What's Wrong With Me?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

kellykelly
Loyal

What's Wrong With Me?

Post by kellykelly »

i use to have this big to-do with my ex. we were guna get back together but i dunno it never happened, and i would tell myself, i just have to find a guy who treats me good and i'll be happy. well i did, i was friends with this kid for a little over a year and we started dating and it is so unbelievably great, he comes to see me all the time, he waits for me after class, he calls me, he cares about me, yet i can't let down this barrier i've put up around myself. the problem is he's becoming my best friend and my boyfriend, and i keep losing my best friends, as soon as i let someone into my heart i seem to scare them away. i know what i do, i'll make something out of nothing, yesterday we spent a couple hours together and he didn't kiss me once and in my head i blew it way out of proportion, and i put up a wall and shut off my feelings for him, it's like.. (i love metaphors) i start to break down my wall, i let myself love him and care about him and things are great and then i realize omg there's only a couple more bricks left and then my walls gone completely so i find some dumb reason to build it up again and i feel horrible because i'll act like i'm mad at him or i dunno. i'm just so scared to lose him because i really do care about him i just always screw things up and im trying so so desperately to let go and forget all the shit relationships i had in the past and forget that every best friend i've ever had finds a way to use and manipulate me.. ugh i just, i'm so scared, but i want so so so badly to be with him and be happy why can't i let go? i try so so hard, but i keep doing it and i know i'm doing it.
Stuck911
Loyal

Re: What's Wrong With Me?

Post by Stuck911 »

Letting down walls is hard, but if you really trust him then you should be able to.
DON'T HIT KIDS..... No seriously...... They have guns now

I'm ashamed at what I did for a Klondac bar.......

I want a realtionship I can finally sink my teeth into
mandy219
Loyal

Post by mandy219 »

I agree...... people build walls so that they dont get hurt, but sometimes along with those walls you dont let the good in either. An from the sounds of things hes good for you. It may be hard but dont worry..... everything will come in time
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Post by nevermindmylife »

I think you should tel him this.

I think you should tell him you have this wall, and that it is very hard for you to deal with. Tell him, that sometimes you get scared, and sometimes you are confused, and sometimes you are sad.

Tell him all of that, and then tell him that this means it will take you time to feel completely secure, tell him that you realize you are safe with him, but that your brain isn't sending this message to your heart just yet. Tell him you want to be with him, and that you hope that he can be patient as you adjust and break down your walls.

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along

sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

letting down walls is very difficult. i have issues with this too i have a hard time letting down my walls when it comes to anyone, especially boys. but ive seen my sister who had a lot of walls up find the one for her and the walls are gone and she is very happy.

i think you should tell him that you're just afraid. and just talk to him about it. if he really cares he'll understand.

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
Anna_Banana
Loyal

Post by Anna_Banana »

letting someone in is a difficult thing to do. i use to be the same way. i was afraid to let anyone inside because i was so scared of being hurt. all my past relationships ended so horribly...

you need to talk to him and let him know that its difficult for you. he may end up thinking that you dont like him, or you dont want to be with him. you need to make sure that doesnt come up. if you tell him he'll be patient with you, and im sure he'll respect what you tell him. try that and let me know how it goes.

if you need to talk feel free to pm me anytime

<3333 Anneliese
Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe »

1. that was a simile not a metaphor - cause u used the word like

2. walls are hard to overcome, but you gotta realize that they are stupid. All the stuff that u are hiding behind a wall, is what makes you - you. So why hide that stuff, embarass? shame? screw it all dude. You only got one life to live, no sense keeping it all to yourself. Boys dont like walls either, at first they seem like an obstacle to overcome, but its only more of a frustration. stop blowing things out of proportion tell him how you feel, and realize that all the crap you are hiding behind a wall is only hurting you more because you keeping it to yourself. express yourself to him, but dont overload him.

gl
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .