Comprimise Reached

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Comprimise Reached

Post by LedZep04 »

OH and thanks for trying to make things better. Too bad the Admins couldn't talk to us.
RIP Parsa<33
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by LedZep04@May 26 2004, 03:15 AM

OH and thanks for trying to make things better. Too bad the Admins couldn't talk to us.
I approved this and I said this is a viable solution to the issue

the admins are inundated with stuff to do and so forth. I asked him to post it
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

There used to be a lot of artwork and stuff in the Self Expression forum. People for the time being could use..

http://www.deviantart.com

People who write poems could use chicken soup for the teenage soul, they have a large forum on there.
poetic_queeny
Loyal

Post by poetic_queeny »

i reckon the whole self-expression forum should just be brought bacvk because its what ppl r used to!! god sake...dat aint a compromise...a cropromise offers summit the other side wants! aaaaaaaarrrggghh!!

well dat d end of dat i guess
When i cry i need you to wipe away all my tears....

Take away those fears....

and crush all bad i hear....

i am here to help...hannah_banana_sultana@hotmail.com if you need me...or email me on here :)

evrything you wana tell me will be respected and will be helped to the greatest of ability, and also the highest level of confidentiality
SpargoMn
Loyal

Post by SpargoMn »

I actually was going to post my new paintings but they stole my forum. I was proud of self-expression damn it, as the first moderator there I took a lot of pride, but now the hard work and creativity of many has been deleted without so much as a pm to me. I think this is a breakdown in communication, yes we could go to deviant art or post on our live journals or what have you but teenhelp is a comunity we ant to show ho and what we are, we like the people here and value their opinions to a degree so we want to sho it to THEM not to some random deviant art person I don't know. I think teenhelp needs to stop shrinking. rock on.

-Spargo
"You can't teach the heart logic, and you cant teach the mind love"

-Spargo

My LiveJournal
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

I think it's a really good idea. Not only will everyone get to post their poetry and artwork, people who need to hear something inspirational about a certain topic know where to go. If they want to hear something good, as in a poem or something, about relationships they can go into that forum.
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

y dont they do a different compromise... open ONLY the Self-Expression forum- leave the help forums to what theyre for, and have the self-expression forum for all poems etc. better compromise i think.... *pm's OD*
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

But self-expression helps you cope with your problems doesn't it? Therefore it's a legitamite idea, except they won't all be in one forum that's the only difference. You can still post your poetry or whatever and get it critiqued.

Myspace
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

I still want self-expression back.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Well, would you rather have this or no self-expression at all? Yeah, thought so...

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
broken4ubyu
Loyal

Post by broken4ubyu »

Id rather have all or none. These changes to teehelp really blow. Nice try with the idea though, but i don't think its a very good one
"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

- Bill Clinton

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans"

- Bill Clinton

Thats liberals for ya

THE MOST INTELIGENT THING I'VE EVER HEARD:

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."

-Irving Kristol
Eowyn
Veteran

Post by Eowyn »

I'm not even going to take the time to read all of this. Putting poems and stories in appropriate fourms before was wrong. They'd always be moved somewhere else. It's going to be difficult to even find the poems because people felt safe posting in self-expression and now that has been taken away. I'm sorry-but I don't see how any of this is going to work unless we get back our fourms...
Love is you

........ You and me

...............Love is knowing

...............................we can be

<3 Matthew McNeal<3

.oO sHeLlY Oo.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

Originally posted by OverDrive+May 26 2004, 01:58 AM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (OverDrive @ May 26 2004, 01:58 AM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-LedZep04@May 26 2004, 03:15 AM

I approved this and I said this is a viable solution to the issue

the admins are inundated with stuff to do and so forth. I asked him to post it[/b][/quote]

WAIT.. Last time I checked Doug was a member NOT A MOD OR A ADMIN. I hope you could read that good. If you are the one making the choices at least TELL US YOURSELF. If you are going to change the rules then say it yourself. Don't have other people do it for you. Look at the responses to this.. look at all the mods that even want it back. Do you not care about what we want on here? It's not the fact we want to chit chat but we met people there and made friends. We opened up from there, and many many people I saw posting in Chit Chat Forum also posted in other forums helping people. How could you tell me they didn't? I didn't see YOU going forum to forum helping now did I? I think you need to think about this and make a better choice for the people instead of what some little whiners that wanted more people to go to their forum? Let me guess it was religion forum! Hey speaking of religion why is that forum still there? I rarely see questions more debates if anything. So why don't you go take that off too? This is all so stupid. You guys really don't know how to make choices at all on here.
RIP Parsa<33
Eowyn
Veteran

Post by Eowyn »

I rarely see admin helping people...I guess for them its like communist rule-not teenhelp. They don't have to help because they're too busy editing posts and changing the site to make our lives miserable.

And I agree-we made a lot of friends in the lounge-just take a look at post history of those who post in there-don't tell me you don't see them posting somewhere else, because they do and you can't deny it...gah! I was expecting to get work done this block, but instead I've stayed on here fighting...

I thought we were adults...not childern-this makes me think of little three year olds. One steals something away the other has a fit. No one wins in the end normally. I'm really really upset and angry with all of this but can we PLEASE act like adults and try to reach a solution everyone likes and not one the admin think will work without consulting everyone else??
Love is you

........ You and me

...............Love is knowing

...............................we can be

<3 Matthew McNeal<3

.oO sHeLlY Oo.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

The point of getting the self expression forum back was so you all could post poetry and such and get it commented on by the other users - you're still getting that this way!! It's just different to what you're used to. It's just because it's changing and no one likes change.

If it's going to make your life miserable, I feel sorry for you.

Myspace
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by Eowyn+May 26 2004, 12:54 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Eowyn @ May 26 2004, 12:54 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'I thought we were adults...not childern-this makes me think of little three year olds. One steals something away the other has a fit. No one wins in the end normally. I'm really really upset and angry with all of this but can we PLEASE act like adults and try to reach a solution everyone likes and not one the admin think will work without consulting everyone else??[/b]

Then act like adults... so far all i see are children bickering about a change. Change is inevitable... get used to it. Remember how much bitching went on when we removed helplink? Hell I still get a few feedback requests asking where it went and shit.

<!--QuoteBegin-LedZep04
@May 26 2004, 12:48 PM

WAIT.. Last time I checked Doug was a member NOT A MOD OR A ADMIN. I hope you could read that good. If you are the one making the choices at least TELL US YOURSELF. If you are going to change the rules then say it yourself. Don't have other people do it for you. Look at the responses to this.. look at all the mods that even want it back. Do you not care about what we want on here? It's not the fact we want to chit chat but we met people there and made friends. We opened up from there, and many many people I saw posting in Chit Chat Forum also posted in other forums helping people. How could you tell me they didn't? I didn't see YOU going forum to forum helping now did I? I think you need to think about this and make a better choice for the people instead of what some little whiners that wanted more people to go to their forum? Let me guess it was religion forum! Hey speaking of religion why is that forum still there? I rarely see questions more debates if anything. So why don't you go take that off too? This is all so stupid. You guys really don't know how to make choices at all on here.[/quote]

Doug was a member and yes I asked him to post it and he even said that it was approved by the admins.... so if you look at it from this point of view - it's approved, an admin didnt remove this post, an admin commented on it saying he approved it, it just so happens that this admin has a full time job (where I am at right now) and a full time girlfriend (to whom I am seeing tonight) and still have enough time to A, setup better applications on teenhelp, B, add articles to the website, C, setup helpnet (YES HELPNET IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!), D, taking care of posts in my forums on the SG's, and between all of that, I lose sleep because of it. Last night I had 4 hours of sleep.... tonight, maybe the same.

When you are an admin of the site, you have different priorities, that's why there are moderators to help, that's why there are other admins to also do some of the work (THANKS SKYE for getting helpnet ready and the licencing donated for that ticketing system, Thanks Cindy, Skye, Dustin, Fizz for doing your best to keep the groups clean and hiring mentors for the groups)

The difference in being a member, mod, and admin is the priorities. If my priority was to help people, the chat woudl not be up, the site may not be up and the sg's wouldn't be up cause the site was down. My main priority is to keep the site UP AND FUNCTIONING, meaning all the applications TeenHelp uses up, running and in good condition. The 2nd priority is making sure that things get added to the main website, that items get updated/removed and that the site's navigation stays working properly. The 3rd priority is making sure we have enough moderators/chat ops... 4th is helping people

I wonder how long teenhelp would last if i concentrated on priority 4 first... probably would be down for a very long time.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

I was saying that if YOU and the other ADMINS were the ones that took down chit chat then you all should update on it yourself. If you had enough time to decide to take it down then you all should have enough time to let us know what the hell is going on. Ok sure you guys have different priorites but I didn't see doug take down chit chat. It was you and all the other admins that decided it so you all should be the ones telling us. It's like being a teacher that gives you an F on the test w/o a reason. You ask them why and they tell another student to tell you. Oh and don't call us children please :) We just want our chit chat back because you guys had NO GOOD REASON to take it away. So how about you give us a good damn reason why it's gone instead of some stupid bullshit answer.
RIP Parsa<33
LedZep04
Needs Another Hobby

Post by LedZep04 »

Oh and to everyone else obviously chit chat will never come back if you go up and read the post by overdrive.. this place pisses me off now. i bet a lot of people will stop coming here because of this. Not because chit chats gone but because of the way this was handled. You guys obviously don't know how to run this site right. You admins made a stupid stupid choice. Oh and btw I want the religion forum gone.. I think everyone should want it gone since it's pure drama. Go take a look at the first topic there.. wow it's drama.. what do you know?
RIP Parsa<33
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

LedZep... give it a rest. No where in there does Adam say that chit chat is not coming back. While he doesn't say that he has full intentions (or any) of bringing it back, he doesn't say that he's not. It's a change. Stop getting so hellbent on a freaking internet site. If you're so pissed off with the site, then leave. People here are acting like children, and you've got to remember, most here ARE kids. Teens are still kids. You aren't adults here.

Simply because you don't like the reason given doesn't mean it isn't justified. And this is not YOUR site. You are a user on this site and as such, you shouldn't be making such a big stink about a missing forum. You choose to come to the site and it's setup. If you don't like it... go elsewhere and stop complaining.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

Just let it rest people. If you don't like it, leave. If not, stay and stop complaining constantly. I'm getting tired of it...and to think I was the one complaining earlier. Lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!