Sudden Bad Feeling

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

Sudden Bad Feeling

Post by Trapped »

I got this really bad feeling acouple days ago at work about me and dance...It was like a reality check that....."Who are you kidding?" You know you won't be able to do all those things in time if at all. (I have certain requirements I need to be able to do in order to perform on the dance team I just made, and as of right now, I can't do them and I need to by July 30th) *Ahhh* *Omg, help!* :( :'( :worried: :afraid:
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Re: Sudden Bad Feeling

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

You need to really keep working on it because theres nothing more than working that you can do. If you really want to be on this dance team and you really want to make it then try your hardest. If the teachers know that u are trying your hardest then maybe they will be able to give you a break at what you are doing.

By the way .. what is it that you can't do.. maybe I can give you a few pointers.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
Trapped
Veteran

Post by Trapped »

Yes, there is. I need:

(Now, we don't need all of these for first year, but I do if I want a solo in the spring)

Right splits

left splits

middle splits

High kicks (to your nose)

Fan kicks

R/L Piroutte turns

R/L Chine turns

Axles

Toe Touch

C...something jump and reach back with arms and feet, body looks like backwards C
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

***edit posted same time you did...you answered it...***

but in reply to your new post, i think that if you work on it, calm down, concentrate ya can do it!

Get a friend to help...

Its called anxiety that is making you double fear your dance...

~Jeff~
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Take a couple of breaths when you start to feel your fear, and also, pratice makes almost perfect for your dance. But if you can't do a type of move, don't worry loads-its not the end of the world. I bet there are famous dancers out there who have trouble with moves as well. But worrying about it will make you worse cos you're concentrating on how 'bad' you think you are, and that avoids you from performing as well. Keep practising-at your moves AND how to control your fear.

Good luck.

Luv Ruth
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future