Fahrenheit 9/11

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

spatulaoflove
Veteran

Fahrenheit 9/11

Post by spatulaoflove »

I saw it tonight, and basically cried the whole time. I personally thought it was amazing. Micheal Moore, i felt didn't really go as far as he could on the Bush bashing but really made it emotional. He respected the soldiers and basically let Bush speak for himself. I feel changed :)

Even if you are pro bush, go see it it's interesting different point of veiw, things you don't see before.
love,

Teal, the magical lute playing elf
ToraToraTora
Veteran

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11

Post by ToraToraTora »

Even though I do agree withBush on some points, i really like moores work. So I will probably go to se eit, imo.
Wheee. I'm Hyper-Emo.

ΔΦ of ΔΚΕ #981 Class of 2004

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Sir Winston Churchill
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

i want to see it. im just wondering what he has to say. michael moore himself isnt that bad. i saw bowling for columbine, he makes some good points. and i like how he treats people, i honestly thought someone like him would treat people like shit judging by all the hype and stuff he got. he seems like a good person.

then again it seems like moore is making money off the misfortunes of others. also, he is a 320 man who takes about the evils of overcomsuption. he speaks of himself as a poster boy for the working class, but the man had a million+ dollar home, sents his kid to a private school, and has alot of luxoryes. who would beleive a man who thought nader would win last years election.

also a big problem with his movies is he splices the the footage to make the people say what he wants them to say which totally takes away from the credibitly of his movie. the man misleads his viewers.

excuse me if i made an spelling or grammer mistakes, im tired
spatulaoflove
Veteran

Post by spatulaoflove »

well i went in skeptical and stayed skeptical throughout the whole thing and loved it. He really respected MOST people. I thought it was funny too
love,

four
Veteran

Post by four »

I really do hate the way he puts togther his movies. In Bowling for Columbine for instince he made up a whole speech of Charleston Heston's by just combinging previous speeches and tried to pass it off as something he was saying. He does not make documentaries, you need to tell the truth for it to be a documentary.
NAAM
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

I just saw it today, and I believe that it is more anti-war than anti-Bush. I thought it was put together much better than Bowling for Columbine. There was less of him and his talking than in BC, he just let the people speak for themselves. The woman next to me started crying (as I'm sure many did) when the woman was talking about her son who died in the helicopter crash. Everybody, and I mean everybody, in the theater (which was 95% full on a saturday afternoon) applauded when it ended and I heard many people say that they decided not to vote for Bush because of the movie.

Regardless of his methods, whether you like him or hate him, he is very effective. I knew much of what he said already about the Patriot Act and a bit about Bush's past, so I can say that those things were truthful. It was a very powerful documentary and it could have a profound impact on the election in November.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I thought Bowling for Columbine was pretty shitty work for the most part. Espectily how the whole state of Michigan was protrayed in it. Being brought up in Michigan it really offended me...

I really can't wait to see his newest movie though. But i'm not spending 8 bucks to see it, wait tillits in the cheap flicks or out on DVD.

Cindy
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Wow, 8 bucks? I wouldn't spend 8 bucks on any movie.

Sorry, just had to put that in there...

Doug
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

what people dont know, is most of that stuff he talks about isnt the truth. the media doesnt care to address the credibility of the film. everyone is agiasnt bush. the media controls the whole election. get the media to say bush is good, everyone will believe that. get the media to say bush is bad, everyone will believe that. i love our country.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hey,

I totally want to see it. I can't wait to see some good old fashioned Bush bashing! :)

Michael Moore is an amazing guy. I saw him speak in LA, and I loved it!

what people dont know, is most of that stuff he talks about isnt the truth. the media doesnt care to address the credibility of the film. everyone is agiasnt bush. the media controls the whole election. get the media to say bush is good, everyone will believe that. get the media to say bush is bad, everyone will believe that. i love our country.

That is not true at all. Everything Mr. Moore says is that truth. And hey, it all makes sense too. Why won't you accept it?

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. Not everybody is against Bush. Only to people who see through the un-biased media and the ones who realise what his intentions ACTUALLY are.

(edited for bbcode help :D)
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Jun 27 2004, 01:22 AM

Hey,

I totally want to see it. I can't wait to see some good old fashioned Bush bashing! :)

Michael Moore is an amazing guy. I saw him speak in LA, and I loved it!

That is not true at all. Everything Mr. Moore says is that truth. And hey, it all makes sense too. Why won't you accept it?

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. Not everybody is against Bush. Only to people who see through the un-biased media and the ones who realise what his intentions ACTUALLY are.

(edited for bbcode help :D)

you honestly dont think the media hate bush? how our economy is doing great is no where in the news. how the UN did a report that said iraq shipped out their WMD was no where in the news. those are just 2 examples that have happened lately.

lmao everything moore says is the truth? thats exactly it. no one cares to address the credibitity of the film. not even you. its just amazing, people where clapping during the film and crying. amazing. he sure is correct when he said that americans are ignorant and stupid.
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Originally posted by spatulaoflove@Jun 26 2004, 01:59 AM

I saw it tonight, and basically cried the whole time. I personally thought it was amazing. Micheal Moore, i felt didn't really go as far as he could on the Bush bashing but really made it emotional. He respected the soldiers and basically let Bush speak for himself. I feel changed :)

Even if you are pro bush, go see it it's interesting different point of veiw, things you don't see before.

I almost cried - with some of those scenes I covered my eyes and gasped. But the movie itself was so captivating, and it revealed so much. The part where the second congressman was asked to send his kids to Iraq and he looked like "Who the fuck are you kidding?!"

I really hope that other people were touched by this like my grandfather and I were when we saw it. It was just amazing. I can't say "good" or "bad" because it was such a POWERFUL movie. I can say positive, but not "good", because that word just doesn't fit. It was a very powerful portrayal of some things we needed to know. And it IS true, stop arguing Bush supporters.

Anyone who is going to vote should go see this first. That means you too, Republicans.
-Sam!
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

First of all, YoAliens3000 (I'm going to call you YA just because it's shorter ;)), I have seen numerous reports by the media about how well the economy is doing. I don't know what you're watching, but I suggest you change the channel because the media is talking about things that are pro-Bush. I don't know why you're not seeing it. Maybe you're not watching enough of it? *shrugs*

Also, YA, many of the things that Moore talks about in this movie are true. They are backed up by a great many newspaper reports, paper documents, and books by bipartisanly accepted authors (ie: Nat Hentoff). Regardless of his past, this movie is very factual and there are few, if any, factual flaws in it.

Doug
rockerchick
Loyal

Post by rockerchick »

I, personally, despise politics. Because it just gets people into huge arguments and they end up hating each other for stupid reasons. But anyway, I don't like Michael Moore either. By making this movie he is proving that american's are ignorant and are basically sheep. If one tells them something, they will all follow. He's trying to sway the votes in november so that Bush doesn't win based on a stupid movie. (not claiming that the movie is stupid, just saying that a movie is just a "thing") People don't seem to see how he cuts the clips so that people come out saying something that they didn't mean at all. And, actually, I did like Bowling for Columbine. But since I hate politics, I haven't really paid attention to what's going on. (besides the obvious stuff like 9/11, and the war in Iraq) and so I don't really see why people hate Bush. And now i know people are going to say "see this movie and you'll understand" but I'm not going to be a sheep and believe whatever the f*** comes out of that man's twisted brain. Ok, I think i've said enough. I just wanted to say my opinion too.
Sometimes you're the dog...sometimes you're the hydrant

~*~Katie~*~
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by rockerchick@Jun 27 2004, 12:41 PM

But since I hate politics, I haven't really paid attention to what's going on. (besides the obvious stuff like 9/11, and the war in Iraq) and so I don't really see why people hate Bush. And now i know people are going to say "see this movie and you'll understand" but I'm not going to be a sheep and believe whatever the f*** comes out of that man's twisted brain. Ok, I think i've said enough. I just wanted to say my opinion too.

Well, maybe if you paid attention you would understand why so many people despise Bush.

It really irritates me when people make these political statements without knowing much about what's going on (not paying attention) or make statements about a movie such as this without seeing it. If you're not willing to pay attention and keep yourself informed, you should keep your opinion to yourself.

Doug
spatulaoflove
Veteran

Post by spatulaoflove »

Originally posted by rockerchick@Jun 27 2004, 05:41 PM

I, personally, despise politics. Because it just gets people into huge arguments and they end up hating each other for stupid reasons. But anyway, I don't like Michael Moore either. By making this movie he is proving that american's are ignorant and are basically sheep. If one tells them something, they will all follow. He's trying to sway the votes in november so that Bush doesn't win based on a stupid movie. (not claiming that the movie is stupid, just saying that a movie is just a "thing") People don't seem to see how he cuts the clips so that people come out saying something that they didn't mean at all. And, actually, I did like Bowling for Columbine. But since I hate politics, I haven't really paid attention to what's going on. (besides the obvious stuff like 9/11, and the war in Iraq) and so I don't really see why people hate Bush. And now i know people are going to say "see this movie and you'll understand" but I'm not going to be a sheep and believe whatever the f*** comes out of that man's twisted brain. Ok, I think i've said enough. I just wanted to say my opinion too.

He's not turning people into sheep, he is letting people make decisions for themselves and if they choose to be a sheep it's still their decision. If you decide not to see this movie because of the sole reason that you don't want to be a sheep, then your just proving what Moore is saying about being ignorant. Also you can never NOT be a sheep because you always follow someones steps in some way or form
love,

Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

Of all of the people commenting here, who the hell has actually SEEN it. Because there is only one vote in BOTH "I've seen it" categories, and that was ME. If you haven't, you really don't know what you're talking about, so shut up.
-Sam!
o1lucky132005
Loyal

Post by o1lucky132005 »

I really want to see this movie, but I'm getting really frustrated because it's not playing anywhere near where I live. I think that I will really like this movie because I definitely cannot stand Bush and can't wait to see him lose the presidency. Even if this movie isn't anti-Bush, someone said that it is anti-war, which makes me want to see it even more. I'm eagerly awaiting Farenheit 9/11's arrival to a theater near me, I'll be the first in line to see it!
Sweet dreams!

"It's amazing the things you realize when you lose someone: you get mad at yourself for not saying the things you could've a million times, you take for granted the days spent doing nothing when you could have been with them. Anyone can be taken, at any time in our lives, but we always wait until they're gone to say the things we never had the courage to before." -Unknown
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

I have seen it, but I voted before I saw it. :bag:

Doug
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by Samz@Jun 27 2004, 02:36 PM

Of all of the people commenting here, who the hell has actually SEEN it. Because there is only one vote in BOTH "I've seen it" categories, and that was ME. If you haven't, you really don't know what you're talking about, so shut up.

nu uh. you shut up.

you dont need to see a movie to know what its bout. you can honestly probably find a whole transcript of it online. all of the reviews. all of the websites alot it. even tho i havent seen it(though i really want to), im educated on it. im not saying im educated more then anyone else.