Confirmation Retreat

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

NeverReallySeen
Veteran

Confirmation Retreat

Post by NeverReallySeen »

My church is going on the confirmation retreat this weekend. I kinda act like a hard ass, like I dont care about it... but deep down, I'm kinda scared. I have a feeling its going to be very hard because I feel like I'll be dealing with my depression and self harm there. I have a feeling I'm going to have it really hard this weekend. I feel like this will actually be life changing. I'm kinda scared that it really will hit me hard. I'm scared that I'll cry in front of them, and that it'll be very emotional for me. I'm scared that this will hit me too hard. I'm scared that everyone there is going to find out about my self harm and my depression.

I'm just really scared my true emotions are going to come out in front of everyone.

I'm gonna write more after my retreat this weekend. But I just want to know if others have had life changing experiences with confirmation stuff.
To be nobody but yourself in a world thats doing its best to make you somebody

else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.

You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living,

Until the escape becomes the habit.

Everything is ok in the end.

If its not, then its not the end.
bluegray
Loyal

Re: Confirmation Retreat

Post by bluegray »

This happened to me like 3 years back. I was just like you. Scared out of my mind. It was a life changing experience. This is when I put my foot down and finally got help for my self harm and depression. I did cry, but not really infront of everyone though just in like the second night when we had a night of prayer. It was actually wonderful to know that someone could care so much. After my youth leader found out about it because I just wanted to get it off my chest we talked for awhile and I realized that I was by all means not alone in dealing with this. He got the proper help that I needed and from that day forward he has been there for me. If it was to all happen again I would do it again. I had a lot of fun and got closer to GOD and the other people around. I learnt many things about myself. It actually helped. I think it will be a good thing. I did have many down falls after though, but I knew that I would get though them. Let us know how it goes. Keep your mind open, good luck and lastely HAVE FUN!!!!

blue
faith
Veteran

Re: Confirmation Retreat

Post by faith »

be honest and open. being those are sooooo important. hun dont worry. God IS in charge. if he feels its time for stuff to happen it will happen, if its not time it wont happen. everything happens for a reason. be hoenst and open i cant say that enough. will u post whenu get back and tell us how it goes? thanks.

god bless and ur in my prayers.

~faith
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea