Don't Want A Job.

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Amphiptere
Dedicated

Don't Want A Job.

Post by Amphiptere »

This summer my parents are trying to make me get a job. It'll be a job that involves selling stuff, but I hate calculating costs, ect. because I'm bad at Math. And with that kind of job you have to be tolerant and have good people skills. I have neither. Plus, having a job would greatly limit my free time. I'm going to High School next year where I'll be so overloaded with work I won't be able to have any free time. I want all the free time I can get while I still can get any at all. Having a job would make me so miserable. Summer is supposed to be a time to look forward to! Not a time to dread. I don't want to be unhappy getting up every day because I have to work at some crappy minimum wage job. How is selling stuff going to give me job experience? I want to be either a Comic Book Artist, Movie Critic, or Screenwriter. None of those jobs involve selling stuff! I already write plays for an acting group and I'm getting a musical based off a story I wrote. Isn't that good enough?

The only other option is for me to get my lisence and practice driving. Problem is, I'm scared to death of driving. I would not trust myself on the road for even a second. Sometimes I have to close my eyes so I don't freak out when it looks like another car is coming too close or we're not going to stop fast enough, ect.

How can I avoid doing this?
I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.