Future

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Future

Post by SirPostAlot »

Personally i believe we make our own destiny...

~Jeff~
_ofunsoundmind
Loyal

Re: Future

Post by _ofunsoundmind »

We do make our own destiny (ie. we have free will), but in a sense it is predetermined because God knows what destiny we will choose.

x Shelle
Ethan Riley Winters

born the 16th of August, 2002

weighing 7 pounds and 9 ounces

^ Our gift from God ^

I've always known this wasn't Home
-B.D.
xloveforsalex
Loyal

Post by xloveforsalex »

i think it's both in a sense. i think God gives us choices in life, but, at the same time, He already knows what will be picked.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

I agree with xloveforsalex. So I didn't vote as I wasn't sure which one it fits under.

We choose our destiny but God, being omnipotent, already knows what destiny we will choose.

If that makes sense...

It's confusing even to ME.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

we make our own destiny
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

I believe its both-I believe that G-d has our lives mapped out in front of us, but we have choices-but He knows what consequences of choosing those choices are, whichever choice we choose. I hope that makes some sort of sense :/

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

We are born a blank slate, and procede to create our own path until we die.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

Umm.....A little of both maybe? *raises eyebrow* Sam-Sam gets confused so she just walks down a path with the "iny meny miny mo.." hehe <--Third person does wonders. :D

Sammi
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

Our parents kind of shape the way we turn out, a lot of personal development happens before the age of 10. I think we do have a certain amount of control over our destiny but in our society.. do we really have control over anything?
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Which parts of our lives are pre-ordained and where can we make a difference?

Everything is pre-ordained and predestined by G-d, how long we will live, how much money we will have, who we will marry, etc. Our only free choice is whether to be good or evil. It is entirely up to us whether we want to be good, moral, and G-d fearing people.

Furthermore, the fact that G-d controls everything does not mean that we cannot change our destiny. We say in the high-holiday prayers "repentance, prayer and charity avert the severity of the [Heavenly] decree."

Our sages tell us that "charity saves from death." And although everything is controlled by G-d, He wants us to make physical vessels for His blessings so they can be actualized. This means that we go to the doctor, knowing that G-d is the Healer of all flesh, but He works through the hands of the doctor. Just as we all go to work every day although we believe that on Rosh Hashanah it is already determined how much money we will earn throughout the entire year.

Rabbi N. Silberberg

http://www.askmoses.com/qa_detail.html?h=253&o=2520
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

I think it's kinda like this, not exactly, but similar.

You have a friend and he has the choice between buying a barbie doll or a real car. Examples are bad yeah, but that's not the point. The point is, you know he's going to choose the car. This doesn't determine that your friend doesn't have the choice to choose the barbie, for all you know he could choose the barbie doll... but you still know that he's going to choose the car. And he does.

Now you might ask "what if he actually chose the barbie doll?" The point is not whether he actually chose the barbie doll, but the fact that he chose the car when he could have made his own choice to take either one and you would not have been making the choice for him. So if it came down to things more complicated choices in life, I would think of it as God just having a little more edge than we do on knowing what we'll choose, because in the case that we believe in God, and God is omniscient (according to theory), then He certainly would know what choice we shall make without forcing our decision.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Loyal

Post by 309756 »

Tabula rasa - Locke
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

Anna_Banana
Loyal

Post by Anna_Banana »

i believe we make our own destiny. we make our own decisions. we have the choice of if we succeed or fail in our life. i dont believe everything is planned out for us...if it were, things wouldn't be the way they are today...and our future would be so easy to choose, and much clearer to us.

if you need to talk feel free to pm me anytime

<3333 Anneliese