Helpingteens.org Is Great!

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

alnieve
Veteran

Helpingteens.org Is Great!

Post by alnieve »

I just wanted to say that despite all of the bashing that has been going on about this site...it is one of the best things that have ever happened to be. I love being a member of it and hopefully always will. People are saying that it's "not what it was two years ago". It doesn't matter, HT is still an awesome place for teens to go and get nonjudgemental (sp?) advice for any problems they may be experiencing. I hope that I am not the only member that feels this way. If HT was so bad would it's members honestly still be here? It is still a great place, I just wish people would quit bashing it. Thanks for listening!

Love,

the girl next door
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Re: Helpingteens.org Is Great!

Post by Toy Soldier »

Nicely said!
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

This is an awesome place to go and no place else can compare to it. I don't see what people are complaining about, but whatever. I still love it and call it home.

*Moved to chit-chat*

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
tokyo tripping
Loyal

Post by tokyo tripping »

whoever's 'bashing' it is just a drama queen. this is a website for helping teens, it shouldn't fucking matter if it's not what it was 2 years ago and blabbity blah blah blah. who cares.
Image Image
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

Yes, it is a awesome place. I wouldn't be wanting it to be more and I wouldn't have been here for four years if I had thought otherwise. My post wasn't intended as bashing at all.

Helpingteens is like a 100,000 dollar house which would be 1,000,000 dollars with just a few changes. Sure, anyone would like a 100,000 dollar house, but I bet many of you would like one that were a million $ more.
-Jacob Wilson
girl_about_town
Veteran

Post by girl_about_town »

yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i agree :)

Long live HT
Love Katie x x x
JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

I agree completely. I can tell my friends basically everything in real life..but on here.. I can get out the problems that I really just dont want to burden anyone else with...and I don't have to worry about going on about problems too much! lol

def. a great site :D
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Jake@Jul 24 2004, 05:03 PM

Yes, it is a awesome place. I wouldn't be wanting it to be more and I wouldn't have been here for four years if I had thought otherwise. My post wasn't intended as bashing at all.

Helpingteens is like a 100,000 dollar house which would be 1,000,000 dollars with just a few changes. Sure, anyone would like a 100,000 dollar house, but I bet many of you would like one that were a million $ more.

No, I absolutley love the way it is now and don't believe anyone should be in a hurry to change it unless it's actually going to help us help people better. And, I find it hard to believe we can help people better with anything else. I don't want something that's flashier or "million $" because that's just greedy. You should stop stirring up shit.

Doug
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

Relax Doug. Jake has been here for a very long time, so I can understand him wanting it to be as good as it used to. Sure it seems ok now, I mean it's more than ok, but Jake just wants it to be the best it can be. There's nothing wrong with that ;)
I wish I were a spy.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

But there IS something wrong with saying that Adam and Skye should not be admins anymore and implying that this site isn't good. Those are what I have a problem with.

Doug
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

-Jacob Wilson
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Jake@Jul 24 2004, 06:11 PM

How would that be possible? How about helplink working? How about the chat not be so crappy? How about having a section that provides users with flyer layouts to post around their area to spread the word? How about a Staff section which would allow the users to know more about and contact any member of the site's staff?

I guess none of those would help scince the site is already "good enough". Get off your high horse and realize the only thing I'm trying to do is help.

1) Helplink working - Yes, that would be nice, but it's not a neccesity.

2) The chat is perfectly fine as is. What could you add that would help teens with their problems more than the chat is now?

3) They can create flyers themselves, there's no need for the admins to create something that does it. We still get new members every day. People can do the flyers themselves if they choose.

4) If the users want to know more they can ask other users. Many people come here for the annonmynity of the site. Mandatorily giving other users information just opens us up for all kinds of crap. This would in no way help people that need it.

5) I'm not on a high horse, I'm standing up for what this site is and what it has accomplished, and I'm also standing up for the admins that have done so much for all of us.

Doug
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

-Jacob Wilson
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

We don't need Helplink because we have the support groups and chat. Would it be nice to have? Of course and I hope they get it done quickly. But going after the admins because they can't get it done "quickly enough" is crazy. And, by telling them to step down, you ARE attacking them...

Adam and Skye both have said that they have little time for this website anymore due to their current situations, yet they continue to stay admins. The whole point of the Teenhelp admin system was to make sure that the site always has someone there to be able to keep the site up to date, and keep things running smooth.

Why are NONE of the members of this site outraged? Why do all of you stick by a site that has done nothing to stay a stable enviorment to get help?

That is an unneccessary attack on Adam, Skye, and the website. We have a "stable environment" to get help.

I'm glad that you helped to setup this forum and I'm glad that it has saved your life before, but complaining about how this site "should be better," and about how, in your opinion, the admins do not have the time to be admins, does nothing. You think things should be better or that they should spend more time here? Tell them PRIVATLEY. Don't come here and bitch about it publically.

Now, it's too bad you're getting that upset about a debate. Please try to stay calm or else it really isn't worth debating.
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

Like I said many times before, I did not intend debate. I am informing that teenhelp will be better than it is now, and people will get help from it. I had no problem with it becoming better through Adam and Skye working on it, but they have washed their hands clean of it, and it seems that teenhelp will have to become better again.

My comments were not complaints, and I believe that is a lot of your problems with me. You seem to consider any suggestion that is made to be "bitching" about the current situation and then chose to ignore the fact that I have complimented what has been done so far. You assume way too much for your own good and it is rather insulting. You assume I am not calm, when I really don't care about your "debate" against me and I am calm as day. You assume I hate Adam and Skye, when I truly believe they are awesome people.

Don't like what I'm saying? Warn me. Block me. Lock my topic. I don't care. I was just giving everyone here the knowledge that the new teenhelp will not be a copy of helpingteens. It will surpass this site in every way possible.
-Jacob Wilson
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

And here comes another reply from doug...
-Jacob Wilson
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Jake@Jul 24 2004, 07:17 PM

Don't like what I'm saying? Warn me. Block me. Lock my topic. I don't care. I was just giving everyone here the knowledge that the new teenhelp will not be a copy of helpingteens. It will surpass this site in every way possible.

There, right there, THAT is what I have a large problem with. Tennhelp will NEVER surpass this community. You can have all the features, all the upgrades you want. But, what makes a site good, is the people running it and the people that come to it. We have great people and personalities running this website, and we have a spectacular community of people. Teenhelp is now run by someone who, in my opinion, is not near as good at it. It took, what, 4 years to make this site into what it is today and it will take another 4 to do that to Teenhelp. By that time, this site will probably be "better" than it is today. Adam and Skye have not washed their hands of it. It's the kind of attitude in those bolded sentences that I take offense to. I'm not going to warn you, block you, or lock your topic because you didn't break any rules. I'm not that kind of person, no matter what you may think. If I was like that, I can promise you that I would not be a moderator.

Doug
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

i need to stray out of the chitchat some day, i havent noticed any bashing on the helpingteens website.
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

Originally posted by Doug@Jul 24 2004, 06:27 PM

Adam and Skye have not washed their hands of it.

It, meaning the teenhelp.org domain. Not helpingteens.
-Jacob Wilson
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Adam and Skye tried their damn best to get TH back, but then Winston called the cops on Adam and refused to sign the contract. What else was Adam supposed to do? We're fine here and I'll fight til the end with anyone who says that TH will be better than this place.

Doug