Quick Summer Job

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

Quick Summer Job

Post by Trapped »

Does anyone know of any summer jobs that are still hiring, or around what field(s) I might look into for that? I need a second job where I can work about 4 days out of the week from about 4 to close. If you have any information/suggestions, thanx; If not, thatnx for taking a look... :)
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
Pariah
Veteran

Re: Quick Summer Job

Post by Pariah »

Fast Food places or

Babysitting?

Thats all i can think of...
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Try Target, they are always hireing...
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Originally posted by Cindy@Jun 29 2004, 02:55 AM

When you first start there what do they hire you as? Cashier or are you on floor?
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

Originally posted by SexyMandy+Jun 28 2004, 09:16 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (SexyMandy @ Jun 28 2004, 09:16 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Cindy@Jun 29 2004, 02:55 AM

When you first start there what do they hire you as? Cashier or are you on floor?[/b][/quote]

Ive got a friend who works at target. He started out stockin shelves and baggin items. Somethin about stayin the hell away from the money..lol
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

*crinkles eyebrows*?? :huh: What's the money thing? he didn't want to make much, or want to be in charge/dealing with it? Is there....can you...want to start/stay on the floor/stocking jobs cuz you don't really want to interact with ppl, and you like keeping things neat?

Oh, btw, my mom doesn't think I'll have "time" for a second job. But all I do is waist time, b/c I can't....I don't....do anything anyway when I could be...but I'm...lazy I suppose. I can work 3-4, 5 if I have to, days out of the week from about 4 to close. Any suggestions? Thanks.

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

jess_617
Veteran

Post by jess_617 »

if you were talkin to me...they made him wait to do register so he wouldnt steal any...they were very distrustful.

if you werent talking to me then ignore this post its invisible... haha
Hey everyone. Im around here alot so if anyone ever needs a chat feel free to PM me or add me on Yahoo, AIM, or MSN. I'll do my best to help. <3

Jessi's Myspace...add me if you want..i have like 3 friends on there. lol
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

haha...jess your funny! :P

But i would try fast-food...they are always looking for new people becuase people are always quitting...haha...expecially Burger King and McDonalds...haha

~Jeff~
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

I can't work fast food, and if department or grocery, I'd prefer...not sales associate...:shy: Thanx.

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

Originally posted by SexyMandy+Jun 28 2004, 11:16 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (SexyMandy @ Jun 28 2004, 11:16 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Cindy@Jun 29 2004, 02:55 AM

When you first start there what do they hire you as? Cashier or are you on floor?[/b][/quote]

They hired me as a cashier. Now i'm like 90% cashier (only CLOSING cashier), 7% pharmisy tech and 3% floor. You can pretty much choose what you want, and always put in a app, they will never say they are hiring but will hire you if you seem good enough.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Ok. Thanx. Do they have flexible hours? What if I can't work b/c of other activities. At the waterpark I work at now, we can find replacements if we need our shifts covered. Is there anything like that at Target, or does it vary by store?

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I'm not sure, if you get an interview, ask them. Iknow, we can have any day off we please as long as we have someone to cover our shift(s). fill free to PM me, I'm not always checking this topic...