Death/mourning

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
Exodus
Loyal

Re: Death/mourning

Post by Exodus »

I agree... people would use a mourning forum I think.
You're not real and you can't save me...
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Skye@Jun 9 2004, 09:25 AM

We have a mourning forum. It's called "Why Me!"

HAHAHA! Is it bad that I just cracked up at that?

Umm...people don't like talking about death. Maybe online, they might, but it'd be the same repetitive answers OVER AND OVER again. Much like the suicide forum.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
oceanblue

Post by oceanblue »

Umm...people don't like talking about death. Maybe online, they might, but it'd be the same repetitive answers OVER AND OVER again. Much like the suicide forum.

Some people do like to talk about death, it helps them mourn and move on or it helps them remember the person they have lost. And it doesnt matter that the answers would be repetitive, each person deserves their own answer about their own specific problem, isnt that what this site is about? I dont know if you have ever lost anyone close to you but i have and i know from my experiences that a death and mourning forum would help people, it doesnt even have to be a forum, it can be a subtopic.
At Cavanaugh park

where i used to sit all alone in the dark

and dream about things that i cannot say

you always said destiny would blow me away

and nothings gonna blow me away
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by oceanblue@Jul 23 2004, 07:49 PM

Some people do like to talk about death, it helps them mourn and move on or it helps them remember the person they have lost. And it doesnt matter that the answers would be repetitive, each person deserves their own answer about their own specific problem, isnt that what this site is about? I dont know if you have ever lost anyone close to you but i have and i know from my experiences that a death and mourning forum would help people, it doesnt even have to be a forum, it can be a subtopic.

Ha, our signatures are opposites. You're openminded, you live in Mass, and you're voting for Bush? Wow, that's a first. (I didn't mean that offensively. I was just stating my opinion)

Okay, back on topic.

I DO know that talking about death helps, but in some situations, people just can't relate to THAT specific problem. They can only give a generic answer. That's like me saying, "Oh god, my grandmother died! I feel so horrible...what do I do?" Obviously, you wouldn't know how close I was to my grandmother or not, and if you said, "Well, it only takes time," I'd get super mad because I KNOW it takes time. But basically, only THAT person can get over a loss of a loved ones. Outsider thoughts may help TO AN EXTENT, but not nearly as well as say, another family member or friend.

But that's just me.

And yes, I did lose somebody very special. I dealt with it, and I didn't like talking about it.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

I think people can mourn in Why me or maybe they should have a topic pinned so you can mourn in that?
girl_about_town
Veteran

Post by girl_about_town »

I'm moderator of the death/grieving forum on another advice site and I gotta say a lot of people do find it helpful. I don't have that many suicide posts, people mainly use when they have lost a friend or relative. I think it is a good idea, cos death is something that affects us all and we need to address this issue.

I'd be willing to give you a hand on this one, should you require any help. :)
Love Katie x x x
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I'd also be willing to give a hand as well.Sometimes people may want to talk about the person who died, what they were like etc. They also want to say what happened. Everyone's different, but it will all be about grieving and mourning. Sticking in Why Me is mainly just a venting forum, and I don't think saying about someone dying is really suitable for it.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

I do think its a fantastic idea
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Sam!
Veteran

Post by Sam! »

I'm highly opposed. I think there is nothing uplifting about it... It's actually rather... Upsetting.... and depressing. I'd totally stay out of there.
-Sam!