John Kerry

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

broken4ubyu
Loyal

Re: John Kerry

Post by broken4ubyu »

Kerry just plans to tax the rich more, which seems to be ok with everybody. Well, thats just stupid. The rich allready pay most of their income to taxes. You all seem to think that they dont earn their money, but they usually do. I would consider my family pretty rich, but my dad works his fingers to the bone for this lifestyle. For someone to just take that away because they think we dont need it is simply wrong.
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000+May 23 2004, 07:06 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (yoaliens3000 @ May 23 2004, 07:06 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'
Originally posted by Tree Fingers@May 23 2004, 07:41 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-yoaliens3000
@May 23 2004, 01:32 PM

im honestly starting to want kerry to win.? kerry plans to raise taxes, he has even stated that he would. no arguing that. raising taxes right after a war will cause inflation. he will ruin the economy.? i want him and every else to look like fools.

hahah. do you know anything about economics? The more money the government has to spend, the better the economy will be. For some reason, people don't understand that. When taxes are higher, people tend to make more money anyway.

obviously you dont. people get taxed more, they buy less. its as simple as that. look in the past when that has happened, expecially when carter did it. he caused inflation.[/b][/quote]

When carter did it it was after the vietnam war, gas prices were high as hell because of demand, and the realty market was preparing too crash. Look at an historical time line, at many times when taxes were high, and it depended where the money went, the GDP was at its highest, the poverty level was higher, and those at the top were making more money. That's why Clinton got 2 surpluses in his terms. The government had more money.
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Yes, under Bill clinton, the government took more of OUR hard earned money
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by broken4ubyu@May 23 2004, 09:58 PM

Yes, under Bill clinton, the government took more of OUR hard earned money

and didnt even spend it all. and then clinton cuts major goverment funded programs. he killed our military... we cant hardly take on a war on 2 fronts bc of him.

clinton and carter, i dont know which i would say is the worst president.
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Carter just gets a free ride through the history books because he was "a nice guy"

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Do you realize what you are saying about our military? We spend well more than twice any other country a year on our military, we are currently fighting 2 wars, as well as stationing troops in countless other countries (former yugoslavia, south korea, japan, saudia arabia, turkey, germany, and countless others) and we still can do this with volunteers. We are in no way in trouble due to Clinton's military cuts.

Why the hell can't we just establish a set tax rate. 1 set percent of taxation for all, rich and poor, of their income. Still provide for deductions such as dependants and charity work, but wouldn't this stop most of the fighting between classes and allow for the government to get the amount of money it needs?
NAAM
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

RIP Parsa<33
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

How about you check out these sites:

http://www.greenleft.org.au/back/2004/571/571p16c.htm

http://www.govspot.com/know/militaryspending.htm

http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics ... ending.asp

wait and your saying we don't have enough money to spend on military? Uhhh.. No way.
RIP Parsa<33
Tifmonster
Loyal

Post by Tifmonster »

Do I agree with either Bush OR Kerry...

NO

HOWEVER, I would like to point out that Kerry is better than Bush... why?

Because Bush wants to take away personal freedoms.

I don't care about the war on Iraq... push that aside.. I have dealt with it enough in my own personal life, I have decided that the next president needs to be chosen based on something OTHER than the war on terrorism.

Bush is against choice... and against freedom. He lets his religion come into play over what is best for the country... that is wrong. Nobody should ever force their own beliefs on others... and Bush will continue to do this.

The NUMBER ONE reason that Bush cannot be elected this fall....

He will have control over three supreme court justices as three will most likely die or retire during this next term.

If Bush replaces all three with extremely conservative justices, which is most likely... then all freedoms will be taken away from the American people... including the right to choose an abortion, the right to civil unions, etc...

So please, I don't care how much of a douchebag Kerry is, vote for him anyways, so that we don't end up without freedom... we do not need the United States to become South Africa in the 70's... we do not need to see Brave New World's prophecy fulfilled in the future... we affect the future... vote for Kerry, no matter how much of a douchebag he is!
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

It doesn't matter. He'll be a better president than Bush.

I bought an "Elect Kerry shirt today!!!" HOORAY!

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

In my opionon... hes an ass... i dont think he will win....
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

im bumping this topic bc it seems like alot of people misunderstood what i said for some reason.

i never said we dont spend enough money on military. i said he killed our military. he downsized 1/3 of it during his presidency. he downsized our airforce and navy.

i read it in a book called "Dereliction of Duty: The Eyewitness Account of How Bill Clinton Endangered America's Long-Term National Security." i wish i could get my hands on that book so i can give you exact numbers, but i let my grandpa borrow is a long time ago and i havent got it back yet.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Yet we are still able to fight a war against the entire world now without that much of a problem. You do realize that we have an ungodly large army, correct? As in numerous times almost every other country's?
NAAM
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by four@Jul 22 2004, 03:56 PM

Yet we are still able to fight a war against the entire world now without that much of a problem. You do realize that we have an ungodly large army, correct? As in numerous times almost every other country's?

thats not true at all, we can hardly take on 2 wars.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

We are taking on 3 right now no problem. Iraq, Afghanistan, and the "War On Terror!"
NAAM
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Post by ToraToraTora »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000+Jul 22 2004, 02:45 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (yoaliens3000 @ Jul 22 2004, 02:45 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-four@Jul 22 2004, 03:56 PM

thats not true at all, we can hardly take on 2 wars.[/b][/quote]

thats because theyre being handled so piss poorly. Technically, you arent taking on 2 wars even, since combat has been declared over. You can't handle two aftermaths.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

HaHa! I just thought it was funny that my topic was still up here after me not visiting for the last 3 months. By the way...IM BACK.

**Edit: Violates HT SG General Rules #4 and 10.**

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol
four
Veteran

Post by four »

It was only 2 months.
NAAM
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

And I've been back one day and I already realize why I didn't come back for so long.

- Bill Clinton

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

-Irving Kristol