A Few Thoughts About Teenhelp.org

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
dreamsofyellow
Loyal

A Few Thoughts About Teenhelp.org

Post by dreamsofyellow »

Ok, I'm sure this belongs in another forum, but since out of the three years I've been visiting this site, I have only been part of the "Sex, Sex, Sex" forum, I?m going to post it here. I think this site has really come down. I really wish that some of you would use the "search" function of the website. You guys ask the same questions over and over again. For example, "Is masturbation wrong?", "Do girls masturbate too?", "Why do you masturbate?"...and ongoing stuff like this, over and over again. The maturity of the people on this site has gotten very low. With the questions you ask, it?s obvious that most of you shouldn?t be doing the things you?re talking about. And there is so much wrong information going around. Almost half of the posts here contain wrong information. You shouldn?t answer something unless you?re sure you have the right information. I know that I'm going to get struck down a lot for saying this, but please, at least LOOK to see if anyone said the same thing to me that you're getting ready to say. I'll do my best to respond to any comments or questions.
iAmAStreaker
Veteran

Re: A Few Thoughts About Teenhelp.org

Post by iAmAStreaker »

I understand what you're saying.. It does get very annoying when people ask questions that have been asked many times before. But I completely disagree with you on the 'maturity level' thing. Everyone has a right to post and ask questions and you are no one to say that they 'shouldn't be doing half the things they post about'. It's their own business.
<span style="font-family:Arial"i'm sveta; pleased to meet you.
dreamsofyellow
Loyal

Post by dreamsofyellow »

Originally posted by iAmAStreaker@Nov 29 2003, 06:18 PM

I understand what you're saying.. It does get very annoying when people ask questions that have been asked many times before. But I completely disagree with you on the 'maturity level' thing. Everyone has a right to post and ask questions and you are no one to say that they 'shouldn't be doing half the things they post about'. It's their own business.

Vary true, it is there business. But the minute they post it on here, it becomes shared information. It isn't my business any less than it is the business of anyone else that posts here. They had their opinions, that is mine. If you tell them TO do something, you are just as much in the wronge and me telling them NOT to do something.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Maybe your maturity has just improved so the things they talk about seem immature but aren't really because you were once confused about them too!
dreamsofyellow
Loyal

Post by dreamsofyellow »

Sorry to be off topic, but have you ever really gone streaking? I have once at a party...definatly one of the funiest times of my life :dancing: ...you should try it

sorry to be off topic, especialy in my own topic
dreamsofyellow
Loyal

Post by dreamsofyellow »

Originally posted by coffeemonster@Nov 29 2003, 06:33 PM

Maybe your maturity has just improved so the things they talk about seem immature but aren't really because you were once confused about them too!

I also considered that before I posted... But the site has been like this for at least two years. It was more informative when I first started, not because I was less mature, but because of the fact it was simply more informative. When I first started, there were not as many posts about the same thing, but over time it has gotten worse and worse.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Hmmm, who was running the site 2 years ago.. hmmmmm.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

Just because you only claim to "belong" to the sex forum, does not give you the right to post off-topic threads here, neither does it give you the right to go off-topic in the thread. These are direct rule violations, please refrain from doing such things in the future, we are ALL required to follow the rules.

-FiZz

Moved from SeX to General
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by coffeemonster@Nov 29 2003, 11:56 AM

It has nothing to do with the fact that two years ago you had a large role in running the site. In no way is that related to the topic at hand or why we have questions being asked over and over. The reason we have questions being asked over and over is they're popular questions. The reason why there is so much more posts in the support groups than ever before is because "you and your running" of the site couldn't keep a database alive for more than six months. There was literally a 4 or 5 month life-cycle for the support groups, then everyone started over. If you had known what you were doing none of that would have happened.

By the way, 2 years ago, while you were "running TeenHelp" it was constantly on the bleeding edge of being ripped apart by internal politics. There was a new power struggle every month and everyone wanted a piece of the power pie. I don't consider your claims anything relevant, now, or ever.

dreamsofyellow, I do see what your saying. But it's not immaturity and it's not that we're doing nothing. I feel the site is still every bit as informative as it was when I joined TeenHelp over 4 years ago now. I do agree there is an overabundance of duplicate topics, but this really cannot be helped to any great effectiveness. People will always post new topics rather than search the forums for topics that could be months old.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Originally posted by coffeemonster@Nov 29 2003, 11:56 AM

Haha... deep breaths... just take deep breaths.

I thought about this a bit and what I've sorta come up with is that we've encouraged the site to be a "free site" where everyone can kick back and have a good time. So if someone needs a place to just hang out and take a load off, here's a place you can do that. Most of the time though, people aren't coming here to take it easy, people are coming here with questions they want answered. So in order to get out of this "chatty" mode in the forums, the Lounge and chit-chat were created to steer away all the 'fun' going on in the forums. Unfortunately, the problem still remains that people are getting for one, very personal with each other (therefore the rate of joking and fun with people is going up), and secondly, trying to take things very lightly when the questions people are asking, even as easy or common they may sound to us, are a serious matter to them. While we get the questions answered, there are often times we'll just go off on tangents and it becomes a chatty topic, even if it sorta relates to the original topic. This though I find mostly will happen only in the Sex forum. *shrug* Just my thoughts.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

PPP, you are way too logical.......lol. But I agree with PPP. I would've never thought to put it that way, but I totally agree.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

PPP, you are way too logical.......lol.
Haha, am I? I'm just explaining what I see. :D
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Woah, chill pill time.

I wasn't running the site 2 years ago, I can't remember who was. I think it was Branden in between administrators. I had it for the early part of 2001 but other people took over then.

Originally posted by Skye+Nov 29 2003, 07:13 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Skye @ Nov 29 2003, 07:13 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-coffeemonster@Nov 29 2003, 11:56 AM

It has nothing to do with the fact that two years ago you had a large role in running the site. In no way is that related to the topic at hand or why we have questions being asked over and over. The reason we have questions being asked over and over is they're popular questions. The reason why there is so much more posts in the support groups than ever before is because "you and your running" of the site couldn't keep a database alive for more than six months. There was literally a 4 or 5 month life-cycle for the support groups, then everyone started over. If you had known what you were doing none of that would have happened.

By the way, 2 years ago, while you were "running TeenHelp" it was constantly on the bleeding edge of being ripped apart by internal politics. There was a new power struggle every month and everyone wanted a piece of the power pie. I don't consider your claims anything relevant, now, or ever.

dreamsofyellow, I do see what your saying. But it's not immaturity and it's not that we're doing nothing. I feel the site is still every bit as informative as it was when I joined TeenHelp over 4 years ago now. I do agree there is an overabundance of duplicate topics, but this really cannot be helped to any great effectiveness. People will always post new topics rather than search the forums for topics that could be months old.[/b][/quote]
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by coffeemonster+Nov 30 2003, 03:47 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (coffeemonster @ Nov 30 2003, 03:47 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Skye@Nov 29 2003, 07:13 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-coffeemonster
@Nov 29 2003, 11:56 AM

dreamsofyellow, I do see what your saying. But it's not immaturity and it's not that we're doing nothing. I feel the site is still every bit as informative as it was when I joined TeenHelp over 4 years ago now. I do agree there is an overabundance of duplicate topics, but this really cannot be helped to any great effectiveness. People will always post new topics rather than search the forums for topics that could be months old.
Woah, chill pill time.

I wasn't running the site 2 years ago, I can't remember who was. I think it was Branden in between administrators. I had it for the early part of 2001 but other people took over then.[/b][/quote]

It doesn't really matter if the time frame doesn't fit exactly...the point still holds true.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
shadow soldier
Loyal

Post by shadow soldier »

Go write your message on the pavement.
Soul
Loyal

Post by Soul »

Originally posted by <unknown+Nov 30 2003, 10:19 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (<unknown @ Nov 30 2003, 10:19 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-dreamsofyellow@Nov 29 2003, 06:09 PM

The maturity of the people on this site has gotten very low.?

That's really funny considering your next comment had to do with streaking of all things.[/b][/quote]

I was thinking the same thing...
I had the notion that you'd make me forget the world...But your undecisive mind shows me that you are "just another guyl"...I had the feeling that those looks you gave me were real...What if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel...

But that day will most likely never come for me

And it's just my luck to end up getting stuck

... to everything you are...

<...The Spill Canvas...