It May Be Too Old

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

njh88_07
Loyal

It May Be Too Old

Post by njh88_07 »

If you have a computer that you bought arond five or six years ago and you tried to get a burner for it you will have problems getting it installed this is what recently happened to me. My computer was five or six years old and then I got a burner for it but the burner didn't work they said if I wanted the burner to work I'd have to do all the upgrades and get all the new system supplies and then get a burner that is compatible with your computer. If you would want to do that it would cost about just as much as a new computer. And the cheapest place to get all the things you need would be a Staples. Hope this helps just in case you have problems in this type of situation. :)
Our attitude towards life determines lifes attitude towards us.

-Earl Nighingale

I may have done some things that are wrong but hey who hasn't? I don't know anyone that is perfect. Do you?

People don't die from suicide they die from sadness.

-ANONYMOUS

That which nourishes me also destroys me.

ANGELINA JOLIE -So true for me. I believe it.
OverDrive
Veteran

Re: It May Be Too Old

Post by OverDrive »

Can you be more specific about:

What operating system you run (win 95, 98, ME, 2000, or XP?)

What type of burner you bought?

A burner here in canada is as cheap as 29 bux.... it will work 100% properly on a 7 year old computer - 1998 - even on a COMPAQ Presario 4860 - which is the model my burner is on (on one of my many computers)
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
The Black Hat
Veteran

Post by The Black Hat »

Can't you just buy a compatable USB burner? I don't remember for sure but I own a Compaq from 99' and purchased a USB burner for it. I merely had to upgrade the RAM and install XP.
Respectfully,

Black Hat

njh88_07
Loyal

Post by njh88_07 »

Well it's a little difficult the computer I had was 5 or 6 years old the burner was compatable but didn't work my computer was a Windows 98 but not the updated version the type of computer was a HP. I don't remember the type of burner sorry yes in different countries things may be different such as the computers and burners so I can't help you there sorry.
Our attitude towards life determines lifes attitude towards us.

-Earl Nighingale

I may have done some things that are wrong but hey who hasn't? I don't know anyone that is perfect. Do you?

People don't die from suicide they die from sadness.

-ANONYMOUS

That which nourishes me also destroys me.

ANGELINA JOLIE -So true for me. I believe it.