People Getting Band?

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

People Getting Band?

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Okay well im kinda new? lol I guess anyways and ive never seen a post saying someone was banned and I was thinking how would we know? * if one member was banned?
Nj
Veteran

Re: People Getting Band?

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Love2Laugh08@Jul 12 2004, 10:26 PM

Okay well im kinda new? lol I guess anyways and ive never seen a post saying someone was banned and I was thinking how would we know? * if one member was banned?

under memeber title

<<

it says 'banned'
--nj

Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

So do we just have to look up a members post/tread and see it? why cant they just tell us in like general or annountments?
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Love2Laugh08@Jul 12 2004, 10:33 PM

So do we just have to look up a members post/tread and see it? why cant they just tell us in like general or annountments?

A] its not really your business if another member is banned, if they are a friend, search their profile, or they can let you know.

B] it would be a waste of time/effort/energy just to post who's banned. Its not conducive to this site's purpose, which is helping.

C] A word of advice, stop dragging topics you post in off topic, I've caught quite a few off topic posts by you, tonight alone.
--nj

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Well, you don't really NEED to know, lol. It's not exactly something we announce because if they do something bad, it shouldn't be promoted.

Example: My freshman year of high school, we had about 8 bomb threats called in by winter break. Every time the threat was reported on the news. Then, suddenly, they stopped. After that, the bomb threats stopped as well.

I see it kind of like that. Although, obviously the admins may have a different reason.

Doug

Edit to say: Nick, we'll do the modding around here. :P [/joke]
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

--nj

Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

okay im going to leave the rude comments out.... anyways im simply asking a question.Dont tell me im going off topic i started the tread i wanted answers not rude comments! I would be confused if suddenly a member stopped posting i would just want to know what happend not why? and if it not or business then why by their title it says banned!! thank you very much! ;)
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Originally posted by Love2Laugh08@Jul 12 2004, 11:33 PM

they tell in staff chat. thats about it. would *you* want someone knowing why you got banned? i kow i wouldnt... probably.... anyway, it doesnt really matter.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Don't worry, you're not going off topic...

Well, if you're worried about a member all you have to do is click their name and find out. The reason it says banned, this is all my opinion btw, is because some people are nosy like that and want to know.

Nick - Nice try of what? I get confused too easily :huh: :bag:

Doug
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Love2Laugh08@Jul 12 2004, 10:44 PM

okay im going to leave the rude comments out.... anyways im simply asking a question.Dont tell me im going off topic i started the tread i wanted answers not rude comments! I would be confused if suddenly a member stopped posting i would just want to know what happend not why? and if it not or business then why by their title it says banned!! thank you very much! ;)

I answered your question. The information is made public when a member is banned, but the reason is not announced nor is the ban. Its a quiet operation that shouldn't get much attention.

I didn't give you rude comments, I simple let you know it a 'ps:' that you were breaking a rule in some of the threads on this site, i'll not do it again though, i'll just report your post to a moderator and spare myself the aggrevation of helping you out.

also, new bans probably don't say 'banned' because i think HT admins use the suspension system now..
--nj

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

Originally posted by Love2Laugh08@Jul 12 2004, 11:44 PM

a) don't have the time to post everyone

b... you only need to worry about your own hide, not everyone elses

c) there's a list of about 20-30 people right know banned just in the support groups alone

d) there are people we ban by IP address in the .htaccess file when they try to get around bans

e) there are over 40 IPs in the .htaccess file

f) too much time taken for alerting everyone - we just alert staff via a bans sub-forum in the staff section so that they can be apprised of the banning as they are the ones this really affects (in case they try to get around the ban)

g) if you want to find out if someone is banned, look at their profile - their tag will say such.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Originally posted by Beautiful+Jul 12 2004, 09:47 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (Beautiful @ Jul 12 2004, 09:47 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Love2Laugh08@Jul 12 2004, 11:33 PM

they tell in staff chat. thats about it. would *you* want someone knowing why you got banned? i kow i wouldnt... probably.... anyway, it doesnt really matter.[/b][/quote]

Well.... first of all I didnt say WHY i said just to know, anyways okay thanks OD i got my answer from you thanks :P
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

getting banned is sorta like going to jail...

when people go to jail it is in their local paper because they know each other...so in enence if you know them, you can always check their profile...Knowing all who got banned is like reading about people from accross the county who were arrested...its not really necessary...

~Jeff~
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Give her a break dam....she was just curious, im sure shes not trying to get up in everyone business....But me personally,if i get banned i wouldnt want the world to know, cuz i think *my opinion* it would make me look bad. But like i said no big deal, i really dont care whos banned unless say there my Friend....
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

i think the possibility of getting banned is a good thing. at least it shows people that there is a limit to how far their behaviour can go before it gets too much.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Thanks pariah, im was just curious anyways i got my answers its all good now.. :P
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

--nj

Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Nick i dont have a problem with anyone on this site, i am friends with everyone, but i didnt say NICK YOUR BEING TO DAM HARSH now did i? No i said give her a break, this is stupid [NICK] ok, just drop it, if you dont like what i write, ull get over it I SWEAR, but if someone is banned O WELL, she was just woundering, I think Someone should close this before any other things happen.
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Please stop fighting and get back on topic people.

Doug
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friends,

Read OD's post and get over it please.

Stop the off topic posts etc!!

-FiZz

CLOSED
Click to Email Me