Own Worst Enemy

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Trapped
Veteran

Own Worst Enemy

Post by Trapped »

Now, this isn't the typical asking for what to do in school type thing, but I just wanted some advice...

I recently posted...in the self-esteem forum (44851), but the problems have started to (and progessively conitnue.....and get even worse) tap into school performance b/c I cannot stay focused. There are so many other things on my mind...I'm a senior this year in a fairly new place to me, and I didn't adjust too well. I'm still in a stressful situation at home, and now that I have no one to express anything to-adults at school are too busy (school just started); home could care less or they think I'm joking, and no one wants to be here anyway; old "friends" aren't really friends, just the only ppl that could stand me most times, and since I'm in another city now, I guess they're glad to not hear my pessimistic tale any longer- so there's a lot of baggage.

I've been a pretty reserved person all my life, it's difficult for me to make friends, so I don't know what to doAnd I'm having a very hard time getting focused on my homework.

There are too many things that I want to tell someone, but there's no one to listen.

I just can't type well/fast enough to explain it on here, if someone should happen to look at it.

So, if anyone knows what I should do or wants some more info to clarify, just...let me know, so I don't screw up once more in school. Thanx.

I've asked multiple times for professional assistance, but I'm denied cuz I guess my family thinks it's not that serious or they're not the type of people to get into that-it's wrong if I should need psychological help...
It's the little things that make a big difference.

In case you hadn't noticed...4-letter words:

love - hate - true - life

"And there are voices

That want to be heard

So much to mention

But you can't find the words"

--Listen to Your Heart, DHT

I can't erase myself, but I can try to move on.
XTorn2PiecesLPX
Veteran

Re: Own Worst Enemy

Post by XTorn2PiecesLPX »

hun you know im here when you need to talk. Just AIM me

-Molly
Cause I am stricken and cant let you go ~Disturbed

The prettiest people do the ugliest things ~ K. West

Do you pull me up just to push me down again ~Mudvayne

And when Im gone just carry on, dont morn, rejoyce everytime you hear the sound of my voice just know that im lookin down on you smiling and i didnt feel a thing so baby dont feel my pain just smile back
_ofunsoundmind
Loyal

Re: Own Worst Enemy

Post by _ofunsoundmind »

Ok, it's good that you've asked your family for help. But since they denied it, that means it's time for you to take it into your own hands. You know what you need and you know what's best for you. Depending on how large your school is, it should have guidance counselors available for you to talk to at no cost or obligation. When I was in high school I went to them all the time. I'll admit that it was very hard to find one who seemed to know what the hell they were talking about, but it's worth a shot.

As for what you're experiencing...I believe that is all a relatively normal part of being a teenager, starting a new school year, getting ready to go to college, and being a senior. My high school days were horrible. I hated every minute of it. But I lived through it and things got better.

x Shelle
Ethan Riley Winters

born the 16th of August, 2002

weighing 7 pounds and 9 ounces

^ Our gift from God ^

I've always known this wasn't Home
-B.D.