In Our Profile Page

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Paris In Flames
Veteran

In Our Profile Page

Post by Paris In Flames »

Okay,

In our profile page, it says, "How did you find out about Teenhelp." But we're no longer TH...we're HT.

Just a suggestion to change it. Not that it matters to me, but if somebody had spare time and wanted to.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Nj
Veteran

Re: In Our Profile Page

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Jul 3 2004, 03:27 AM

Okay,

In our profile page, it says, "How did you find out about Teenhelp." But we're no longer TH...we're HT.

Just a suggestion to change it. Not that it matters to me, but if somebody had spare time and wanted to.

Cheers,

Jenna

i'm sure that problem will be fixed with the new forum script...

its funny how many things i caught right off that bat..

like the skin says 'TH-Blue.' o'course skye says its a waste of time to fix any 'o that cuz of tha new forum script coming out..

script = software [not really] but so you understand..
--nj

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Jul 3 2004, 04:27 AM

Okay,

Cheers,

Jenna
http://www.teenhelp.org

but yes, if that falls through we'll change it eventually
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Ah, that's good news. A lot of changes already had to be made, I think a thing like a profile addition can wait.

Maybe it could even be disabled if people are really noticing small details like that.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

To everyone:

Wow, some people are too observant. We're going to fix all of those things when we upgrade to the new forum software. There will be numerous changes that you can nitpick at when that comes to pass, but until then I've changed the text to "How Did You Find Out About Us? Was it a search engine, a friend, a teacher, a parent? Let us know here."

Please note that I was not saying anyone here is a pest by being observant. I'm just a little annoyed at the moment that it matters so much. In any case I have made the requested change as it was as easy as logging into the ACP (Admin Control Panel).

kneesofmybees:

I told you that because it requires numerous changes that I find a waste of time since we'll be changing the entire forum software to a new version with a new version of our site style adapted to the new software. It is just pointless to add any more skins, and add the welcome bar to it and our users online legend and make changes to the names of the skins in the ACP as well as change directories to reflect this new name in the ACP. We will get around to renaming these styles if in the event we can't get the TeenHelp.org domain back, but at this moment it seems like a huge flop.

I?m positive that it will cause no grave harm to leave the styles named ?TH-blah? at this point. Yah it may be an annoyance to those who are as observant but it will be changed. Just not now or tomorrow or next week. It will be changed when the software reaches final release stages and we have been in contact with the donator of our site design on the matter. He does have other clients and does have a life of his own so I?d also like it known right now that as soon as v2.0 Final of IPB hits the downloads section of its site, please don?t post a topic saying ?Now can you change it??

I realize your intentions were "good natured" but posting it constantly is doing a lot more harm than good as it is distracting us from other issues that are far more urgent. Yes, you can rebut and say "It's only been two times, maybe three (tops)" but I am speaking for the past, present and future as I have direct control over when it (the transition) occurs and how it takes place.

To everyone:

Have a great day. :)
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

From the front page of helpingteens.org

"TeenHelp.org is becoming HelpingTeens.org. This is a switch that will take some time to work out the kinks (Such as the graphics on this site that reflect 'TeenHelp.org'. Please be patient with us as this was a move that had to have been made quickly due to the circumstances. For more complete information on the switch, please read the news article on our support groups."
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Removed

General Rule #11 - "No fighting in ANY forum; this behavior is strictly prohibited."

General Rule #12 - "Making a post that either bumps a topic or adds no new information to it will NOT be tolerated. For example Posting "I don't know what to tell you" or just "LOL" is not allowed. Another action that is prohibited is digging up topics that have long since died down unless you have something to add to them that is valid. The only exception to this rule is the Chit-Chat forum. The Chit-Chat forum is the only place you are allowed to do this. All topics that go too much astray from the original subject will be considered for trimming, moving or being split into two topics. If you have something to say unrelated to the topic, but want it to be said, please feel free to create a new topic in the appropriate forum."
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

kneesofmybees, I never said 5,000 times. I never attacked you. I calmly explained the situation. Get off your pedestal and get back on topic.

Paris In Flames, you have any more observations you'd like fixed?
HelpingTeens.org:

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Removed

General Rule #11 - "No fighting in ANY forum; this behavior is strictly prohibited."

General Rule #12 - "Making a post that either bumps a topic or adds no new information to it will NOT be tolerated. For example Posting "I don't know what to tell you" or just "LOL" is not allowed. Another action that is prohibited is digging up topics that have long since died down unless you have something to add to them that is valid. The only exception to this rule is the Chit-Chat forum. The Chit-Chat forum is the only place you are allowed to do this. All topics that go too much astray from the original subject will be considered for trimming, moving or being split into two topics. If you have something to say unrelated to the topic, but want it to be said, please feel free to create a new topic in the appropriate forum."
--nj

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Originally posted by kneesofmybees+Jul 3 2004, 04:09 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (kneesofmybees @ Jul 3 2004, 04:09 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Skye@Jul 3 2004, 04:56 PM

kneesofmybees, I never said 5,000 times. I never attacked you. I calmly explained the situation. Get off your pedestal and get back on topic.

Paris In Flames, you have any more observations you'd like fixed?

fix your attitude skye. i think you've crossed a line.. I've respected you throughout and not been on a pedestal...

reminder.

4. There will be no disrespect to others including but not limited to: Users, Administrators, Moderators, Super-Moderators, or anyone on these forums. This also means no pointing fingers. If you do not agree with the persons' opinion, you are expected to be open-minded and courteous to them.

- take down the banners page, i'm sure it doesn't take a lot of effort to remove one link from an page.[/b][/quote]

1.) Get back on topic.

2.) Temporarily, sure...the banners page can be removed.
HelpingTeens.org:

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Nick, calm down...skye wasn't attacking you...

Skye, i took a look around and everything that i have found says "Helpingteens.org" and not "teenhelp.org" so i think you have changed everything! :) Good job!

~Jeff~
cellardoor
Loyal

Post by cellardoor »

holy, so much bickering over something so little. just mentioning a small little thing has blown into something insane. i just read a post about how people on here fight to much. this sure shows its true
staring off into the distance hoping for a better tomorrow....and finally that tomorrow came with you
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Removed

--nj

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

woah, nick, chill, skye didnt attak you, and i think she would know the rules a little better then you would, she is an admin you know, and has been here for years ;)

anyway,

i dont think that it matters if the question gets changed or not, its not about detail or anything and its not like it wont be changed soon :P
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

This topic has been closed to prevent further perpetuation of arguments.
HelpingTeens.org: