Please Explain...

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Please Explain...

Post by SirPostAlot »

Ok what exactly is blasphome (sp?)

Like i said "omg" at work and i got yelled at and i said "oh yeah cuz god will really care that i said omg" and she yelled "you can't say what got is thinking, its blasphome - you'll go to hell for it)..

and in english class we had to dress up and act out this scene (one had to be a woman in distress, another an infomerchial guy, another a begger, and another as god) and i - the other non christian- had to be god becuase they were afraid of blasphome becuase of "saying things for god" i said in the scene "my son, go and spread the word of me and you shall be saved..." and we all laughed and shit but they said i was going to go to hell...

so what is the difference of saying that verses when christians (catholics w/e) say like god will punish gays and god would not like that, etc...

i mean what i said in eng. wasn't bad so if your agruement is that its becuas ei am not a believer, but my friend swouldn't say it though they do believe becuase they say its blasphome and wrong to say words acting as "god" though when you speak for him (by yelling or w/e) you are in act acting as him thus blasphome and going to hell...right?

~Jeff~
Loyal

Re: Please Explain...

Post by 309756 »

First off, it's spelled blasphemy.. :-P

And really, it's a pretty dead concept in secular society. All it means is that you say, act, or believe in something contrary to orthodox beliefs. Heresy is another word to describe heterogenity in theology.
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Blasphemy refers to an act or saying that denies, insults, or defiles dieties.

For example, the term "Oh my God" refers to blasphemy in the archaic usage that "My God" promoted such an action. In other words, the term refers to denouncing faith in a situation seen as being promoted by God.

"Jesus Christ", the way this term is used is refered to disagreeing with Jesus.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

so its not blasphemy *thanks for the right spelling :wink:* to say shit like "god wouldn't approve of that"?

ahh, the jesus thing yeah i get yelled at that...latly when i am frustrated or shocked i say "jeesus"...and get yelled at for saying it *whoops* its habit...

thanks!

so its only blasphemy when you say something in denouncing their charactor? so by saying like "god deems all gays to hell" . . . or . . . "god is looking down on you right now - figurativily and literally" *both i have heard from friends* is that blasphemy?

~Jeff~
Loyal

Post by 309756 »

Well, depends. blasphemy to many strong christians is to say stuff like "oh, jesus, what the fuck", or "jesus fucking christ", or "oh my god". that sort of thing.
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Basically it's disrespecting G-d or His Name.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Nobody knows if god will aprove of it.

You probably will go to hell for making judgments about god saying "your going to hell for that" and stuff.

*rolls eyes*

Anyway.

I guess you learn a new word everyday..

haha.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be