Our Next

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

ToraToraTora
Veteran

Our Next

Post by ToraToraTora »

Canada is having an election. It will be on June 28th, from what I hear from insiders. Basically, there are 4 major parties. I use the term major very, very liberally, since really, only two parties have the chance of winning.

With Canadian politics, we vote for MPs, which determine the Prime Minister. We have the following candidates:

Bloc Quebecois - Gilles Duceppe

Conservative Party of Canada - Stephen Harper

Liberal Party of Canada - The Rt. Hon. Paul Martin

New Democrat Party of Canada - Jack Layton

Really, only those that can be considered contenders are the conservatives and liberals. So..who do you want as out prime minister?

I personally have to say Martin. I was a PC before my party dissolved into the conservatives. I cannot bring myself to vote conservative because of the leader (he engineered the alliance takeover, as i see it), so I will vote Liberal. Its a bad situation. You have the party i hate on one side, and the corrupt party i hate lsightly less on the other.

I refuse to vote NDP. Bloc I cannot vote for, because they only run in Quebec, and are, in my opinion, traitors.

Good thing provincially I may still vote for my beloved PCs.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Re: Our Next

Post by ToraToraTora »

Election is looking like it will be called on Sunday,for a June 28th election.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

I don't really care about Canadas prime minister but .. yeah goodluck canada.. :P
RIP Parsa<33
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Goddamn! Get a Liberal in there! I'm not from Canada, but I say that you guys should have a liberal prime minister! If only America could have that...:(

Cheers!

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@May 20 2004, 09:20 PM

Goddamn! Get a Liberal in there! I'm not from Canada, but I say that you guys should have a liberal prime minister! If only America could have that...:(

Cheers!

Jenna

We do have a liberal prime minister. I can't believe I'll end up voting for them. the liberals have fucked our country right up the ass. We have no worldwide respect, are in debt, granted, we always have been, and we've been making strides in the right direction. Remember..our liberals are not your liberals. Our old PCs were liek your democrats. The Conservatives are in betwee nyour demos and repubs.

Oh well, the PM is at least fiscally conservative...
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Update:

Election called for June 28th.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Well, lets hope you guys get a conservative. You guys really need one right now to bost that old economy of yours.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

Votin' for the Green Party. They are the only party that I support in the election, even though they don't have a hope of winning.

Still, I would be content if the conservative party won, because we need the liberal party monopoly of this country to be ended. Too bad the conservatives seem to want us to become simply another state of the US.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Wow, it's awesome how our candidate for the NDP claims to respect the elderly so much, then makes this comment on a weblog:

I would like to see Ken Nicol and Rick Casson (a.k.a the old men running for the Liberals and Conservatives) do tomorrow in my shoes ...

I dislike her because she is taking votes away from a good liberal, and putting in an ineffective conservative. Again.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

To the person who voted for layton: hippie.

*no disrespect intended*
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Hippie is not an insult Tora.
NAAM
Mau-Mau
Loyal

Post by Mau-Mau »

its the conservatives that r going to win for sure. I donno if you live in canada but there has been so many things against the liberals being passed around in the newspapers and stuff if anyone votes for them they r really going out on a limb.
Maur
Brad
Veteran

Post by Brad »

And the Liberals have won it again. But not without cost; it's a minority government.

It will be interesting to see if things change for Canada.
Democracy. It rolls off the tongue nicely. Better than others. I can say it, spell it, define it, but can?t admit to ever believing it. So convoluted has it become that it has mesmerized generations into a comma of perfect sublimity. You dance to the music of your youth, identify with your own memory, become a time capsule of numb comfort. And there, mired in the exhaustion of a life in progress, you surrender your right to question for the luxury of not being bothered.

- Matt Good
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

So, do Liberals or Conservatives control it now? There's no canadian news in America, so I have to rely on you guys. :detective:

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

Sir Winston Churchill