Orphanages

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
EvScenCe
Dedicated

Orphanages

Post by EvScenCe »

hey well im president of this club we have at school that helps orphan and foster kids and like we kinda need ideas for fundraising so if u have any ideas let me kno..thanks
You know if you died right now..i'd die too..i'd die too
Sam!
Veteran

Re: Orphanages

Post by Sam! »

I actually do, and this is one that could work. If you can get someone to either donate or find some way to buy a DVD Player, you could have a raffle... you figure if about 500 people will participate at a dollar each, you will make around 420 or so on the DVD Player, and you can donate the rest of the money to the orphanage. I think it's great that you want to help people, rock on.

Sammy
-Sam!
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

At my school people just walk around during lunch and ask people to donate .. then if they do they give them candy..

Also, we had a cancer relay.. it was so much fun.. You had to have teams of at least 6 ppl.. no more than 12 and someone on your team had to walk around the track at all times.. through out the night. They would have goofy things to sometimes... and different games and stuff for the people who were not walking on the track. Each member of each team had to raise $15 to be in the race.. I know we made over $1000.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Free_edge
Loyal

Post by Free_edge »

Sounds like you did the Relay for Life sexybabydoll... I strongly support that fundraiser and have done it several times myself.

Ok so... some ideas for fundraising (these are things I've done in the past that have actually worked, cause as much work as car washes are, they don't always make that much money),

- you could have a dance, the details are a little complicated at first, but if you charge $5 for admission, it gets a lot of money, if you get the word out and stuff, pm me if you want more details on how to make that happen, i've done that before

- i'm not sure if this could work at your school, but at my school we aren't allowed to wear jeans so some people talked to the administration and asked if it would be okay if people could wear jeans for one day if they paid $1 to do so and it went to the cause. I bet you're allowed to wear jeans at your school, but is there something you're not normally allowed to do (wear hats, have a cd player in study halls..etc) that could be negociated with the administration for one day?

-get all the people in your group to go through their things and have a garage sale

-do a bike-a-thon, walk-a-thon, jog-a-thon, or something else so you could get people to pay you a certain amount of money per lap around a track

-sell coffee/hot chocolate in the morning at school... you can really sell anythign but this is an example of something people would probably want, hot chocolate and coffee are inexpensive also so that would be good

-have a student vs faculty basketball/soccer/whatever sport your school likes game... charge admission. get the school to vote on 10 students, and 10 teachers to play in the game and then charge like $1 for people to attend

-have a change war. for each grade in your class set up a jar, have it out for each lunch period. each jar has a grade on it. people can put any change they have in the jar... each coin is worth it's value (penny=1, dime=10, etc). if a dollar is placed in the jar, it deducts 100 points. so some grades might end up with negative values. continue this for a week... at the end of the week, the class with the most points gets a free pizza party or something fun (take the money for the pizza party out of what you collected in the jars)

- have a poetry slam and charge admission... the people who want to read poetry can sign up ahead of time, for this one to work you have to have some free food to offer, that's why people will come, FREE FOOD, so advertise that part well.

if you need more ideas let me know, i'm big into this kind of stuff

GOOD LUCK
Kayla474
Dedicated

Post by Kayla474 »

This might work-get a food company to sponsor you and sell their food for money
EvScenCe
Dedicated

Post by EvScenCe »

thanks for all the ideas!