stopped to think and realized that the only terrorist group he is concerned with is in iraq? hmm thats NO coincidence is it..
That my friend is an inacturate and ill-informed statement, this is in no offence to your opinion though, we are still fighting the war on terrorism in Afghanistan deserts and out intelligence is searching for links of Al-Quita to places such as Iraq and Saudia Rabia, And it is not only because of terrorist links that we are presuing a war with iraq, Iraq is not complying with UN sancions and needs to, or the entire non-muslum world is in great and inimate danger.

-just to clear all this mess up-

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Originally posted by oneforthemoney@Feb 13 2003, 10:08 PM

Being a major in Social Studies, I think it's about time someone is doing something about the war and terrorism going on. I don't wanna sit here and wait until we get bomb.....Good for Bush, he has my support.
Agreeing with you one.... I'm a history minor (Linguistics major) and you can't let things like this fester. Kudos to Bush for having foresight.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx »

man...i dont hate him!! i looooooooove him. He's so little and cute and i just wanna squish him! but anyways...hahaha sometimes he can be retarded, but thats just cause he's from TEXAS. Come on...how could you not love him with that cute lil accent...?!?!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Originally posted by She@Feb 13 2003, 04:18 PM

As Dustin said: He's a warmonger. He says whatever he thinks will get his popularity ratings back up (anyone see the State of the Union address? Has he ever even MENTIONED the environment or AIDS funding in the past? No.) He's only making the rich richer and doing nothing to help those that need it. He's his daddy's clone. He's a Republican. And he looks like a muppet.

This is why i hate him to the point. Besides he dhould have NEVER won the stupid election. The people voted for Gore, but nnnoooo stupid electoral college, fucked everything up......

Bush is just lik ehis father, war war war "war solves everything" Fuck that, this is gonna be another vietnam war. most of the population are aginst it.

As for making the rich richer! WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT?!?!?! The rich have everything they want. now give money to the poor, and they will BUY BUY BUY BUY makign the eco better. Bush justs wants to be rich when he gets out of office, with al the new tax breaks hes giving the rich. someone gag me cause this fucker is fucked up!

*picks up a picket sign and starta a protest aginst the war*
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Yeah, Cindy I don't think that most of the population is against the war, I think it's just you see the Anti War people a lot more. I'm not exactly in favor of the war (ie I wish there were another way) but it's inevitable I think. I dunno... I am just like :wacko: over the whole thing. I don't know what to think really, I'm basing my opinion on what I know of history, and history says that a situation like this will most likely erupt into war. So I don't think Bush should be blamed for something that can't be prevented. I do think that he may be a bit extreme in pressing for the war, but I still admire his courage in pushing it, because I shudder to think of what Pearl Harbor will look like in 2003. I hate to say this about our country, but Americans are such isolationists. We have so much, we can survive on our own, and we are content to sit back and be oafish until we are attacked. I for one would like to see another attack on America be stopped, and I can't think of many ways to stop it. The only way I can think of is to kill the attacker before they attack you.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

cnn.com. There was an article recently about 8-9 million people involved in anti-war protests AROUND THE WORLD. This isn't just a protest against their government by the American people, this is a fight for peace. People all over the world hate America. Also, the Yellow Journalism of the American-Philippines war is probably very similar to fabrications by the American government and newspapers today. There are alternatives to war. I am not anti-military, just anti-war. The US government thinks that they/we are all mighty, and that's not true. Our country is not any better than the rest of the world just because people think we're more "civilized." How civilized is bombing innocent civilians to kill one man? We have the resources to find and kill Saddam, this war can be avoided. The US is going to be attacked if this continues. Don't be afraid to become educated, it's your right, and form your own opinions and stick to your values. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

68% of Americans are aginst the war. Its been on the world news dosens of times. inless they don't have their facts strait, well i highly doubt they have their info wrong....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

OKAY

Isn't it sad how people of the world want to SOLVE the world's problems and create PEACE by going to war to fight war? Isn't it sad that OUR peaceful way of preventing war is WAR? Have you watch documentaries about Afghanistan? All those innocent people who have no food, shelter, live in utter poverty while statistics say that every 1 out of 10 americans are fat.

Then everyone throws a big show about the people dying in the world trade centre attack - HELL OF COURSE ITS HORRIBLE....but what about those 10 000 people dying in one small country in africa every year....how about those milions of people dying of aids, dying of poverty? No one cares about them...and we want to make a difference in the world by killing innocent people that have no cooking clue what the war is about in the first place cause they have no tv, or radio?

something to think about...I dunno - war pisses me off, its overrated and its still the same...same as ol'hitler.
partykid12
Veteran

Post by partykid12 »

Because he is a moron who wants the media focused away from his failure as president and in view of a war we shouldn't start.
I used to get high on life until I realized it was cut with morons..
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Originally posted by DreamPixie@Feb 16 2003, 08:25 PM

Don't be afraid to become educated, it's your right, and form your own opinions and stick to your values. <3
My that sounds spiteful.

Again, I agree with One. Saddam is showing remarkable likenesses to Hitler, and history has shown what people like that do with power. He puts on a happy face, and can bow and curtsey and schmooze like the world leader he is, but underneath he is doing everything he can to make people believe he's not dangerous, when at the same time he is doing whatever he can to gain more power. I could write a dissertation on how remarkably similar Hitler and Germany in the 1930's and Saddam in the 1990's-2000's. I won't write them out here, but trust me on this.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
ice_princess
Loyal

Post by ice_princess »

dlt- r u for or againt the war? u've gotten me confused. :blink:
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

A bit of both. I don't think that the US should go to war alone against Iraq, but I think the UN should pass something more than inspections on Iraq, including war if necessary. I'm not sure how effective the UN is though. I do think George W. is on the right track for pushing this because he may seem to be a war mongerer (sp?), but I think ultimately his foresight will save lives. I certainly am not looking forward to war, but I got a hunch about 3 years ago that there would be something like this happening now (well actually it was supposed to be a bit farther in the future but oh well) by reading a book called The Fourth Turning by Strauss and Howe. Basically (along with another book) the theory of Strauss and Howe is that history moves in a circular path, ie turnings. The fourth turning is a crisis turning. So that indicated that we were leaving the third turning and going into the fourth one. So I don't think that Bush started this war, nor do I think he can prevent it, so I am not going to be critical of him for doing what he thinks is best for the country, because I would act similarily in the same situation.

Did I really answer your question? :lol:

Ok, simple version:

War in general: bad

War on Iraq: regretable, but probably will come to war.

US alone war vs. Iraq: Idiotic

UN war on Iraq: best situation for everyone.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.