Science Troubles

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Sam!
Veteran

Science Troubles

Post by Sam! »

Okay so i'm in this wayyyyyyy hard science class this year. I used to be a straight A/B student, but now I'm really B/C and I had one D last quarter in Latin I. However, I need help... we're a week from the end of the quarter and I'm failing science. there is one test left that could bring me up to a D. I'm upset with this grade, and my parents are going to shoot me.... one D was bad enough. I did try hard in this class, probably could have worked harder, but honors classes are just so hard, and I have so many of them. How do I explain this to my mom and dad?!
-Sam!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Science Troubles

Post by SirPostAlot »

Honors Classes are hard...

Maybe the best thing would be to actually (i hate to say this) but to have a parent-teacher confrense...Ask your teacher to talk to you parents about the stuff in class and how they could help you better your studies at home. Doing this is very helpful because it will mean that your parents will be on your back to make sure that you are doing your stuff... This is what i would do...

~Jeff~
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey,

Just tell them that you can't do it. Some people aren't cut out for honors programs. Either that, or you could work harder.

I suggest that if you're having problems, you should ask to drop the class. There's no use in getting bad grades in hard classes.

Did you get the As/Bs in regular classes? Because if so, then it shouldn't be too hard for you to pull off some good grades in the honors program. Are you taking like AP or something like that?

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Draco
Loyal

Post by Draco »

Just tell em that you tried your hardest and that's what counts, you can't go past your limit...That worked on my parents..
Your life is only as good as you make it. The hardships of life will bring any of us to our knees. No matter how high-spritied, no matter how optimistic. It'll pull us down, drag us through the dirt. Our lives will feel empty and pathedic, we'll have everlasting sadness. Though we must wait it out, beacuse this is usaully only a temporary thing. You must keep faith in yourself, while keeping faith in others. Protect the ones that hold and love you, for they are the most important people in your lives

ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

I think that dropping the class is the best situation. That way you can redo it...sure it might be a hassle, but it is better than having an F on a transcript.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

They won't let me drop it... hmmm... I guess I just need to work harder. Thanks guys.
-Sam!
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

well considering there is only one week left there might not be enought time to get ur harde up. but study hard for that test see of there is missing work u can hand in and try to gt an extra credit and maybe ur garde will go up mpre. good luck.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea