Wma/mp3 Files

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

StressedOut
Loyal

Wma/mp3 Files

Post by StressedOut »

Ok a few months ago I posted a thread about how to convert WMAs to Mp3s. Emily referred me to Cheetah Audio Converter. It woorked fine. However, today I bought some WMA files on buymusic.com. When I tried to convert them to Mp3s it didn't work. I think there may be some kind of advanced security feature in these files. Is there a way I can alter these WMAs so they can be converted to Mp3s. Please hurry, I'm leaving on vacation on Monday and I want them on my Mp3 player by then.
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
Skye
Veteran

Re: Wma/mp3 Files

Post by Skye »

These files have digtal rights management. To remove it is illegal.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

so its impossible to make those mp3s

shit!
big_johnson
Loyal

Post by big_johnson »

Possible, yes.

Illegal, yes.
"Others who broke my heart. They were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

Lying close to you feelin' your heart beatin. And Im wonderin' what you're dreamin. Wonderin' if its me your seeing. Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever!

"Take time with a wounded hand cause it likes to heal"

-Nirvana
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

are there any other free programs that could do it?
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Doubtful, they have licences inside the files. Not worth trying!
big_johnson
Loyal

Post by big_johnson »

The utility is out there somewhere. Someone....somewhere has made one just for this. Its just finding it.

for now you can try searching on google for like WMA to MP3 Converter

However, Im not responsible if you get in trouble. This is your choice.
"Others who broke my heart. They were like northern stars, pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."

Lying close to you feelin' your heart beatin. And Im wonderin' what you're dreamin. Wonderin' if its me your seeing. Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together. I just wanna stay with you in this moment forever!

"Take time with a wounded hand cause it likes to heal"

-Nirvana
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

if you'll read my first post big johnson, you'll see that i said i have an audio converter. it's just that these particular WMA

s wont convert
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

The irony is...this is what you get for buying/downloading your music legally online.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

youre right

im better off using kazaa
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Yes, you are. And there is got to be another program out there that can break the encryption so that you can convert it, that is what you need to find... It will be difficult like everyone said though.
NAAM
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

well my songs are now in the hand of my computer-whiz friend and im sure he'll be able to convert them either by program or by burning them onto a CD

see you all on Jun.29!
Hezichia
Loyal

Post by Hezichia »

This is a little late, but I was wondering if It would work. I haven't tried buying any WMA files with digtal rights management but was wondering if you could use the simple and cheap trick of a Double Male (I think male) ended plug. From the line out to the line in. Just record your line in while playing the Line out. The cord is a couple of Bucks from Radio Shack, but may take a little longer than a converter....
I hail the bunny!

Oolong!

"I don't care if there are no user serviceable parts inside... I'm going in..."

-- Greeps

When attempting something never done before there will always be critics who say it can't be done. For if everyone agreeded it could be, somone would have already done it.
xwin

Post by xwin »

Originally posted by Hezichia@Jun 27 2004, 08:14 PM

This is a little late, but I was wondering if It would work. I haven't tried buying any WMA files with digtal rights management but was wondering if you could use the simple and cheap trick of a Double Male (I think male) ended plug. From the line out to the line in. Just record your line in while playing the Line out. The cord is a couple of Bucks from Radio Shack, but may take a little longer than a converter....
That reduces the quality extremely, as you are re-recording the file from an analog stream. You will also lose all panning/positioning effects in the songs.