New Alternative School

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
faith
Veteran

New Alternative School

Post by faith »

ok so this coming school yr (my senior yr) im going to go to a new alternative school. 9th -11th i went to a normal public school and im so scared that no one will like me at this new place. got any advice?
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: New Alternative School

Post by SirPostAlot »

Be friendly...

WHat exaclty is an Alt. school? is just a new school?

I would say just to be friendly and try not to be shy...let people know who you are and have fun! Think optomistic!! :)

~Jeff~
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

to be honest....just be yourself
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
hopeless_
Loyal

Post by hopeless_ »

ya b honest, but i agree with Jeff... don't be shy... that was my fatal mistake... the bullies could and will take advantage of that... but if u r confident, they'll b like "wow this girl is cool, she knows who she is and what she wants"... i dont know if that makes sense... but show them u r comfortable with who u r and they will like you for that... hope you have a great senior year...

take care,

andy
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

jeff- alt schools are for kids who have trouble making it through "normal" school. but for me i missed 4 months of school last yr due to treatment so im basicalyl going to catch up on credits. but the whole school is like 100 kids so about 25 kids per class. so its pretty small. im not worried about bullies. ive never been bullied in public school....idk im not like the kind of kid ppl would bullie. im just worried i wont have any friends.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by faith@Jul 15 2004, 08:53 AM

jeff- alt schools are for kids who have trouble making it through "normal" school. but for me i missed 4 months of school last yr due to treatment so im basicalyl going to catch up on credits. but the whole school is like 100 kids so about 25 kids per class. so its pretty small. im not worried about bullies. ive never been bullied in public school....idk im not like the kind of kid ppl would bullie. im just worried i wont have any friends.

hmm....well, "if you want friends you have to be a friend" (one of the many lectures from my mother...haha...)

Just go in there with a smile and talk to the students as if they wree your friends...get to know them, hun...

You will do good...you are a great person and you will make friends easily! Just keep thinking optomistic, keep your head up, smile, and remember: have fun!! :)

~Jeff~
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

im sure you'll have a lot of new friends, just be true and be yourself :) everything will be fine, stop worrying so much hun :)
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*